First winners of the 'Suite Dreams' announced

napnet

Original Poster
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., Jan. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- A Michigan family has made history as the first Walt Disney World guests to win a night's stay inside Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom Park as part of the unique Disney Dreams Giveaway. The Fouch (pronounced like "couch") family of DeWitt, a small town near state capital Lansing, gained the key to the brand new Cinderella Castle Suite Thursday during "The Year of a Million Dreams," a Disney spectacular celebrating the dreams of guests at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California.

Jim and Lisa Fouch and their children, Brad and Hannah, were to spend Thursday night in the regal dwelling place - the world's most exclusive resort, with only one room available and no reservations accepted - through the Disney Dreams Giveaway, which awards extra-special dreams through a totally random process. Now, nearly every night for the remainder of 2007, another eligible lucky guest will win a similar stay.

Like the Fouch family, they'll be honored in a special ceremony, dine at Cinderella's Royal Table restaurant, and bed down for the night amid the splendor of Cinderella Castle Suite some four stories above the surrounding Magic Kingdom - a salon, bedchamber and bathroom off of a private marble- floored foyer, all replete with rich details. The Suite was created from unused space within the Magic Kingdom landmark once envisioned as in-park living quarters for members of the Disney family.

The Fouches became the recipients of the opportunity to become honorary Disney royalty for a day and night because 16-year-old Brad Fouch was sitting in seat eight in the second row of Simulator 4 of the Disney-MGM Studios' Star Tours attraction at 9:50 a.m. Thursday. That was the randomly selected location and time determined by the Disney Dreams Giveaway computer to award the Cinderella Castle stay.

"I was thinking I had the bad seat because I was sitting on the end,"
Brad said.

"It's like a dream," Lisa exclaimed.

Hannah added, "This is a dream come true!"

And indeed, for Hannah, who was celebrating her eighth birthday Thursday, it was. Before the vacation to Walt Disney World Resort, she had seen a Disney commercial in which Cinderella dances with a little "princess" and told her mom, "That's what I want to do!"

Winning the night in Cinderella Castle Suite marked the second bit of good fortune Thursday for the Fouch family. As they entered Star Tours, they won Dream FASTPASS badges that would allow them to bypass standby queues at a variety of Disney-MGM Studios attractions and shows during the day.

"I never win anything!" Lisa Fouch said afterward.

"Mom, you can never say that again," Brad responded.

The Fouch family's historic dream-come-true capped a 24-hour period at Walt Disney World Resort that also featured the premiere of Nemo, the world's favorite clownfish, in a brand-new theatrical spectacular and the official opening of an attraction starring the cast of marine critters that enchanted audiences in the Disney-Pixar animated film "Finding Nemo."

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070125/clth167.html?.v=3

Cynderella

:fork: :mad: Wow I could not be anymore Jealous!! I couldn't believe how random the selection was as far as location. I thought they'd only pick people in MK. Apparently not. Pretty crazy!

slappy magoo

OK, look, I know that the contest is on the straight up and up, and there's no chance to futz around with it and influence who wins and who doesn't.

But the first time the suite is awarded to someone, it's a small-town nuclear family, husband, wife, son AND daughter? AND it's the daughter's birthday today? AND her birthday wish was be with Cinderella?

Let's just say, they probably couldn't choose a more stereotypically American famiy.

askmike1

Does that mean every day will be a site determined by a computer?
Yes, every prize being given in the YoaMD is determined exactly by a computer. They have the exact placement determined (even if two people walk someplace at the same time, it will determine whether to give it to the person on the left or the right).

Eyorefan

How cool is that! :sohappy:

It's fun to really see how the selection takes place.

I agree with the above poster though, I hope someone gets to win this even if they don't have 2.5 kids, a white picket fence and a dog.:rolleyes:

MickeyTigg

OK, look, I know that the contest is on the straight up and up, and there's no chance to futz around with it and influence who wins and who doesn't.

But the first time the suite is awarded to someone, it's a small-town nuclear family, husband, wife, son AND daughter? AND it's the daughter's birthday today? AND her birthday wish was be with Cinderella?

Let's just say, they probably couldn't choose a more stereotypically American famiy.

Yeah....what coincidence that all that happened isn't it?

:lookaroun

sittle

Coincidence??

Yeah, it's a real coincidence. All these people that win the big mothering prizes, are totally Mr. & Mrs. John Smith with little Janie and Johnny Jr, from the middle of nowhere in America. The people who won the park to themselves, the people who won the free return trip, all totally nuclear wonderbread families!

I guess it's just sour grapes for dinner for me tonight... me and my wife, and one dog. Oh well, I'm going in 30 more days, and I really hope to be lucky enough to be the first non-nuclear family to win.... and Canadian.

I hope Tuna Tom wins... that would be the best ever!!!

Enderikari

The Fouches became the recipients of the opportunity to become honorary Disney royalty for a day and night because 16-year-old Brad Fouch was sitting in seat eight in the second row of Simulator 4 of the Disney-MGM Studios' Star Tours attraction at 9:50 a.m. Thursday. That was the randomly selected location and time determined by the Disney Dreams Giveaway computer to award the Cinderella Castle stay.

The prize was technically awarded to the 16 year old (or his legal guardians considering the age of the child). Any person sitting in that seat would have won, be it a four year old with her big brother, or a wanted serial killer. I will get real tired of hearing all this "woe is me, I'll never get picked" grousing, because it simply isn't true. The person with themselves and their cats has just a good a chance as the person who is the standard family with 2.5 kids. Disney cannot... SIMPLY CANNOT give the prize to whomever looks the best for the cameras... Otherwise you would have lawsuits and fines that look really bad to stockholders...

The prize is awarded to one person, sitting or standing in the right spot at the right time... They simply get to choose up to 5 people to stay with them. (or not, if they so choose it)

2excitedkids

i will be leaving next friday for an 8 day stay, i will make sure that i post a trip report about the room when my perfect family, dh, dd3 and ds6 win, but we don't have a picket fence so does that rule me out? we do live in the smallest town possible in nc though - hey the odds are with me:p

gjpjtj

Guess it's time to have a couple of kids, I've got mine, hope I'm the small town family that wins for a night in February. My daughter likes Cinderella too.:lol:

DisneyWales

Well

Not that i wanna dampen the mood here, its great for peeps to win, and im not really that bothered anymore about winning anything, ive been like 10 times and not one anything.

But lets all be real here if i won it would be more.

UK Couple Kieran Miller (24) and his Boyfriend (32) were the first couple to win a dream come true night in the Castle at the Magic Kingdom. It was always Kierans Dream to be Cinderella, and now it has come true.

Lets see Disney spin that into a Family dreams come true advert.

While I have no doubt that the majority of pirzes are given out at random, i can bet you that major prizes are controlled.

Even game shows have controls in them to ensure that the right kind of person wins, or to stop certain people from winning.

I know this for a fact as I work in TV and spent two years on a major TV game show.

I cant name the show as ive signed papers saying i cant give away secrects. That being the main one.

Anyway Congrats to the family and to any other people who win a fantastic night in the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom