Trip Report First Trip to WDW in Two Freaking Years!

Hello Friends.

It's been a while.... a very long while!

My last trip and trip report to WDW was back in March/April 2019. We had plans on going on a cruise in 2020 and 2 trips to WDW that year, but then, we all know what happened, don't we? Considering that we often to go WDW twice or three times a year, not being there for two full years has not been easy.

But that is all about to change. We will be flying off to the Most Magical Place on Earth tomorrow and will be there till the following Saturday. We will be staying at the DVC villa at Jambo House, AKL, with a savanna view room. We have all our park reservations done.

This will be the first time we're there after Galaxy's Edge opened, so we are looking forward to getting a reservation on the most-sought-after ride. Fingers crossed that our fingers are fast enough to get it when it opens.

Donald, as always, is eager to go, but all of us, including him, are out of practice. He's more concerned that we have enough wipes to bring with us on the trip, and he keeps checking to make sure we bring his fast masks.

IMG_4029.JPG

As usual, I'll try to report live from there, and hopefully do more detailed stuff when we get back to our resort. I still have plenty of stuff to pack, and have to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

Zz.

slipperalwaysfits

Plane is delayed
I hope your plane wasn't too late! At least you made it in time for Saana!
Bread service is here.
This truly is as amazing and delicious as everyone says it is! Hubby and I devoured it last time!
success! Group 17!

now we keep our fingers crossed the darn thing doesn't break down!
Happy for you!
Our appetizers
What was the other app besides the charcuterie board?
2nd round on toy story mania
Getting to go on this ride twice in one day is an EPIC feeling of accomplishment (no matter what your score is!)

ZapperZ

Original Poster
DHS yesterday was a lot of fun. M&M Runaway train was actually better than I expected. There's some amazing technology and engineering being done there. RotR is all that it is hyped to be, but there was just too many things going on that it was hard to concentrate of anything. And I can also see that it was doomed from the beginning to have frequent breakdowns. There are just too many "moving parts".

But the biggest, most unexpected surprise of the day was..... <drum roll> .... The ABC Commissary!!

Yes, you read it right. I've often maligned food offering at DHS and at ABC Commissary in particular. So, against our better judgement, we decided to have a very early lunch there because... well, I was getting hungry and don't want to wait for our late lunch/early dinner at the Brown Derby. We ordered the pork carnitas tacos and the shrimp curry.

HOLY COW! We took one bite and we had to look around to make sure we were at the ABC Commissary. They were outstanding!

The shrimp curry could have used stronger curry flavor, but I had at least 6 jumbo shrimp, perfectly cooked. The veggies that came with the curry were also perfectly cooked, still had some crunch in it and not mushy at all (I HATE mushy veggies). The tacos were very flavorful as well. What is going on here?

The food quality (and amount) at the ABC Commissary, over the years, have had it ups and downs, but mostly downs. There had been occasions where I could not finish what I ordered because they were horrendous. But you have to give credit where credit is due. I don't know if this will last, but what I got yesterday was worth what I paid for. I was very impressed with the food quality and highly commend whoever was responsible for the menu and managing the food there.

Picture of the food from the ABC Commissary is to come next (since they are on my phone and I don't care about fiddling with cloud transfer and stuff)

Zz.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
A gorgeous morning here at Jambo House.
View attachment 543554View attachment 543555
We decided to let the rest of our party go on to MK. We will be joining them later in the morning. I have a bit of work to do, unfortunately.

Zz
Is there anything better than a "Disney" morning? Even if you have to work a little, would always prefer that scenery.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
DHS yesterday was a lot of fun. M&M Runaway train was actually better than I expected. There's some amazing technology and engineering being done there. RotR is all that it is hyped to be, but there was just too many things going on that it was hard to concentrate of anything. And I can also see that it was doomed from the beginning to have frequent breakdowns. There are just too many "moving parts".

But the biggest, most unexpected surprise of the day was..... <drum roll> .... The ABC Commissary!!

Yes, you read it right. I've often maligned food offering at DHS and at ABC Commissary in particular. So, against our better judgement, we decided to have a very early lunch there because... well, I was getting hungry and don't want to wait for our late lunch/early dinner at the Brown Derby. We ordered the pork carnitas tacos and the shrimp curry.

HOLY COW! We took one bite and we had to look around to make sure we were at the ABC Commissary. They were outstanding!

The shrimp curry could have used stronger curry flavor, but I had at least 6 jumbo shrimp, perfectly cooked. The veggies that came with the curry were also perfectly cooked, still had some crunch in it and not mushy at all (I HATE mushy veggies). The tacos were very flavorful as well. What is going on here?

The food quality (and amount) at the ABC Commissary, over the years, have had it ups and downs, but mostly downs. There had been occasions where I could not finish what I ordered because they were horrendous. But you have to give credit where credit is due. I don't know if this will last, but what I got yesterday was worth what I paid for. I was very impressed with the food quality and highly commend whoever was responsible for the menu and managing the food there.

Picture of the food from the ABC Commissary is to come next (since they are on my phone and I don't care about fiddling with cloud transfer and stuff)

Zz.
Our family has some strange nostalgia with this place that I am not sure I can explain, so we end up stopping here almost every trip, so I am very happy to hear this.

I've read a few blogs that have been raving about the rise in the quality of food at the commissary, it's good to hear it from someone here though :) !

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Our family has some strange nostalgia with this place that I am not sure I can explain, so we end up stopping here almost every trip, so I am very happy to hear this.

I've read a few blogs that have been raving about the rise in the quality of food at the commissary, it's good to hear it from someone here though :) !
I had a delicious buffalo chicken grilled cheese there a few weeks ago. My first time there, not my last!
canadian comedy GIF by CBC

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom