First time at Vero Beach, any tips?

tissandtully

Original Poster
We've stayed at pretty much all the WDW DVC locations, doing a relaxed two night weekend at DVB in a couple weeks, anything that's not worth doing? Dining we should skip or not-skip? Thanks!

foreverbelle

We were there a few years back it was a nice little getaway and quite relaxing. I would definitely say, make sure you grab bug spray, there are a lot of no see'ems down there. I know I was eaten up with bug spray plastered all over me so I would definitely make sure you have protection, even a light weight jacket....the campfire at night was a lot of fun, I know my husband and I enjoyed it once or twice.

As for restaurants we had a great meal at Riverside Cafe (https://www.riversidecafe.com/ on the water, the view was amazing and we had a lot of fun, I would recommend it. The Shutters at the house wasn't to bad, but not something I would do all the time. If I remember and unless things have changed, it is quite isolated so food locations were not as plentiful as we would have liked but it was nice to go out and explore.

I will definitely have to look through my notes to see if I can come up with anything else for you...

216bruce

The restaurants are good, Sonja's is very good and the service is excellent. We go for a long bike ride (rentals are quite cheap) every time we are at VB and it's a nice ride- lots of pricey places to see and some nice beaches to stop at north of the resort on A1A (along with some sea turtle nest depending on when you are there). The pool area and burger/beer stand poolside is nice too, but the best thing about the resort is the beach! It's beautiful. Rent some chairs and an umbrella (a little pricey) for the day and just hang-out. Enjoy. We discovered the resort on a whim and now try to get back as often as our extra points allow.

ExTourGuide

If you're going to have a car, take ride up to Hwy 1 and make a right, there are a number of hole-in-the wall places to eat that are really excellent. Same thing for down in Vero Beach proper. Shutters is great for breakfast and maybe dinner once or twice, and as Bruce pointed out Sonja's is excellent, but pricey. We use it as a special evening meal then tend to hit some of the local joints for dinner other nights.

It's a very relaxing environment overall - my favorite way to recharge whether for a long weekend or a week!

Crafty

We have always wanted to stay there, but haven't made it yet. How hard is it to get reservations at the 7 month window?

Penelope

We have always wanted to stay there, but haven't made it yet. How hard is it to get reservations at the 7 month window?

I would like to know this as well for those who have booked before. We are hoping to plan a trip for next summer there ~ how hard is a July/August trip at 7 months booking?

And what is there for a 6 year old to do? The DVC website page is not as detailed as I would like I appreciate any feedback from families! The resort looks beautiful would love to hear pros and cons thanks!

216bruce

I would like to know this as well for those who have booked before. We are hoping to plan a trip for next summer there ~ how hard is a July/August trip at 7 months booking?

And what is there for a 6 year old to do? The DVC website page is not as detailed as I would like I appreciate any feedback from families! The resort looks beautiful would love to hear pros and cons thanks!
Not too difficult , but it depends on what kind of accommodation. If you are looking for a beach-house you are probably SOL. A studio, good shot. We've booked with a month or so out, but not in summer.

DisDadWoz

We stayed the last week of July this year. We were able to book in March and we had a Ocean View Inn room which was great. We were not big fans of the Green Cabin other than sitting on the deck overlooking the ocean, nor were we big fans of Shutters. (Poor service/food options) Sonjas was actually very good and better than some of "signature" options at WDW. Plenty to do for the younger kids including mini golf on site, turtle troop and the pool/ocean. If you want to do the kayaking be sure to sign up early as it fills up quickly.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Just got back from a few days at Vero. Wasn't my first trip and won't be my last. I have a lifetime supply of bug bites on my legs and arms... And that was with bug spray.

Activities for adults (such as crafts) were limited. Tons of stuff for the 4-12 crowd and a decent amount of teen activities. The beach was amazing though. Water was very warm and clean. I love the pool too. Definitely logged a lot of hours in the water. I don't think I could spend an entire week at the resort and not go to Disney at all. It is definitely the perfect place to relax for a few days after hauling around the parks.

LSUmagic

We spent at week at 4th of July at Vero this summer. Celebrating my DH's birthday. We loved Sonja's! The staff was incredible and we ate their recommendations both nights we went. Neither time were we disappointed. Make sure you go to the pool and get a Dole Whip.
We didn't get the chance to go to the bonfire because it rained almost every night but I hear it's a lot of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom