First night of Mickey's NSS Halloween Party--have you experienced it?

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Hi Gang.

I'll be heading down to the World again this September and just recently discovered that i will be around for the kickoff of Mickey's NSS Halloween Party ( Sept 15th). I have heard a LOT about this event in the past, and it sounds great, but i would like to know from folks here who have experienced first hand what i can expect?

I have already bought my ticket, and i know about the neat parade. What i am wondering though...is how on Earth do they seperate the "Party Guests" from the "Park Guests" when closing time comes? I think i remember someone saying they gave out arm bands to MNSSHP Guests with tickets before Park Close but i need my memory refreshed.

Also, What is the atmosphere going to be like? Does this event attrach a more "rowdy" crowd, or is it basically like any usual night in the Magic Kingdom?

One other question......Does everything still stay open until the wee hours as i see listed, or only the major attractions?

Has anyone here ever gone on the first night of this event? Do they do anything "extra" or is that usually reserved for the BIg Day ( Halloween night)? Just curious.

Many thanks in advance to any advice, tips, experience reviews, anyone can post here!

:wave:

DVC Dave

I would love to hear some info for first time people as well. We will be going to MNSSHP for the first time in October. 11 days in the happiest place on earth. (oct4 - 14th)

darthjohnny

They do give out wrist bands. But I think they still have some people that manage to stay in the park who are not part of the party because they manage to sneak in and never leave. There is only a one hour difference between the closing of the park to normal guests and when the party starts at 7:00 PM. :(

But pretty much everything stays open with the exception of a few choice attractions. All popular attractions remian open, even some of the less popular like Swiss Family Robinsion Treehouse. But I do know the Hall of Presidents closes (atleast it did last year) becuase that is an area where they use it as teh place to get your complimentary photo taken for the party.

Everyone is really respectful at the party, unlike what is attracted at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. It is pretty much like a regular night, maybe everyone is more appreciative because it is a special Disney event.

I have never gone the first night. I don't think they do anything really special, except release the first Halloween pin for the event. I don't even think they do anything really special for the Halloween day night, but that usually sells out because it's the night. But I'm not sure. Hope that helps! :)

peters

We went to MNSSH last year for the first time on the first night. It was great! Along with the parade, there is lots of trick or treating and the villian characters are all over the place... something that I rarely see. We got there around 4:30 and ate and then strolled around a bit until the party started. You get your wristbands at the gate and everyone without a wristband was ushered out politely by the Disney folks. I did hear a few grumblings from day guests, but it seemed to go smoothly. Not all the attractions were open that evening, but most were. All the biggies are. I didn't run into anyone rowdy, in fact it was very tame. We didn't wear costumes(no kids with us) but al lot of people did. Didn't feel out of place without one though. Going again this year and can't wait for the fun! Hope that helps.

diddy_mouse

We also went to MNSSHP last year (Oct. 11) and had a great time. It's a more intimate feeling in the park because there tend to be less people there, at least on the night we went. It was cool to get the fun of Halloween in early October. I'm sure it's the same feeling when you go on the first night or those first few days. Plus all the candy you get trick or treating is a nice touch :D

MissM

As a Florida Resident with an AP how much does the party cost?
If you login to disneyworld.com/passholder all the information is there.

Passholders have advanced purchase discounts on certain nights:
Passholder Discount Tickets
Passholders save even more on select nights when they purchase tickets in advance!

Passholder Advance Tickets for Sept. 15, 22, Oct. 2, 16, 17, 23, 24:

Ages 10 and over: $32.95 plus tax
Ages 3 -9: $25.95

This is more than 10% off the regular advance purchase price.
Purchase online or call (407) 560-7277 to buy tickets now!​

-m

drew81

MNSSHP is one of the best special events Disney does!!! I have went the past 3 years and I have always had a very enjoyable time. Many guests dress up, but you do'nt have to. There are many rare characters out!!! The parade and fireworks are awesome!!!! Usually many families leave after the fireworks and the park clears out. There are no lines at the attractions. The only one that I could remember that were closed were Tiki Birds, Jungle Cruise and The Hall of Presidents.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
We went for our honeymoon in '04 and our trip was delayed a couple of days due to Hurricane Jeanne. It ended up that we were there on Oct 1st so we decided to go to MNNSHP. It was so fun. Everything has that spooky feeling. There are ghosts flying on the buildings down mainstreet. Here are a few pictures:
the castle has a spooky glow about it...
View attachment 23105
the beginning of the parade...
View attachment 23106
in front of the train depot as you leave..
View attachment 23107
The Hallowishes fireworks are awesome too...instead of Tink flying down it is a witch...I think there is video on this site of the fireworks...

MissM

I went on Halloween night last year and it was a blast.

CoP and Jungle Cruise were closed as they were candy stations. Hall of Presidents was closed as well. Most things are open though and I found that there were many more counter service places open during last year's MNSSHP then 2004's MVMCP. (At the christmas party, pretty much the only counter service open was Casey's. This made eating a real nightmare.)

Here's my photos from Halloween night last year:
http://www.disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html

It's a ton of fun. Sadly, my sister is getting married Oct 27th this year and I'm a bridesmaid, so I won't have time to get to MNSSHP this year. Which really stinks because there's nothing more fun then being in costume, trick-or-treating for candy at MK.
-m

phillyfan77

Thanks for the awesome photos! :sohappy:

We'll be attending our first MNSSHP in 3 weeks and have been looking for as much info as possible before we get there. The lighting on SM is unbelieveable! Looks like I'll have to stock up on a ton of blank DVDs for my camcorder for this night alone! WOOHOO!

danpam1024

We plan our vacation around MNSSHP (not to mention the weather's great and crowds are smaller). Hallowishes is truly amazing, worth they $ just to see that. Our family goes during the week, I've heard weekends are very crowded (of course). We were able to see many charactors we missed during the day.

dannb1001

Halloween Parade Audio

I know this is way off the subject but I did not know where to post this.
Does anyone know where I can find the Audio to Mickey's Boo To You Parade?
I have also been looking for Disneyland Paris Disney Villians Parade. They have a CD of there Halloween Events however I am uncertain where or how to purshase it. Or if there was a video of it that would be awesome.
The song in paticular is called It's Halloween-lo-ween. Its kind of cetchy and lively.
If anyone can help me out please let me know. Thanks in advance :)

DanStat

MNSSHP is very fun! It is well worth the money! I heard that the only way they know who's there for the party and who's not is when they board an attraction. They check for wristbands. I'm sure there's more ways of them knowing.

The atmosphere is very Halloween-ish. The music and effects on Main Street are awesome. The crowd was mixed, but definetly not rowdy. Older and younger people alike were dressed in costume. The candy is REAL candy and it's your fault if you don't leave with a full bag.

I'm pretty sure we didn't ride all of the rides, but we did ride the E-tickets that we wanted to. Splash Mountain was a walk-on.

Enjoy it. Don't rush, just relax and try to enjoy the scenery. DO ride the Haunted Mansion. The lighting is awesome. HalloWishes is one of the best fireworks shows I've seen. The parade and it's theme song are infectious. Even my dad was singing the song days after the event.

It's lots of fun! You won't be disappointed!

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Awesome!!

HUGE thanks to everyone who responded! I was about to give up on this thread as it seemed no one was interested in the topic! LOL!

Glad to see some responses..

I have a question to those who have attended: When do you recieve you Wristbands for the Event? Do you pick them up a hour or so before closing somewhere like City Hall, or is there another procedure?

Also...Trick or Treating: You dress up and go around to the different shops/attractions/etc. ....and recieve candy? Is this how it works here? I would like to dress up, but i am traveling light and the thought of bringing a costume may be a problem. I suppose i could go as a "Tourist" or "CM"...Hee hee...( just kidding!)

GREAT news to hear about the rare characters out. I have heard much about this in the past. I hope the Gargoyles ( from both the tv series, and HBOND) are there!

One more question: Someone above noted something about a complimentary photo from the party. Can you tell me more about this? Is it with a character?

Thanks again everyone for all your feedback. I leave next Tuesday and i am already PUMPED for this event thanks to the above feedback! :)

DanStat

Awesome!!
I have a question to those who have attended: When do you recieve you Wristbands for the Event? Do you pick them up a hour or so before closing somewhere like City Hall, or is there another procedure?

Also...Trick or Treating: You dress up and go around to the different shops/attractions/etc. ....and recieve candy? Is this how it works here? I would like to dress up, but i am traveling light and the thought of bringing a costume may be a problem. I suppose i could go as a "Tourist" or "CM"...Hee hee...( just kidding!)

GREAT news to hear about the rare characters out. I have heard much about this in the past. I hope the Gargoyles ( from both the tv series, and HBOND) are there!

One more question: Someone above noted something about a complimentary photo from the party. Can you tell me more about this? Is it with a character?

Thanks again everyone for all your feedback. I leave next Tuesday and i am already PUMPED for this event thanks to the above feedback! :)

I believe we got our wristbands as we went in. There are several different stations marked for trick-or-treating. It's usually a (very quick) line, and there are people giving you candy. You get a bag when you go in.

The free photo is taken at the party and mailed to you. We received ours about 5 days after we got home. It's a family photo infront of the MNSSHP logo backdrop.

figment1985

I will be there on Sept 15 as well. Does anyone know if the first night of the party is very crowded???

Also- do you get candy if you don't have a wristband??

Do people dress up on the first night?

shari71

This year is a little different. The park is open till 7 for regular guests and the party starts at 7 for hard ticketed guests. I don't know how they are going to get the guest out at 7 when the party starts at 7.

You used to be able to enter at 4:00 with your ticket and they gave you the wristband when you entered. They check for the wristband before entering lands and rides. If you don't have it then you don't get in. But I don't know what will stock non-wristbanded people from watching the parade and fireworks.

The free picture in the past was without characters and just a MNSSHP background. I think this year they have changed this to not give out free pictures, but to give you a discount on MNSSHP PhotoPass pictures. Can't remember where I read that.

The party is a blast and we are doing it again in Oct. Just some concerns about some of the changes. Waiting to see what happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom