Rumor Flight of Passage foundation cracks?

DisneyInsider101

"Paint the night is coming to WDW this summer" -Bob iger

Rescue Ranger

When I was there a couple weeks ago, it was very upsetting and discouraging to see numerous water features not working and already lots of surface damage to many of the fixtures of Pandora. I loved it but it just bothers me to see anything not working or showing damage because I've come to expect(in years past anyway) perfection for everything in WDW).

And I never once saw the foot prints effect anywhere. However, maybe that was just concept videos and it never was implemented?

Castle Cake Apologist

When I was there a couple weeks ago, it was very upsetting and discouraging to see numerous water features not working and already lots of surface damage to many of the fixtures of Pandora. I loved it but it just bothers me to see anything not working or showing damage because I've come to expect(in years past anyway) perfection for everything in WDW).

And I never once saw the foot prints effect anywhere. However, maybe that was just concept videos and it never was implemented?

If you're referring to the paths lighting up as you walk on them, that effect was never implemented. The bioluminescent pathways are done via blacklights hidden in the foilage.

What water features have been shut off?

Rescue Ranger

If you're referring to the paths lighting up as you walk on them, that effect was never implemented. The bioluminescent pathways are done via blacklights hidden in the foilage.

What water features have been shut off?
Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know because I was looking for them when I walked at night.

Maybe I just hit Pandora on an off day, but the waterfall coming down from the floating mountain was off. The water that flows through another area which can be seen in queue waiting in line for River Journey was off.

Bad week for water features. Even at MK, waterfalls in Jungle Cruise, around Beasts Castle and all of the waterfalls at Little Mermaid, were also not working.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know because I was looking for them when I walked at night.

Maybe I just hit Pandora on an off day, but the waterfall coming down from the floating mountain was off. The water that flows through another area which can be seen in queue waiting in line for River Journey was off.

Bad week for water features. Even at MK, waterfalls in Jungle Cruise and around Beasts Castle, and another area I can't remember right now, were also not working.

Wow, that's really unfortunate to hear... especially across multiple parks. Is Orlando currently under drought conditions? That may play into it.

To my knowledge, none of the water features in Pandora have been shut off permanently, so it may have just been an off day. I believe that some of the waterfalls on the floating mountains are turned off on windy days because guests were getting wet, but I don't know for sure if that's true.

TeriofTerror

A CM friend of mine told me about a week ago that FoP would be down much of March to address some ongoing issues. I've failed to mention it because:
1. I have no way to verify the information.
2. He doesn't work at DAK and heard about it second-hand through some CM friends.
I normally wouldn't post anything so unsubstantiated, but it at least seemed pertinent to the discussion. Take it for the extremely little it is worth. ☺

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A CM friend of mine told me about a week ago that FoP would be down much of March to address some ongoing issues. I've failed to mention it because:
1. I have no way to verify the information.
2. He doesn't work at DAK and heard about it second-hand through some CM friends.
I normally wouldn't post anything so unsubstantiated, but it at least seemed pertinent to the discussion. Take it for the extremely little it is worth. ☺

3. Tons of people already have FoP FPs for March.

mitchk

Funny you say that. I was there in December. So of course I took videos, and I was just telling my wife yesterday, I’m so glad that I got a video of all the waterfalls working, because in a year, half of them won’t be functioning ;)

DisneyDebRob

Wow, that's really unfortunate to hear... especially across multiple parks. Is Orlando currently under drought conditions? That may play into it.

To my knowledge, none of the water features in Pandora have been shut off permanently, so it may have just been an off day. I believe that some of the waterfalls on the floating mountains are turned off on windy days because guests were getting wet, but I don't know for sure if that's true.
Let’s also not forget that all the waterfalls aren’t real. Maybe the illusion was malfunctioning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom