First ride for child's first visit

blappin

Original Poster
My wife and are going down to WDW in oct and will have our 3 kids with us. (4yr boy and twin girls that will be 15mo.) my parents will also be coming with us. I was wondering what ride we should take our 4yr old on first to "set the scene"

taz0162

Peter Pans Flight first as to avoid the long and I do mean long lines later in the day for this one. My 4-1/2 YO Son loved Dumbo and The Great Goofini Coaster on our first Day at MK Moring Park Visit. But to Set the stage of a Disney Experience make sure to get there for the morning rope drop presentation, walk down mainstreet, beeline to Peter Pan's flight then hit the rest of fantasyland. My daughter was 18mo when we went and she is still infatuated with everything Minnie Mouse since the trip in Dec/Jan. For them gradually introduce them to the characters don't just run up. Day one my daughter was scarred, the next day she was fine, and by the end of our trip she was photo bombing other families who were meeting the characters.

SAV

If you are planning on spending multiple days at MK, then definitely go there first and ride Dumbo. That's perfect for kids of that age. The double edged sword with going to MK first is that the rest of the parks don't have as many rides/attractions, so they may not be as cool to the kids after experiencing MK. But to some folks, MK is Disney and they want to go there first.
If you go to AK first, go on either the Killimanjaro Safari or TriceraTop Spin(It's the same thing as Dumbo, but with baby dinosaurs).
At Epcot, I would say the Seas with Nemo and Friends.
At DHS, by default I would say Toy Story Midway Mania.

PolynesianPrincess

My first ride was Pirates. Actually, I think my sister's first ride was Pirates also! :)

Personally, for my child's first ride, I would do something like Peter Pan's Flight or Small World or Dumbo. What is the childs favorite character? Maybe an attraction with their favorite character might a good way to kick off the trip :)

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
First ride we took our 14 month old on was Dumbo, and it's now her favorite (along with Flying Carpets and Small World). From my experience, you'll have more issues with the 4 year old being skittish about rides than the little ones, although they're all different. We just got back with our now 3 year old, and she rode far fewer rides than when she was 14 months (or even 2 yo).

Of course, from a wait time standpoint - (assuming you're at MK) I would recommend going straight to Enchanted Tales with Belle first thing, then do Dumbo and the rest of Fantasyland. They'll love it all!

KLeigh

Another vote for Dumbo or Peter Pan's Flight. You get the Disney magic and a low-key ride to ease him into it.

My first ride was Dumbo when I was 4, and I've loved Disney ever since!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom