First winners of the 'Suite Dreams' announced

PhotoDave219

But 75 was? :lookaroun :lol:

Well i can't just go off verbaly abusing everyone who proves themselves to be an ignorant donkey screaming conspiracies on an internet message forum.... I enjoy a peanut butter and jelly sandwich much more sometimes. :D :lol:

However, this appears to be a case of a company who actually had their stuff together, unlike where all of us work. Simply because the fact Disney was organized and had everything set to go as soon as the computer spit out the winning time and place, people going to scream conspiracy? Amazing.....

Laura

Premium Member
Well i can't just go off verbaly abusing everyone who proves themselves to be an ignorant donkey screaming conspiracies on an internet message forum.... I enjoy a peanut butter and jelly sandwich much more sometimes. :D :lol:

Pfffft! You can't fool me!

You totally eat your PB&J WHILE you abuse your donkeys! :p

Laura

Premium Member
*Adds 81-88 to irrelevant post list*

(Can we start a new thread about abusing donkeys with peanut butter?)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I Protest!

*Adds 81-88 to irrelevant post list*

(Can we start a new thread about abusing donkeys with peanut butter?)

I want a review of post 74 [I think]! My post was a direct reference to yet another over-discussed conspiracy theory that stands as a social commentary on conspiracy theories generally! And thus, IMO, quite relevant.

*Sticks tongue out*

Rob562

I just find it odd that they've given away two high profile dreams and both families fit the marketing mold.

Maybe I'm wrong...but until someone from Hell's Angels or a childless couple or a gay or lesbian couple win a prize like the DVC Award or the Trip to All the Disney Parks Around the World, I'm not convinced that I am wrong.

How do you know that they haven't given away half a dozen of the major prizes already? But because the winners of those prizes *didn't* fit the "marketing mold" they weren't publicized?

I still believe Disney is following the rules and the laws to the letter, but also that they have control over the release of information regarding the winners.

There are 78 "major" prizes in the contest, not including the castle suite at WDW and the Mickey Mouse suite at Disneyland. (By "major" prizes I'm counting the DVC memberships, cruises, WDW and D'land trips and Adventures by Disney trips). That averages out to be 5.2 major prizes per month (15 months in the contest). So now that it's almost 4 months in, they should have given away about 21 of these prizes. We have heard about the winners of *one* of these (remember, I'm not counting the suite giveaway). Still believe that Disney isn't being selective about which winners they show to the press? Or do you think that Disney has only given away one major prize out of 78 in the past 4 months?

How about you send away for the official winners list (I've already mailed in my SASE), and when it comes out next year when the contest is done, we'll compare notes.

-Rob

DisneyMarg

So, eventually, they will give it away to a gay couple and then posters will be saying that they only did that because it looked bad that so many average families had won....

I agree with posters who think Disney can make anyone sound like the perfect winner. What exactly would it take for them to choose a "non-perfect" winner? And if you could actually articulate that, would those people really be at Disney?

Finally, just look at the number of posters on these boards who say, "we're going to Disney - me, my DH, my DS, and DD" or something similar. Fact is, I do think most people who go to Disney are families of some sort. However, the law of averages says that others will eventually win as well. You'll see.

Sherrybaby

I don't smoke. However, last night was enhanced by some French table red and a Cali Pinot Noir. :) Cheers.
dave

Hi everyone--my first post :wave: !!!

I have been lurking for years but I had to giggle at Dave's admission to drinking some Piniot Noir--great choice Dave--one of my favorites :animwink: Not that it would change your opinion here at all on this topic!

In any case, I would hope that Disney would not rig the contest to utilize the typical nuclear family for purposes of promotion; however, I do believe that it seems quite convenient for a family with two children (boy and girl) to win the first stay in the castle. If it was just "Disney luck" or not--I cannot say nor will I comment except (again) to say that it seems quite convenient for Disney.

Furthermore, I do not see how the media could put (what they would consider) a postive "spin" on a homosexual couple winning this prize, as other people have commented here. I think that most bourgeois people in the US would spat at the thought.

That being said, I hope the family has a wonderful time in the castle. Having 2.5 children and a dog is no easy task so I'm sure they are deserving. I have one son and no dog since we are all allergic (therefore not the typical American family) so I do not expect to win any major prize during my visit.
Cheers (and I'm currently drinking Pinot Grigio) :sohappy:

Sherry

daverube

Hi everyone--my first post :wave: !!!

Cheers (and I'm currently drinking Pinot Grigio) :sohappy:

Sherry

Welcome, Sherry!!!

I hope you find this site as fun and informative as I do!!

My wife and I didn't win any YOAMD prizes during our honeymoon last fall, but we did get a nice upgrade at the WL!!!

Have fun on your next trip and keep enjoying the grape juice!!!

dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom