first week of March??

Hrudey3032

Original Poster
I just found out from my dad he is buying me and my brothers plane tickets to Florida in March.So how is Feb28-March9 usually weather wise and how busy are the parks.According to the WDW website that is one of the quieter times of the year.What is the take of the WDWMagic crew?

DizneyPryncess

That's a good time of year to go usually, unless Easter is earlier in March like it was last year. Next year you'll be safe since Easter is in April. You always hit a little bit of a spring break crowd in March but you're going pretty early so I think you should find it to be comfortable crowd-wise.

I go the 2nd week of March every year and I've found the weather to be hit or miss then. It's been in the 60s as a high, and it's been in the 80's as a high. Either way, night time is chilly so bring a sweatshirt or jacket for that. Keep checking the weather closer to your trip to see what you should pack.

krisrunsdisney

This year the Disney Princess Half Marathon is March 8. The Weekend starts with the expo on March 6 (Friday). So I'd expect it to be a bit more crowded than usual. I think they are allowing 10+K runners to register and it's 70% full. But in all, I think it will still be quiet.

Expect hte AllStars (Movies in particular), CBR and Poly to be busy as those re the "official" resorts of the weekend. I'll be at Pop, to avoid the crowds. (BTW, this is an event that caters to women.)

Bug715

I was there the week of Easter and St. Patrick's day last year and got burnt. So it was hot. lol. It was a bit crowded but last time I'd been down was Christmas/New Years week.

I'll be down there the end of the second week and the third week. I know this year to either get fake sun before or use suntan lotion.

lilclerk

We were there mid-March this year and the parks were slammed with Easter crowds, but I wouldn't think it'll be so bad this year with Easter being later.

The days got downright hot, but the nights were cool and I would end up going back to the room to get a heavier sweatshirt that I didn't want to carry around all day.

Hrudey3032

Original Poster
We were there mid-March this year and the parks were slammed with Easter crowds, but I wouldn't think it'll be so bad this year with Easter being later.

The days got downright hot, but the nights were cool and I would end up going back to the room to get a heavier sweatshirt that I didn't want to carry around all day.

I am not so concerned about it being cool as I wear shorts in winter(it was 14 degrees today and I was in shorts after work) and I never wear a jacket.Give me a long sleeve t-shirt and a jersey and I will be just fine. I am looking forward to going in March as I have been in January,Feb,April,June,August,and October before.So far my favorite has been October followed by January.As far as weather goes as long as it is not humid I will enjoy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom