First ride for child's first visit

My 2 1/2yr old son is obsessed with trains so our first ride was the railroad at MK. After that he loved all rides including haunted mansion and pirates but hated all the shows. He cried hysterically during tiki birds and we had to leave in the middle of turtle talk with crush...go figure...

OldYeller

Do something that's bright. Don't go in a dark ride first. A few years ago, we went down with my buddy's family when his youngest was 5. First ride was SSE and it ruined him for rides the rest of the trip. He didn't like how dark it was.

Weather_Lady

I would start in the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland. If it's first thing in the morning, hit Pooh, Peter Pan, and Dumbo first. If it's later in the day and the crowds have already descended, fastpass one of those and do it's a small world, the Carousel, Philharmagic, etc. first.

That being said, for our kids' first visit we arrived at 1pm and dove right into Adventureland, working our way clockwise through Frontierland and Liberty Square. My children's inaugural Disney experience began with none other than the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (followed by the Magic Carpets, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and then over to Splash Mountain...). The choice of attractions and the order in which we did them was deliberate: we wanted to start with the less exciting attractions and then build up to more stimulating ones (otherwise, things like the Treehouse would have been so anticlimactic for them, they wouldn't have enjoyed it as much). That was the theory, anyway. We certainly heard nothing but raves by the kids about everything they saw.

Wikkler

MK: Mickey's PhilharMagic
EP: Probably Epcot Character Spot then The Seas
DHS: Toy Story Mania!
AK: Meet a character, then Kilimanjaro Safaris

DizneyPryncess

My daughter's first ride was Dumbo - it just seemed like a rite of passage for some reason. I hadn't been on Dumbo since I was a kid, and I was so excited to take her on it. She was 13 months at the time. There's just something about walking down Main Street, and through the castle into Fantasyland that felt perfect to me.

So I would say Dumbo. Or even Peter Pan to avoid waits longer in the day. Last month we did Enchanted Tales with Belle first, for that same reason, and DD loved it. That's a good one to hit early in the day too. :)

Jessica618

We took our son for his first trip last year for his 2nd birthday and he had a BLAST!!! The first thing we did was take him to MK and the Princess M&G...MUCH to our surprise there was no wait and low and behold, his FAVORITE character of all was there waiting for him...Rapunzel!!! He was so excited. He walked up to her and said "OH MY! It's really you!!! Can I live with you?" It was adorable. Then we went on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. We then rode it about a million times after that.

mousehockey37

My wife and are going down to WDW in oct and will have our 3 kids with us. (4yr boy and twin girls that will be 15mo.) my parents will also be coming with us. I was wondering what ride we should take our 4yr old on first to "set the scene"

Well, if you want to set the scene, then the first ride would be the MONORAIL!!!! :D

Figaro928

We will hopefully be arriving at noonish. so the plan is to get over to the MK for the 3 oclock parade. i think that'll be a great way to start the trip:)

Clowd Nyne

We always do Epcot on day one and we do nemo and crush first. The kids love it. Heck I love it. Plus the kids aren't bored at Epcot asking for the magic kingdom if you take them to Epcot first

Sphinx610

My wife and are going down to WDW in oct and will have our 3 kids with us. (4yr boy and twin girls that will be 15mo.) my parents will also be coming with us. I was wondering what ride we should take our 4yr old on first to "set the scene"

Ok so I understand everyone's excitement and all w the crazy rides as the first but if you're taking lil ones.. First of all they will not even be tall enough for things like any of the mountains, etc- This would be my realistic suggestion... Magic Kingdom, for obvious reasons, and I'd take the people mover in Tomorrow land to give them a good overview. It's a good first ride bc it's not crazy n scary and it gives a great view of the rides at the park. There is usually a negligible line that moves quickly so they wont walk into the park and rush to get stuck on a line that doesnt move. tomorrow land is exciting and bright and fun. They can leisurely take a look around and decide whT they want to do and what they see as exciting... No matter how much you prepare them w videos pics etc, the first time you walk in the Magic Kingdom it's sensory overload. That's what we did w our 2 & 6 yo when we went. Our 6yo was very timid and People Mover was the perfect first ride as they were both excited to do the full thng once they saw that nothing ws as scary as they initially thought. Just my experience :)

Sphinx610

Oh and the Winnie the Pooh ride is good too for young ones but Peter Pan's line is the one that generates the longer lines so hit it first or you will need a fast pass for later in the day.
True but you have to be careful w Winnie the Pooh- my daughter was 2- almost 3- and was terrified of WTP bc of the Woozles section... I'd try that one via you tube bf you go to test the, out on it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom