Trip Report First Trip to WDW in Two Freaking Years!

Hello Friends.

It's been a while.... a very long while!

My last trip and trip report to WDW was back in March/April 2019. We had plans on going on a cruise in 2020 and 2 trips to WDW that year, but then, we all know what happened, don't we? Considering that we often to go WDW twice or three times a year, not being there for two full years has not been easy.

But that is all about to change. We will be flying off to the Most Magical Place on Earth tomorrow and will be there till the following Saturday. We will be staying at the DVC villa at Jambo House, AKL, with a savanna view room. We have all our park reservations done.

This will be the first time we're there after Galaxy's Edge opened, so we are looking forward to getting a reservation on the most-sought-after ride. Fingers crossed that our fingers are fast enough to get it when it opens.

Donald, as always, is eager to go, but all of us, including him, are out of practice. He's more concerned that we have enough wipes to bring with us on the trip, and he keeps checking to make sure we bring his fast masks.

IMG_4029.JPG

As usual, I'll try to report live from there, and hopefully do more detailed stuff when we get back to our resort. I still have plenty of stuff to pack, and have to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

Zz.

We went during September and although we got to ride the rides over and over again. It lacked the experience as a lot of things were closed and there were not any shows. I really hope everything is open for you and the family. The experience is why we go to disney every year.

PolynesianPrincess

Hello Friends.

It's been a while.... a very long while!

My last trip and trip report to WDW was back in March/April 2019. We had plans on going on a cruise in 2020 and 2 trips to WDW that year, but then, we all know what happened, don't we? Considering that we often to go WDW twice or three times a year, not being there for two full years has not been easy.

But that is all about to change. We will be flying off to the Most Magical Place on Earth tomorrow and will be there till the following Saturday. We will be staying at the DVC villa at Jambo House, AKL, with a savanna view room. We have all our park reservations done.

This will be the first time we're there after Galaxy's Edge opened, so we are looking forward to getting a reservation on the most-sought-after ride. Fingers crossed that our fingers are fast enough to get it when it opens.

Donald, as always, is eager to go, but all of us, including him, are out of practice. He's more concerned that we have enough wipes to bring with us on the trip, and he keeps checking to make sure we bring his fast masks.

View attachment 542664

As usual, I'll try to report live from there, and hopefully do more detailed stuff when we get back to our resort. I still have plenty of stuff to pack, and have to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

Zz.

We stayed at Jambo House in September.... be prepared for it to be VERY quiet there. It was a ghost town. Numerous times we were the only people in the entire lobby area since only the DVC rooms are open right now. It was nice but at times also a little reminiscent of The Shining lol One night I was walking up the stairs between Jiko and Boma and it was almost pitch dark. I high tailed it up those stairs so fast!!

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Thank you, everyone.

I think I have everything piled up in my luggage, and Donald safely tucked in my carry-on backpack.

It was great timing that I had my first COVID vaccine just this morning. The other half got it almost 2 weeks ago. Still, I think we won't be letting out guard down. Should be an interesting trip this one.

What I forgot to tell you is that we also have lined up a trip to Aulani at the beginning of August. Yeah, it's like we're trying to make up for all the lost Disney times during these next few months, isn't it? We will be on Oahu for almost two weeks in August. I had a lot of airlines and hotel credits that I had to use, and DVC points piling up and about to go poof! So we splurged! 4 nights at an RCI resort on Oahu, and 8 nights at Aulani, 2-bedroom ocean view. Why not, eh? We have even made reservation to attend the Auliani's luau, which they are bringing back starting end of March. And I should have both of my vaccine by then too!

There are a lot of things to look forward to this summer, unlike the bleak and depressing outlook this time last year when plans after plans got cancelled. This trip to WDW, hopefully, will signal that there's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow....

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Good morning!

I woke up at 5 am this morning, and couldn't go back to sleep as much as I tried.

I think I'm all packed! We still have about hour and a half before we have to head out, so I'm a bit worried that I'm all done! What am I forgetting?

Camera? Check!
Wallet? Check!
Magic bands? Check!
DVC cards? Check!
Trading pins (just in case)? Check!
Sunscreen? Check!
Hats? Check!
Phone? Check!
iPad? Check!
Wipes? Check!
Disposable masks? Check!
Notebook computer to do work (ugh!)? Check!
Poncho? Check!
Boarding pass? Check!
Tripod? Check!
Medications? Check!
Donald? Check!

And just to confirm, Donald sticks his head out of my bag and quacks when his name was called.
IMG_4030.JPG

I guess I'm all set! I'll see you at the airport!

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom