Trip Report Flood here, Flood There

Well, HELLLOOOOO There!

I promise to post lots of pictures in this trip report, once I figure out HOW to get them from my phone to the computer. :jawdrop: :bored:
I also promise to FINISH this trip report...I know, I know, that's a big commitment, but this teacher is still on summer break and can make it happen!

In April of 2021, DH and I were planning to go home to Seattle to visit my family. We were really looking forward to it. But rental car prices were out the wazoo at $750 a week, even on the discounted sites. So I was thinking that Seattle may not happen. Fast-forward to May 20, 2021. There was a mega flood at my mom's house in Seattle and the kitchen/living room needed renovations that still won't be done till Labor Day.

Where can we go last minute that doesn't require us driving any motor vehicles for a week? Oh, AND we can use our RCI timeshare to STAY ON PROPERTY?!!!!!!!!!
key west travel GIF

OLD KEY WEST----HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really excited to try out OKW, as I've only been to Olivia's.

We booked the trip at 62 days out and got all the dining reservations we wanted at 60 days--yay!
Of course, this means we are getting up BEFORE DAWN tomorrow to go to the airport on the cheapest flight of the day but hey, anything for a week of DISNEY MAGIC!!!

I may change the title of my trip reports but I've been in the WORLD enough to know when it rains, certain areas become quite flooded---the Epcot Entrance, especially (at least in 2014!)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
OLD KEY WEST----HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really excited to try out OKW, as I've only been to Olivia's.

I may change the title of my trip reports but I've been in the WORLD enough to know when it rains, certain areas become quite flooded---the Epcot Entrance, especially (at least in 2014!)
You are going to LOVE Old Key West (at least I hope so, since I've hyped it so much and you bought into my hype!).

We were in Tomorrowland once for a fantastic flood. It was a pretty fantastic summer thunderstorm with lots of lightning as we exited Space Mountain. Our goal was to cross to Buzz without getting too drenched and we failed epically. By the time we were under Astro Orbiter, the water level was well over our shoes and coming close to our daughter's knees. Once in Buzz, there was zero line and we walked right on, only to leave puddles in our ride vehicle. When we finished, we just scooted through the lake back to the entrance. Ended up riding Buzz three times in a row with no wait and with very soggy footwear (and everything else).

Looking forward to your report!

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
We are back from a very busy and hot week in The World!

We woke up at 2:45 am (because we really like those cheap flights) and made our way to the airport. I know a bunch of us take those early-morning flights to maximize our time in the World... @Doc Disney @fractal and I know @Tuvalu and @brifraz start their drives super early sometimes!

S and I made it to the airport and we were off to the magic!

After an uneventful flight, S's sister, C picked us up at MCO and just before noon we were soon seeing this sign!

********apologies if my pictures are blurry, the ones I'm uploading here sure weren't blurry when I took them!*********

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpg
    IMG_0795.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0797.jpg
    IMG_0797.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 121

Zipadeelady

Your pictures aren't blurry at all when I click on them. After you attach your pictures click insert and make them full image instead of thumbnail then they'll be easy to see and not blurry.

I hope it was a great trip and can't wait to hear about it!

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
Our room wasn't ready yet but that was okay because we had brunch plans at Olivia's. S (hubby) is a traditionalist and got the eggs and bacon while I had the French Toast. The portion was huge but the part I ate was delicious! So was the mimosa!
s
(I thought I took a picture of that sign but alas, I can't find it now).
IMG_0801.jpg
IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0804.jpg

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
So glad you are all here! @riverside I will eat French Toast anywhere, anytime...in fact, I made some yesterday!

After our yummy brunch, our room still wasn't ready (totally okay with us) so we boarded the bus and headed to Disney Springs (yes, on a Saturday, we are crazy). I don't think I got any pictures of that visit to Disney Springs. We wandered in the World of Disney for a long while and then headed to the Christmas shop. I was going to buy glitter ornaments of certain princesses for a couple of little girls I tutor back home....but they were out of six of the princesses they usually stock, including the coveted and ever-popular Elsa! :arghh: :arghh: :(:(:mad:

We then walked to the ART OF DISNEY and spotted:
IMG_0827.jpg
IMG_0825.jpg
IMG_0824.jpg

LARRY DOTSON!!!!!!!!!! My family LOVES his watercolors. We have several of his prints, including ones of fireworks over Epcot and MK! How artists draw fireworks and icicle lights like that blows me away...it's so incredible, his attention to detail.

He now has the Disney Resorts as individual paintings and of course, I bought our home resort: Animal Kingdom Kidani and since S doesn't read this, I can tell you I bought the Aulani print, too. Larry was really nice and lovely and chatted with me for a long time. He signed each print and dated them for the year we went (Aulani 2017) and Animal Kingdom--2020--the year we bought in. I will try to add those pictures tomorrow.

It appears Larry is only doing signings at Art of Disney in Disney Springs now---he used to be in Epcot but he said Disney moved him around a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom