First Time @ Polynesian

nuroad

This is my first time posting a thread on this board....my family will be going to Disney World in July and staying at the Polynesian. I have visited the Tikiman's site and other sites (orlandorocks.com, etc). This site has been extremely helpful. I wanted to get some feedback on those who have stayed there before.

I appreciate it...thanks!!

S_Grise

We stayed there in 2002. I can't gush and rave nearly enough! We liked to take the boat to and from the MK when we took our afternoon breaks and when we were done for the day because we weren't in a huge rush then. We had an AWESOME room with a balcony that overlooked the lagoon. We were able to watch fireworks over the castle from our balcony every night. How can you beat that? Our room was plenty big for 2 adults and 3 not-small kids. The staff were out of a dream, going above and beyond to help us with every tiny thing. Honestly, this trip is what sold us on Disney. It's a very high standard for anything else to live up to once you've done the Poly! Have a great time and write us a trip report!!!

Upvote 0

RICK8868

The show I was actually talking about was La Nouba. Nuroad said that they just purchased tickets for that show and I thought that was the show that was being asked about. Sorry for the confusion, I should of been more clear:eek: Your right about the Luau, even with the change it still isn't something I wouldn't see. Ohana's is much more fun:D

Upvote 0

dandaman

First-time at Polynesian for me, too. This thread has already answered some of my questions, except for one: Typically, what/where is a "garden view" room? I looked on our family's reservations, and it stated that we had a garden view room.
Just curious. :wave:

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

A "garden view" room is exactly what it sounds like: a view of the gardens and grounds at the Poly. IMHO, it is the best "basic" view out of any of the WDW resorts... The grounds are meticulous, the flowers are lovely, and the ducks (and bunnies if you're lucky) are very friendly!!

(Note: if you like wildlife, keep a few cheerios in your room and you can feed the ducks in the morning if you have a ground floor room. I used to love to do that while sipping on my coffee!).

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
tecowdw said:
The sun was just setting and I saw a gentleman sitting on the patio of his Polynesian room (near the TTC) reading the paper. It looked like such a peaceful setting with the sun, the grounds, the white sand beach, the tiki torches burning and the thought of the upper scale of staying there. I vowed to myself that I would stay there someday.

Same exact story!! Although I stayed at Poly as a kid I don't remember it. Back in January we took a walk on the beach at sunset and then went to 'Ohana for dinner and I vowed that I would go back to Disney a few months later and get a lagoon view room because it looked so amazing.

I ended up booking a garden room because of cost, but then I lucked out a couple days ago and that great military promotion came out so I am getting my lagoon view now. I cannot WAIT.

Upvote 0

Debbie

Like everyone else: I really enjoyed the Polynesian. I have stayed there 4 times and each moment I relished; knowing I might not ever be able to afford to stay there again. It is the ultimate place to stay. We could hang out there all day and never visit the parks; it's that nice. and Tigger has been known to go swimming there in the afternoon............:)

Upvote 0

Kadee

This thread has me wanting to upgrade to the Poly for Christmas. We are staying at the POR (which we absolutely LOVE) but the Poly sounds so wonderful. Maybe I will wait until they upgrade all the rooms, then stay there.

I do have one question: How quiet is it there? Our experience at POR was wonderful. It was very quiet and relaxing. Is the Poly quiet, or is it very noisy like some of the other resorts I have experienced?

Upvote 0

tikiman

Laura,

Glad to hear you got the lagoon view. Not that there are not great garden view rooms but there is nothing like a lagoon view.

As far as the Spirit of Aloha Show I thought the food was better than the old show and the old show was not bad, and the show itself had very authentic dance (I have been to many real Luaus) and the added story was ok but I think it was to make it more interesting to the kids. I know everyone around us at the show was enjoying the show and were asking for seconds and thirds on the food.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

Nansafan

nuroad said:
I want to thank each of you for your comments! I appreciate your input about the Polynesian resort. My family will be staying there from July 9-16. I am looking forward to the trip and because of your comments, I am extremely excited. We just reserved at Ohana's, Boma's, Fulton's and ordered great tickets for the La Nouba show....

Those that have been, how is that show? I have heard only great things!

Thanks again...look forward to more comments!!!

We'll be at the Poly from 7/8-7/15, maybe we'll run into you there. The Poly was our first on-property resort in 1993. We had a friend who was a travel agent and she found us a great deal so we stayed there. We drove 22 hours straight from Chicago and were checking-in at 3:00 PM on a Sunday. We were exhausted. Due to my son's asthma, it was imperative for us to have a No-Smoking room. There were no non-smoking rooms in our "garden view" classification so we were upgraded to a lagoon view. Our third floor room looked out at the castle. We watched the fireworks the first night from our balcony. From that point on we were totally hooked on the Poly. It wasn't until that next morning after a good nights rest that we realized that we'd been upgraded. The desk clerk said when we checked in "this is not exactly the room you reserved but I think you'll like it." We were too tired to understand what he was talking about. Since that visit the Poly is our home at WDW. Note: As soon as you step into the lobby, take a deep breath. There is no smell like the Poly lobby. It means WDW to me.

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

I love the Polynesian!! I have been there 4 times and this August will be my 5th. Everyone is so friendly there and goes out of their way to make your stay a great one. It's a large property and you can't beat the beach and monorail access at your fingertips. Even though it is a deluxe resort, it doesn't have the snootiness of others. The fact that we have gone back so many times is a testament to what a wonderful hotel it is. In fact, I was wish I was there now!!

Upvote 0

S_Grise

Kadee said:
I do have one question: How quiet is it there? Our experience at POR was wonderful. It was very quiet and relaxing. Is the Poly quiet, or is it very noisy like some of the other resorts I have experienced?
We were there during a very busy season (July) and it was VERY quiet. Granted that we are early risers, but we were never bothered at night by noise, either. We also returned to our room for an afternoon break and never were bothered by noise then, either.

Upvote 0

Kadee

S_Grise said:
We were there during a very busy season (July) and it was VERY quiet. Granted that we are early risers, but we were never bothered at night by noise, either. We also returned to our room for an afternoon break and never were bothered by noise then, either.

Thank you! That is so good to know. I am a very light sleeper and lots of noise makes for a very grouchy Kadee the next day. I think that the Poly may be a good choice for us. I am an early riser, as well, so the late night noise is really my main concern. Thanks again for you response.

Upvote 0

S_Grise

Kadee said:
I am a very light sleeper and lots of noise makes for a very grouchy Kadee the next day. I am an early riser, as well, so the late night noise is really my main concern. Thanks again for you response.
I am also a very light sleeper. Being worn out after a Disney-day probably helps, but honestly, I felt this was the quietest hotel I've ever stayed in. Maybe it was because we were given an excellent up-graded room that over-looked the lagoon (which we didn't reserve or pay for!), but it was super quiet...after the fireworks each night, of course.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom