Five Worst Attractions at the Magic Kingdom

KaliSplash

Worst attractions? mmmm.
I don't know that worst is the correct term, but here are 5 i don't go out of my way to see.
1. Astro Orbiter
3. Dumbo
3. Story Time with Belle
4. Peter Pan
5. Swiss Family Treehouse

Marc Davis Fan

1. Magic Carpets of Aladdin. This single-handedly ruins the immersion of Adventureland, and turns it into an amusement park land - an absolute embarrassment for the most visited theme park created by a company that built its reputation on immersion. The main reason I'm hoping for a Moana attraction is the chance it might result in an Adventureland redevelopment that includes Aladdin's removal. I just cannot believe this still exists.
  2. Honestly, nothing else even comes close to Magic Carpets of Aladdin in being a massive net negative to the entire park, so I'm not even going to bother adding anything else to the list.

NickMaio

1. Magic Carpets of Aladdin. This single-handedly ruins the immersion of Adventureland, and turns it into an amusement park land - an absolute embarrassment for the most visited theme park created by a company that built its reputation on immersion. The main reason I'm hoping for a Moana attraction is the chance it might result in an Adventureland redevelopment that includes Aladdin's removal. I just cannot believe this still exists.
  2. Honestly, nothing else even comes close to Magic Carpets of Aladdin in being a massive net negative to the entire park, so I'm not even going to bother adding anything else to the list.
Do they still squeak and creak when the carpets go up and down......

That was aweful

Chef Mickey

Not considering character meet-n-greets and parades:
  1. Tron Lightcycle Run. I'm tall enough that I don't fit on the cycles well, and they're uncomfortable.
  2. Tomorrowland Speedway. Loud, smelly, the cars don't really steer as much as they bump along a rail.
  3. Journey of the Little Mermaid. Mostly low-tier animatronics in spaces that are strangely unfinished.
  4. It's a small world. A message of friendship and togetherness to unite humanity, in FANTASYland.
  5. Liberty Square Riverboat. A peaceful riverboat ride ruined by annoying narration.
How tall are you?

Ztonyg

I have a 5 year old and a 6 year old daughter and they love the Speedway.

If I was making a "worst" list I'd probably put:

1.) Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
2.) Astro Orbiters or Aladdin (Dumbo is the best in that category)
3.) Mad Tea Party (although my 5 year old loves it)
4.) Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (I'm a 90s kid who absolutely loved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Winnie the Pooh just isn't that great)

Ghost93

I don't really dislike any of the attractions, but the most skippable would be:

1. Aladdin flying carpets (Aladdin deserves an E-ticket, not this cheap attraction)
2. Mad Tea Party (can make you nauseous)
3. Dumbo (fine, but not up to standards of classic attractions)
4. The Stich attraction
5. Seven Dwarves Mine Train (way too short, should tell a more complete story)

TimeDuck

1) Tomorrowland Speedway
2) Tomorrowland Speedway
3) The bloated rotting corpse of Stitch's Great Escape
4) Tomorrowland Speedway
5) Tomorrowland Speedway

No further questions at this time.

bwr827

1) Tomorrowland Speedway
2) Tomorrowland Speedway
3) The bloated rotting corpse of Stitch's Great Escape
4) Tomorrowland Speedway
5) Tomorrowland Speedway

No further questions at this time.
Speedway should go. Most cities in America (I’m assuming) have better go-kart tracks where the kids can actually steer and drive without constantly hitting a rail.

Brer Panther

Most of the rides I don't care for I just don't do. But my family likes the Little Mermaid ride, so I always wind up doing that one. It's pretty weak.

Can I say that Tiana's Bayou Adventure is one of the worst rides if I haven't actually been on it? I mean, I went on Splash Mountain multiple times, so technically I have been on it, but now that I know how it turned out... yeesh.

Ghost93

Can I say that Tiana's Bayou Adventure is one of the worst rides if I haven't actually been on it? I mean, I went on Splash Mountain multiple times, so technically I have been on it, but now that I know how it turned out... yeesh.
Tiana's Bayou Adventure is one of the biggest disappointments considering the potential it had (could have been the best ride in Magic Kingdom), but objectively it's okay in and of itself. I think it still is superior to many of the rides at Magic Kingdom due to the scenery and animatronics alone. It's a decent 7/10 attraction, but it should have been a 10/10.

Trueblood

How tall are you?

6' 6", athletic build for a middle-aged guy. That puts me in the 99th percentile of height for American men.

The two main problems with the light cycle for me:
  • The length of my shin. It JUST fit between where my thigh presses on the vehicle and the rear wheel.
  • The length of my torso. Where most people are pictured resting their chest, that's more or less in my solar plexus.
I'm sure Disney sizes attractions to the 95th percentile just like automobile manufacturers, airlines, etc. Not a complaint, just a reality of life for someone my size.

DW Aficionado

Original Poster
6' 6", athletic build for a middle-aged guy. That puts me in the 99th percentile of height for American men.

The two main problems with the light cycle for me:
  • The length of my shin. It JUST fit between where my thigh presses on the vehicle and the rear wheel.
  • The length of my torso. Where most people are pictured resting their chest, that's more or less in my solar plexus.
I'm sure Disney sizes attractions to the 95th percentile just like automobile manufacturers, airlines, etc. Not a complaint, just a reality of life for someone my size.
I keep hearing people saying it's because American's are fat. It's not that, they lifted it from an Asian park, and it's just reality. American's are just larger boned, taller, bigger.... some are fat, but that's the wrong reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom