First Photo of Inside Everest

pfeigelm

This brings up an interesting point about interior lighting on dark-ride type roller coasters. Space Mountain is dark for effect (you are not supposed to see the walls). Same for R&R coaster (you only see things in your "headlights"). Matterhorn in DL gets outside light and the interior rooms are smallish so lighting is easy.

But this looks like huge rooms and detailed wall rockwork says lighting will be dialed up pretty high in some places by necessity. I suppose the concept will have us moving from "scene" to "scene" and you wont be able to see other sections of track. This also allows each scene to be lit for the appropriate mood.

judging from the outside pics I think the interior will be cut off from outside light. That will make the parts where you do pop outside for a few breath-taking seconds even more intense.

Thanks for all the pics you guys send in. I love this site!

CTXRover

Very cool photo. I love these little back stage peeks of the construction progress Yen Sid. It looks amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product with the appropriate show lighting. I imagine most of these cavern sections will require some type of show lighting as there are only a few openings to the outside that would provide any light.

Does anyone know if all the cavern sections/coaster sections will be this themed? The only reason I ask is that it could be very easy thematically to have portions of it in complete darkness.

The_CEO

You know that picture reminds me of this section of the track..

Attachments

• everest_train_ridethrough_closeup1.jpg
    everest_train_ridethrough_closeup1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 7552Inside_Everest-med.jpg
    7552Inside_Everest-med.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 293
  • everest_train_ridethrough_closeup1.jpg
    everest_train_ridethrough_closeup1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 224

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The_CEO said:
Bill doesn't know how to keep things off his site.. He steals from disney..
well that isnt nice.......... id like to see some more images of the CAD type software that is the screenshots of EE.

muy interesante'

The_CEO

jmaxwell007 said:
well that isnt nice.......... id like to see some more images of the CAD type software that is the screenshots of EE.

muy interesante'

All we have is what is posted on WDWMagic's front page. If I had an inside source I'd show you some.. Leave it to YenSid! :)

CTXRover

^^Awesome! Thanks so much. Those are amazing shots. Its neat to see the trains are arriving at AK. I suppose they still have to make them look "rusty" though. Thanks again. I am even more excited about Everest after seeing the amount of detail in the interior "caves". Very cool.

CaptainMichael

Picture of E:E during the day: Check :sohappy:

Picture of E:E at night: Check :sohappy:

Picture of E:E queue: Check :sohappy:

Picture of E:E's inside: Check :sohappy: :kiss:

Picture of E:E train: Check :sohappy: :kiss:

Picture of Yeti: ________ :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom