First look INSIDE The Land

General Grizz

Original Poster
Enjoy:

313landover.jpg

Notice the newly painted portions of the pavilion visible on the bottom, left. (A small dome once existed on top of this area, but so far, it has not returned). Meanwhile, letters are being added to the pavilion marquee (right). A new walkway has been constructed to the left of the pavilion (top, left), indicating that this side will be the pavilion’s potential designated entrance.

313landleft.jpg

More indications (red dividers) that the left side of the pavilion has been designed for the pavilion's entrance (above). They have probably been installed to help with guest flow into the pavilion.

The balloons have been added back to the pavilion, as we had posted in last week’s Newsbrief. Each balloon is themed to a different season, and, apparently, the “buckets” that hang down from the balloons are now decorated to reflect their respective season. Notice that butterflies hang down from the spring balloon, leaves hang from the autumn balloon, and snow flakes "fall" from the winter balloon:

landballoonbottoms.jpg

- with a few more over at www.d-troops.com, photos courtesy of Sparky83

maxime29

Premium Member
Looks like they are expecting longer lines for Soarin? And those costumes look snazzy!

Thanks for the update Grizz!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
oh man, i missed the ballon confirmation. i know that you had said this was going to be the case with the seasons and all, but to confirm is wonderful news. :sohappy:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Yep. The dividing railings will be pretty much necessary. You'll have the thousands of guests coming in for the food (Garden Grille, Sunshine Seasons), those wanting to see the attractions (Living with the Land, Circle of Life), and the other thousands going to see the latest hype, Soarin'. This thing will be what Body Wars was to Wonders of Life. . . but I'm glad Disney kept with the themes of "Seasons." :)

CTXRover

Awesome. Thanks for the pics! :sohappy: See all the worrying about the balloons when they were removed last November/December was all for nothing. They've returned with a great new theme that centers around the 4 seasons, as the previous ones did, but in a much more obvious way that can be appreciated by all. I really like the new entrance planter and sign as well. Neat to see the new sign match the original tile border of the entrance and the possibility of a pond or some other water feature in the planter. I'm more confident now that the re-do will be nicely done and within the theme of the "land".

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Very nice update! I wonder where the stroller parking will be.... I'm liking the "4 Seasons" theming, so far. I'll be very anxious to see the pavillion when I'm down there starting 4/30!

DarkMeasures

May it be safe to say we are approaching the Land's golden age?

Also I have a question. Under the circle of life theatre, there are automatic doors? Did it use to be you entered from the top and exited from the bottom?

Is anything being done to reclaim that area right there?

KaliSplash

DarkMeasures said:
May it be safe to say we are approaching the Land's golden age?

Also I have a question. Under the circle of life theatre, there are automatic doors? Did it use to be you entered from the top and exited from the bottom?

Is anything being done to reclaim that area right there?

Yes, You entered at the top and exited on the bottom floor. Don't know what the status will be, but I expect that will be unchanged.

Kwit35

Ohhhh, I can't wait to see how it looks in there. Will the ride 'the land' change at all? Or will it still be the same as before?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom