First time with JetBlue...

diddy_mouse

Okay, I've flown plenty of times before but I have yet to try JetBlue. I've heard some good things. I was thrilled to see a non-stop flight from IAD (Wash-Dulles) to MCO and the price seemed right. We usually fly Ted but for this trip we wanted to try something different. :shrug:

Thoughts, horror stories, opinions, tips I should know? :wave:

Thanks!

coastermom

:wave: So happy to hear of good flights through Jet Blue we are book to leave in a month and this is our first flight on Jet Blue . This is my DD 's first flight ever :ROFLOL:. She is only 16 ...:ROFLOL: We usually drive it to USF/IOA or WDW . Any idea how early we need to arrive at the aiport ? We are leaving at 6 PM from Newark and arriving at Orlando at 9 PM . I can't wait :sohappy:.

Upvote 0

rwdavis2

Make sure you reserve a seat behind the exit rows. There is more leg room. You can check it out at seatguru.com

And as the person above said. Absolutely, 100% stay away from JFK. Traveling through there is a nightmare.
Bob

Upvote 0

WDW-LUVR

We now only will fly JetBlue, we have flown others but love JetBlue. From Bos to Mco they seem to have the best prices. One year we had to wait on the plane for some time, while they cleared some other planes of ice at our gate, wasn't bad though we had the TV so that gave everyone something to do, they gave everyone $25.00 credit towards thier next left. Last year somemtime after I have purchased our tickets they went on sale, I called them and they gave me the a credit for the difference of the tickets.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

:wave: So happy to hear of good flights through Jet Blue we are book to leave in a month and this is our first flight on Jet Blue . This is my DD 's first flight ever :ROFLOL:. She is only 16 ...:ROFLOL: We usually drive it to USF/IOA or WDW . Any idea how early we need to arrive at the aiport ? We are leaving at 6 PM from Newark and arriving at Orlando at 9 PM . I can't wait :sohappy:.

Hey there Neighbor!!!! You should be at the airport no later than 2 hours prior to your flight. That will give you plenty of time to check in, get through Security, get down to your gate and maybe even time for a quick bite prior to boarding. Are you familiar with all the parking options or are you being dropped off? Belle

Upvote 0

makonyy15

Depending on the day of trival, I would be at the airport at 2.5 hrs for Newark. I've been OK at 2 hours, but we've had some unexpected delays (parking and security took longer than expected) which quickly added up to only arriving at the gate 15 minutes before boarding. Which is enough time, but depending on your travel efficiency, you may need more than 2 hours at the airport. (We travel 2-3 family vacations per yr and allow 2.5-2 hours for domestic flights)

Also at Newark take note that the airtrain to/from parking takes awhile!! (15-20 mins from turning off the car to arriving at Terminal A from Parking P4). Be sure to allow time for this.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

Original Poster
Thanks again everyone, this has been really helpful! Also, I didn't realize how many of you fly out of Newark. I know that fairly recently JetBlue added D.C. as a key city, which made me happy. I was also one of those people who sent a suggestion email a long while back about adding a direct route to MCO from IAD. :) Guess it payed off!

Upvote 0

coastermom

Hey there Neighbor!!!! You should be at the airport no later than 2 hours prior to your flight. That will give you plenty of time to check in, get through Security, get down to your gate and maybe even time for a quick bite prior to boarding. Are you familiar with all the parking options or are you being dropped off? Belle

:wave:... Thanks for the tips guys and yes I was thinking about 2 hours before . I am going to have to leave the house by 3:30 I guess . We are having a town car drop us off as DH has work and well the other two kids have school. I am going with me my dd and her friend as well as one of my friends .

Hey belle what part of the island are you on ? I am in Great Kills . :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I am in Willowbrook over by College of Staten Island (the new one) I think 3:30 or so should be fine. Have a great flight and a wonderful time!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Thanks again everyone, this has been really helpful! Also, I didn't realize how many of you fly out of Newark. I know that fairly recently JetBlue added D.C. as a key city, which made me happy. I was also one of those people who sent a suggestion email a long while back about adding a direct route to MCO from IAD. :) Guess it payed off!

I have heard a number of times, but cannot seem to confirm it, that outside of Florida, NJ is the largest drawing State for WDW.

A 6 PM flight out of Newark? Don't suprised if it's delayed. I have never flown OUT of EWR in the early evening, but I have been stranded or delayed in at least half a dozen different airports flying INTO EWR in the evening.

The traffic patterns around EWR / JFK / LGA are packed. As soon as one of those afternoon thunderstorms rolls in and causes a 15 minute delay, it just generate ATC delays across the system.

I am not talking huge delays, maybe 30 minutes or so.

EWR is a strange beast when it comes to time. I have breezed through security in under 5 minutes. I have also been stuck for 45 minutes, both at the same time of day. I have never found any rhyme or reason to it. 2 hours before your flight should be a safe bet.

I THINK (not 100% on this) that JetBlue has curbside luggage dropoff at EWR (I KNOW Continental does :) ). Check and see (Belle may know). If thats the case, then print your boarding pass at home, and drop your luggage at the kiosk. That can save boatloads of time as well.

Above all, have a good trip and have fun. :)

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom