Flamingo Crossing Retail Center

Tom Morrow

Ten years ago, the land directly west of WDW property was completely rural and barren. Now it's a sea of subdivisions and they just keep adding more. There's sort of a need for this Target but there's also a Target and big shopping complex just like this directly two miles south. The entire Orlando area is oversaturated with these big shopping complexes and I kind of wish this project was not happening. Though I suppose they did sit on it for a long time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Where do we think the target is on this?

I am thinking that it is not on this plan. The largest building there is EE which is 28,000 square feet. A fully sized Target is in the 130,000 range. Target's new small format stores average around 40,000 so this is small even for one of those.

JUFL2019

I am thinking that it is not on this plan. The largest building there is EE which is 28,000 square feet. A fully sized Target is in the 130,000 range. Target's new small format stores average around 40,000 so this is small even for one of those.
Wonder if they will build a multi-level like some of their urban stores?

mwf5555

Ten years ago, the land directly west of WDW property was completely rural and barren. Now it's a sea of subdivisions and they just keep adding more. There's sort of a need for this Target but there's also a Target and big shopping complex just like this directly two miles south. The entire Orlando area is oversaturated with these big shopping complexes and I kind of wish this project was not happening. Though I suppose they did sit on it for a long time.
based on the parking it does not appear to be over saturated in the area...

Tom Morrow

And if he would actually visit any of these "big shopping centers" he would know that they are completely over populated and in need of relief.
I live right by them and go to them all the time. The Target on 192 near 429 is never packed. There definitely doesn't need to be another one mile away.

Also if YOU actually knew the Orlando area you would know that there are tons, and TONS of these shopping centers everywhere. There is one just North of the Magic Kingdom. One just south of DAK. 192 is one giant shopping center. There's Crossroads by Disney Springs. There's another one by the Orlando Premium Outlets near CP housing. The Premium Outlets themselves, of which there are two of. Another one at the Walmart in Kissimme. Another at the Walmart on Turkey Lake (closer to Universal). There's The Loop in Kissimmee. Winter Garden Village a few miles north of WDW. The list goes on and on and on.

The entire area is completely filled to the brim with shopping districts. Another one isn't going to fail but we certainly don't NEED it.

Last edited:

JUFL2019

I live right by them and go to them all the time. The Target on 192 near 429 is never packed. There definitely doesn't need to be another one mile away.

Also if YOU actually knew the Orlando area you would know that there are tons, and TONS of these shopping centers everywhere. There is one just North of the Magic Kingdom. One just south of DAK. 192 is one giant shopping center. There's Crossroads by Disney Springs. There's another one by the Orlando Premium Outlets near CP housing. The Premium Outlets themselves, of which there are two of. Another one at the Walmart in Kissimme. Another at the Walmart on Turkey Lake (closer to Universal). There's The Loop in Kissimmee. Winter Garden Village a few miles north of WDW. The list goes on and on and on.

The entire area is completely filled to the brim with shopping districts. Another one isn't going to fail but we certainly don't NEED it.

Crossroads is being demolished, CP housing is moving, The one "Just north"(winter garden) is Slammed 7 days a week and struggles to keep inventory normal. Locals don't go to outlets. Horizon West is EXPLODING with homes, and this is in the area it would serve.

60,000 homes need a bit more than a few shopping centers 30-40 minutes away. Step off.

shernernum

Crossroads is being demolished, CP housing is moving, The one "Just north"(winter garden) is Slammed 7 days a week and struggles to keep inventory normal. Locals don't go to outlets. Horizon West is EXPLODING with homes, and this is in the area it would serve.

60,000 homes need a bit more than a few shopping centers 30-40 minutes away. Step off.

I refuse to go to the Walmart's for groceries on 192 when I come down to WDW anymore (yes I realize this is not on the same side of property), because they were crowded nightmares every time I've gone in to them at a scale I've never seen at a big box store before. My new go to is the Celebration Publix, because even though it's smaller and probably a little more expensive, I can find a cart and a parking spot, and actually get down the aisles. It is obvious that while there are large shopping areas all around, the number of big box stores is still tremendously insufficient for the demand right now.

Tom Morrow

I didn’t even list all the shopping centers in the immediate area. They’re all ~15 minutes away, not 40. They’re never slammed unless you’re dumb enough to go to Walmart.

To be honest the new CP housing is probably the primary reason for this new Target and it actually does make a lot of sense for that reason alone though.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, October 6, 2019. This construction is on the north side of Flagler Avenue, west of Flamingo Crossings Blvd. I was led to believe this was a retail area, but now that these buildings are several stories high, it appears to be housing.

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

Towards the end, where Flagler Avenue makes a left curve, this building appears to be a hotel with balconies. The building on the left appears to be a parking garage.

IMG_2437.JPG

HauntedMansionFLA

Aren’t they building a Disney Springs 2.0 for that area?

Steph15251

Yup they keep on building homes and apartments but imo Orlando area needs more schools than shopping centers.

Edited for mistake

Last edited:

ryguy

pretty amazing how north and west of Disney has taken off the last 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom