Fit2Run running superstore coming to Downtown Disney West Side this fall

JimboJones123

Allow me to be the first to say

BRILLIANT!!!

Fit2Run has a HUGE RunDisney footprint.

It was almost half of the Expo last weekend for the ToT 10 miler.

Since every race excepy the 5k for the Princess weekend is sold out and has been for weeks, Disney understands that this is a heavily affluent market that has grown incredibly the past 7-8 years.

They are going to have to add at least one more event on each coast within the next 2 years.

This is way cool.

nytimez

Allow me to be the first to say

BRILLIANT!!!

Fit2Run has a HUGE RunDisney footprint.

It was almost half of the Expo last weekend for the ToT 10 miler.

Since every race excepy the 5k for the Princess weekend is sold out and has been for weeks, Disney understands that this is a heavily affluent market that has grown incredibly the past 7-8 years.

They are going to have to add at least one more event on each coast within the next 2 years.

This is way cool.

...trouble is the 355 or so days a year when they don't have race events the parks are full of people who are... well... is there a nice way to say it? A Fit2XXL store might be a better "fit."

Bolt

So Disney announces 1 new store in DTD, what about all the others?? Or are there any??

To be fair - this plan was already in motion since the Splitsville complex started two years ago, before they announced Disney Springs.

And I agree with Jimbo - I can't believe this wasn't already here. runDisney is HUGE coupled with the fact that Disney has already started to create their own running shows with their New Balance partnership.

jensenrick

To be fair - this plan was already in motion since the Splitsville complex started two years ago, before they announced Disney Springs.

And I agree with Jimbo - I can't believe this wasn't already here. runDisney is HUGE coupled with the fact that Disney has already started to create their own running shows with their New Balance partnership.

So, just to clarify, this is NOT to be considered a new Disney Springs tenant?
I thought we'd finally seen one- rarer than bigfoot they are.

Bolt

So, just to clarify, this is NOT to be considered a new Disney Springs tenant?
I thought we'd finally seen one- rarer than bigfoot they are.
I'd assume not and they aren't rarer than bigfoot. They are building the buildings. Once they are done, they will put stores in them.

mattdenine

I have to agree that it's not the most exciting news however as a runner I'm always interested in seeing the latest sneakers etc so I'll stop in during my next trip for sure.

pixargal

I don't think I'd buy my running shoes from this store, but, I would be interested in some good looking Disney running clothes and accessories.

CDavid

What stores?

That would be the question, wouldn't it?

I don't know - I keep thinking that surely Disney couldn't leave rows of empty storefronts in an expanded Disney Springs, if they can't get enough willing tenants, and that "they" (meaning Disney) would literally have to put their own shops into the vacant buildings. On the leasing front, things must be surely going better than they appear. Then I remember the lesson of Pleasure Island.

If they did it right, I'd much prefer to have Disney owned establishments in those stores (shades of the old Village Marketplace), but that's not what they have in mind.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That would be the question, wouldn't it?

I don't know - I keep thinking that surely Disney couldn't leave rows of empty storefronts in an expanded Disney Springs, if they can't get enough willing tenants, and that "they" (meaning Disney) would literally have to put their own shops into the vacant buildings. On the leasing front, things must be surely going better than they appear. Then I remember the lesson of Pleasure Island.

If they did it right, I'd much prefer to have Disney owned establishments in those stores (shades of the old Village Marketplace), but that's not what they have in mind.

Well, they haven't built the store fronts just yet. Plenty of time for scaling back.

TP2000

This is good news. Disney needs to associate itself with people who are fit and healthy, rather than folks who are morbidly obese and seem to populate their parks more and more.

Amateur runners and joggers are exactly the type of customer demographic Disney needs to go after, and align itself with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom