Five Worst Attractions at the Magic Kingdom

Chef Mickey

6' 6", athletic build for a middle-aged guy. That puts me in the 99th percentile of height for American men.

The two main problems with the light cycle for me:
  • The length of my shin. It JUST fit between where my thigh presses on the vehicle and the rear wheel.
  • The length of my torso. Where most people are pictured resting their chest, that's more or less in my solar plexus.
I'm sure Disney sizes attractions to the 95th percentile just like automobile manufacturers, airlines, etc. Not a complaint, just a reality of life for someone my size.
Maybe even higher than 99%. I'm 6'3" and I'm almost always the tallest person in a room, ride, attraction at Disney, etc. I was asking bc I feel like I just barely fit comfortably an I totally get the torso thing.

Chef Mickey

I keep hearing people saying it's because American's are fat. It's not that, they lifted it from an Asian park, and it's just reality. American's are just larger boned, taller, bigger.... some are fat, but that's the wrong reason.
In general, Americans are fat/overweight at a drastically higher level than Japanese, as one example. That's undeniable.

Anyone under about 6'3 can easily ride comfortably. The issue is, most people (over 50%) are obese and/or so unathletic, they can't get on a vehicle like Tron. That's why it takes ages to load the attraction.

DW Aficionado

Original Poster
In general, Americans are fat/overweight at a drastically higher level than Japanese, as one example. That's undeniable.

Anyone under about 6'3 can easily ride comfortably. The issue is, most people (over 50%) are obese and/or so unathletic, they can't get on a vehicle like Tron. That's why it takes ages to load the attraction.
They really should have thought about that.... not a comment about people, just reality

_CJ

My 5 least adored attractions
1. Vomit Cups
2. Small World. Please never again. Thank you. I’m pretty sure they use this song to get information out of the enemy.
3. Stairs up a tree. So. many. stairs. But very well thought out and interesting. The one thing I didn’t need on my 10-mile marching all over the park day was more exercise.
4. Carousel of Depressing Weird Felted robots… but it’s a nice cool off and break from the sun where I can catch a quick snooze and I also like the song, so it’s not the torturous misery that is #2
5. Carpet Dumbo. Where’s the climbing structure with air-conditioned seating for parents while we wait for the ride that elephant dumbo has?

bwr827

1. Tomorrowland Speedway
2. Peter Pan — because of the stark contrast between its wait time and quaint, outdated experience
3. Space Mountain — because my back still hurts
4. Small World — hum the song or the dolls will get you while you sleep
5. Astro Orbiter — not gonna catch me being the guy who finally plummets from up high (kidding, I’m sure Disney keeps it safe)

Trueblood

Maybe even higher than 99%. I'm 6'3" and I'm almost always the tallest person in a room, ride, attraction at Disney, etc. I was asking bc I feel like I just barely fit comfortably an I totally get the torso thing.

According to this calculator, I guess I'm more accurately taller than 99.96% of American males. I imagine Disney targets a range from 5' 5" to 6", anything outside of that range is a bonus.

Again, not complaining. My size is my problem, not Disney's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom