First night of Mickey's NSS Halloween Party--have you experienced it?

MissM

NO MORE FREE PHOTO AS OF THIS YEAR. Previously, they had photo locations set up - for example, Timekeeper was one last year - and you went in and had a photo take and they mailed you one copy for each person in the shot. (So, Love and I got two copies.) It's themed with character cartoons as the border of the photo. However, as of this year, they're not doing it free any longer. You now will get a 50% coupon for PhotoPass pictures from the event. (Bummer if you ask me. Half of insanely overpriced is still overpriced.)

After 4pm, when you enter, they have some turnstyles with wristbands and you can get yours there. Otherwise, it's much like EMH nights. There are wristband distribution centers set up at various points throughout the park.

As for candy, they have candy stations and trails set up and they're indicated on your special MNSSHP map. There's one in front of CoP, there's one across from the Tomorrowland Speedway, there's a candy trail on the walkway between Toontown and Tomorrowland, and another trail in the Jungle Cruise area for examples. When you come in, they give you a small trick or treat bag and you go past a candy area, you get in line (generally takes only a minute or two since they move quick) and they'll toss candy in your bag. It's as easy as that. You need a wristband for candy since it's part of the event. In fact, it's downright rude to stay into the party hours if you ask me if you didn't pay for the party ticket since it is a special event.

Either way, it's a lot of fun. From what I understand, more people dress up the closer you get to Halloween, but there's certainly nothing wrong with wearing a costume any night of the party. In fact, they encourage it in all their party information and ads.
-m

raven

Did I read somewhere on a link posted here that they fill up every bag you are carrying (including non-treat bags) with candy? :slurp:

DanStat

That sucks that they don't mail you a picture any more. They did run out of bags last year, so they'll pretty much fill up anything. Some people used trick-or-treating "buckets."

figment1985

So I understand that it isn't fair for people who haven't paid for the MNSSHP tickets to participate in the event- but the park doesn't normally close this early right? I know it's value season.. but still. I am just wondering if I should be mad that the park is closing early to regular guests who paid for a full day ticket to be at the park.

shari71

The hours are clearly posted. While I only purchased 1 MNSSHP night of tickets, the park is closed to me on 4 other nights for the party...I accept it knowing that the hours were posted when I made my reservations. Should I be upset that AK closes at 5:00? Should it not be open later as well since I paid for a full day? I don't think so. The hours are posted and well known. I paid for the all day ticket and the MNSSHP ticket - so is it fair for me as well? Yes, because I bought them knowing the hours and the extra cost.

MissM

Did I read somewhere on a link posted here that they fill up every bag you are carrying (including non-treat bags) with candy? :slurp:
I was there on Halloween night last year and since it was the last night of the party, by the end of the night, yes! they were filling up every single thing that could hold candy. Backpacks, purses, shopping bags, etc. I came home with 24lbs of candy! Now, I wouldn't expect them to give out so much on the earlier nights. Most places early in the evening gave a few pieces of candy per person. You can use the bag they give you or if you have a special bag or bucket you want to use, by all means, bring it. But it was because they had an absolute surplus of candy left over at the end of the night last year that I ended up with so much!

So I understand that it isn't fair for people who haven't paid for the MNSSHP tickets to participate in the event- but the park doesn't normally close this early right? I know it's value season.. but still. I am just wondering if I should be mad that the park is closing early to regular guests who paid for a full day ticket to be at the park.
Any special event night makes the park close early. For example, this Friday and Saturday, MK is closing at 6pm for the "Night of Joy" event. Hours are posted upwards of 6 months in advance. They also have the times posted at the parking toll booths AND on signs when you approach the turnstyle. And you can always plan to go to a different park on that day if you don't want to leave early.
-m

figment1985

Any special event night makes the park close early. For example, this Friday and Saturday, MK is closing at 6pm for the "Night of Joy" event. Hours are posted upwards of 6 months in advance. They also have the times posted at the parking toll booths AND on signs when you approach the turnstyle. And you can always plan to go to a different park on that day if you don't want to leave early.
-m

Well- when I looked at the calendar on the disney site when we booked our trip, it showed nothing about the halloween party- and it was only back in July when I checked on it. I'm sure the dates were elsewhere- but whatever. But going to another park I suppose is the best option. I wonder how busy it will be that night?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Another question regarding now the candy giveaways....

Do you have to be in costume to recieve candy, or just line up and have your bag ready?

Just wanted to clarify this...as with traditional Trick or Treating, you normally don't get any candy for not wearing a costume.

SO SAD to hear about the free photo being discontinued!

BUMMER!! Figures this happens the one time i get to attend this Event...lol....

My MNSSHP Ticket arrived TODAY!! Yippeeee!!!!!!!

I am so totally pumped for this...

Anyone here know when the Halloween Parade starts? What about Hallowishes?

Uponastar

Another question regarding now the candy giveaways....

Do you have to be in costume to recieve candy, or just line up and have your bag ready?

Just wanted to clarify this...as with traditional Trick or Treating, you normally don't get any candy for not wearing a costume.

SO SAD to hear about the free photo being discontinued!

BUMMER!! Figures this happens the one time i get to attend this Event...lol....

My MNSSHP Ticket arrived TODAY!! Yippeeee!!!!!!!

I am so totally pumped for this...

Anyone here know when the Halloween Parade starts? What about Hallowishes?

No costumes required for trick-or-treating. You get a bag as you enter and you are free to get into as many of the trick-or-treat lines as you like, as many times as you like. The lines are never long, and they do move quickly.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Wow! There are TWO showings of the Hallo-Parade??

FANTASTIC!!

Now i am REALLY pumped...

I'll be on a major sugar buzz too with all that free candy...

Thanks for answering my questions everyone!

:wave:

MissM

I was thinking of seeing the second parade, but I heard the headless horseman doesn't appear then. Is that true? :veryconfu
He did last year. He does show up before the parade though, mind. So you need to plan a little early. They also clear everyone out of the road prior, so you know it's coming.
-m

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips.

I remember as it rule it was good to catch the later parade for anything as it is indeed usually less crowded. I used to do this for the seasonal showings of the Main St. Electrical Parade ( ah..those were the days!) and the later performance was more enjoyable because of the thinner crowds.

Can anyone offer any more "tips" for the MNSSHP? As this is my first time, i want to be sure not to miss anything on the 15th.

MissM

Can anyone offer any more "tips" for the MNSSHP? As this is my first time, i want to be sure not to miss anything on the 15th.
My tip is to get there early. Like, they let us in at 4pm last year. I used that time to run around, ride things I wanted to see for the day, and grab some food. This meant that I didn't have to spend my Party time doing things like that. It let me do things that are only for the event, you know?
-m

figment1985

The hours are clearly posted. While I only purchased 1 MNSSHP night of tickets, the park is closed to me on 4 other nights for the party...I accept it knowing that the hours were posted when I made my reservations. Should I be upset that AK closes at 5:00? Should it not be open later as well since I paid for a full day? I don't think so. The hours are posted and well known. I paid for the all day ticket and the MNSSHP ticket - so is it fair for me as well? Yes, because I bought them knowing the hours and the extra cost.

OK THANKS!!! :wave:

:lookaroun

meryll83

That looks awesome!
We're gonna be there for it next year I think, and I was never really bothered before, but those piccies have got me really interested!

When do they go on sale normally?

skellington216

Mnnshp

I am going to MNSSHP on Oct 2 for the first time. Do many adults dress up for this event? I'm 29 (but a kid at heart) and my friends and I are all planning to dress up as pirates. Just wondering if we're the only ones who will be in costume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom