Fishing Excursions?

accord99cutie

Premium Member
My hubby is a fishing fanatic, he is really interested in doing one of the Bass fishing excursions. Has anyone done any of them before? Which location do u suggest to go from? We are gonna call tonight or tomorrow to book one. This will be a solo outing for him, so any suggestions??

sweetpee_1993

My hubby is a big bass fisherman, too. He has taken our boys on the guided fishing trips 3 times, once from the Wilderness Lodge and twice from the Contemporary. All 3 trips were early. They had to be there at 6:45 for the 7:00 reservation. The guys just love the fishing. The guides are great. They do as little or as much as you want them to. The guide offered to help the boys so the hubby could fish a little but, of course, he declined because he enjoys seeing the kids have so much fun. On all 3 trips they caught lots of fish. I remember after the 1st time hubby made a comment that the way they caught fish 1 right after the other continuously was like "magic". I just laughed. Duh. It's Disney! LOL!

When booking the fishing my hubby looks at the moon phases and Farmer's Almanac to find the most optimal day during our stay and gets the earliest slot. He seems to prefer the Contemporary and highly recommends his favorite guide, Rick.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if he'll still want to book fishing excursions on vacation now that he has his own bass boat at home. Hhmmm.... :shrug:

Upvote 0

DizneePhan14

I did a fishing excursion and I went out of the Contemporary and fished in Bay Lake in front of the Magic Kingdom. The fishing was great and I caught a lot of fish, I would recommend fishing on Bay Lake.

Upvote 0
I went on one last October with my DH and DS. We did the 7:00am. It took a little while for the fish to wake up, but we had a great time. I was simply along to take photos. Both caught some nice sized bass and they fished right near the WL and CR. When we docked at the Wilderness Campgrounds to pay, my DS even caught one out of the back of the boat. We would definitely do it again.

Upvote 0

jenlar

We did the excursion on the lakes of Epcot. It was *tons* of fun! Like others said, it happens very early in the morning but that is really the only drawback. My family has plenty of bass fishing experience, but even so... there's nothing like having a Pro aong on your fishing trip. She was very helpful (baited hooks, unhooked fish, casted the poles... til we said that we knew how to do it ourselves haha) so even complete bass fishing n00bs will have a great time.

Another incredible experience... being in Epcot before open. Surreal!

Upvote 0

Patsfan28

We love fishing at Disney. Even though my wife and I are passholders we always book a Premium Package so the fishing is included. The best part about it is they will let you have a max of 5 people on the boat to fish so we always invite our friends up to go. We enjoy fishing out of Contemporary or WL. The best 2 guides we have ever had are J.R and Rich. Rich is GREAT with kids. We have probably done 20+ fishing excursions and between the 5 of us have never caught less than 20 total fish.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom