FL Resident Ticket Clarification

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Since i've seen this misconception come up on numerous Disney fansites - and I don't want any of my beloved WDWmagic friends to end up at the gates without a ticket....

FL Resident Tickets are for FL residents only and may not be purchased as gifts for non-residents. FL ID is required at the time of ticket pick-up and the ID's information will be encoded and printed onto the ticket. One ID is required for every FL resident ticket. These tickets are nontransferable - if at any time the ticket is attempted to be used by a non-FL-resident, the ticket will be revoked, and the ticket itself will be researched, meaning an FL resident AP Holder who purchases the ticket for a non-FL-Resident friends and does the swap before the gate is risking losing their AP and being denied entry to WDW.

In short - FL resident tickets are for FL residents only.

(Since someone will ask - Children's tickets require an adult to accompany with FL resident ID.)

krazyjon

Mousermerf is right. I have heard many people who have budgeted their plans around "grandma who live in Florida" buying them Florida resident passes. I can tell you they do enforce this one.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I've also been asked to produce ID's for my DD and her travel mates which were 14-15 at the time.

One time entering EPCOT, my nephew's biometric scan didn't match-up for whatever reason and the silly CM gave me a had time because he didn't have an ID. She didn't want to let him in...HELLO...HE WAS LIKE 9 AT THE TIME!!!! That's when I decided I would get my DD her state ID card (she was about 13 at the time).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Sometimes I just don't understand where the misconception in these sorts of things come in...

I think I make two assumptions that some people don't:

Disney makes the policy - it is non-neogitable.

The policy will benefit Disney.

wannabeBelle

mousermerf said:
Sometimes I just don't understand where the misconception in these sorts of things come in...

I think I make two assumptions that some people don't:

Disney makes the policy - it is non-neogitable.

The policy will benefit Disney.
I agree!!! I just think that some people dont realize how strictly ( rightfully so) that Disney enforces this policy. It is a good idea to publicize it!!! Good job!!! Belle

the goofster

Hi,

Does anyone know if the same holds true for universal? I'm going to the halloween hroror nights with two freinds from out-of-state. On their website, they say resident's can buy up to four tickets per fla. state resident discount...

Help! Don't want to buy them to find out later they need Fla ID.

Thanks a lot,

-the goofus

C-Gar

goofster

At http://www.ioacentral.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7858 , jek posted that tickets ordered by phone from Universal w/FL discount and received by mail didn't have a FL resident notation on them. So call Universal's # 407-363-8000, prompt 1 for English, prompt 6 for special events, prompt 1 for HHN, prompt 1 for tickets. Ask an operator if you need to bring ID for FL tickets purchased thru them and they should say no. Tickets may have to be billed and mailed to a FL address only and there's only a $2 service fee for the whole order. Don't know about purchasing tickets any other way--the online ordering links weren't working well anyway. PS: Per 2005 HHN Fact Sheet downloaded from http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=62758 Express Pass includes Shrek 4-D, Revenge of the Mummy, Twister, and Jimmy Neurton's Nicktoon Blast at USF. Happy Haunting!

MissM

Any Florida resident only ticket requires your DL or State ID. They even swipe it these days to get the data off of it. (I know, I was just there Saturday.)

If you don't have a florida phoot id, they will not under any circumstances give you the FL resident rate. (I know because in July our friend went with us and left his wallet at home. We had to pay the $35 for park-hopping. Thankfully, the Guest Services on Main Street accepted the registration in his car and his busch gardens card as proof enough to refund back the difference.)

They print your name on the back of the ticket as well.
-m

SpongeScott

so, for my 15 and 13 year old, should I get them a Florida ID card? And if so, where is the easiest place to do that? Or can they use their school ID cards?

DDuckFan130

SpongeScott said:
so, for my 15 and 13 year old, should I get them a Florida ID card? And if so, where is the easiest place to do that? Or can they use their school ID cards?
School ID cards worked for my brother and sister.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom