News Fix the Haunted Mansion Intro Timer

tirian

Original Poster
I’m at the Magic Kingdom, and the Haunted Mansion’s intro audio is completely off-sync. This has been true for three rides since Sunday. The “When hinges creak...” audio is barely audible, the “Welcome, foolish mortals” cue plays almost directly on top of it, and the room begins stretching BEFORE guests have loaded into it.

This was not a one-off mistake by a new cast member. I’ve seen this happen three times since Sunday, and it’s probably happening for every single cycle. If the CMs are causing the problem, management needs to step in and fix this ASAP.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I’m at the Magic Kingdom, and the Haunted Mansion’s intro audio is completely off-sync. This has been true for three rides since Sunday. The “When hinges creak...” audio is barely audible, the “Welcome, foolish mortals” cue plays almost directly on top of it, and the room begins stretching BEFORE guests have loaded into it.

This was not a one-off mistake by a new cast member. I’ve seen this happen three times since Sunday, and it’s probably happening for every single cycle. If the CMs are causing the problem, management needs to step in and fix this ASAP.

They're the problem!

yensidtlaw1969

A few years back the Stretch Room animation was automated, and as a result frequently starts before the door has slid shut. For several years now I've had to make an effort to be first to go in the doors to the foyer if I want to her "When Hinges Creak . . ." from the beginning - and similarly attentive to which Stretch Room would be opening to get to hear its full spiel. Everything is right on top of each other -- and not only that, but they shortened the hangman and blackout sequence too.

I'm sure it manages to keep the Load Hall a little more readily filled, but the negative impact on the show is palpable and the ride doesn't actually load any faster than it always has, so it seems like this is ultimately for naught. Maybe the margin is up slightly from the removal of potential cast member error, but I wouldn't call it worth it when it basically ensures that guests will never get the complete show.

Last edited:

HMFan999

Everything I wanted to say has already been said, but I want to join in expressing my displeasure. I've also noticed that the cast seem to be less... "into" their role than they were in the past. I've always felt that the HM is a role that should be earned through audition. It takes a certain talent to pull it off well and a good CM in that position can really make or break the experience.

rodserling27

Yep, it's been bad for a few years. Almost every time I go on HM, they definitely cram everyone into the stretching room long after the narration has started. Like some said up top, I also cannot ever hear the "When hinges creak" narration unless I'm the first person to walk in. The changing portrait effect is completely lost on everyone. I can't stand how the crowd bottlenecks immediately after the stretching room as well.

By the way....Two other attractions that suffer this sort of stuff are Dinosaur and RRC..except it's the opposite! They don't get enough people into the pre-shows fast enough, especially with Dinosaur. By the time both are over, there are people still coming in sometimes! Bad show!!

ToTBellHop

Yep, it's been bad for a few years. Almost every time I go on HM, they definitely cram everyone into the stretching room long after the narration has started. Like some said up top, I also cannot ever hear the "When hinges creak" narration unless I'm the first person to walk in. The changing portrait effect is completely lost on everyone. I can't stand how the crowd bottlenecks immediately after the stretching room as well.

By the way....Two other attractions that suffer this sort of stuff are Dinosaur and RRC..except it's the opposite! They don't get enough people into the pre-shows fast enough, especially with Dinosaur. By the time both are over, there are people still coming in sometimes! Bad show!!
Indeed. And it's silly. WDI planned pre-show rooms to hold the correct number of guests to maintain a steady flow onto ride vehicles. Is this simply an issue that the average guest is now larger so they need to cut the pre-show time to ensure steady guest flow?

JohnD

I don't think it's a mistake but WDW trying to move guests along faster to the omnimovers. Not saying it's right. . .

mikejs78

Premium Member
The other thing this does is upset the timing of guests entering the queue after the stretching room. It is so much more crowded than it used to be. My DW commented that, with the darkness and the mass of people crushing together, that it was the only time at MK that she felt unsafe in regards to keeping track of our kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom