First Ever Half Marathon race report!

tink65

Erin, I loved reading your trip report! You are truly an inspiration...... I hope to see ya at the Wine & Dine!

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Wonderful job Erin. Your story is so inspirational and it has been a pleasure 'tracking' your progress as you got closer to your goal. I know a lot of us were concerned back in Sept/Oct time when you 'disappeared' from the usual posts. It brings a tear to my eye in reading your report knowing a little of your story and how far you have come.

Best of luck with the continued training and FYI, my DW (who was asking how you did in the 1/2) did the Goofy this year and loved the full alot better than the 1/2.

WOw congrats to your wife too! What made her like the full more than the half? Aside from the HUGE accomplishment?? The course? The entertainment? I am very curious since we want to do the full next year!

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Erin, I loved reading your trip report! You are truly an inspiration...... I hope to see ya at the Wine & Dine!

Looking forward to it! am hoping we can get a place at Boardwalk! I have to use the seven month window before i can book, so i am calling THAT VERY DAY!

Disney Dawg88

Erin - thanks so much for your report, I'm glad to hear you and your husband did so well. I thought about you when I was running and thought that I might run into you at some point. I couldn't forget your posts about how worried you were about a couple of different things, mainly about getting "swept up" :lol:. I'm very happy for you and glad to hear that you guys are planning more runs in the future. Keep it going! Congrats again!!!!!! :sohappy:

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Erin - thanks so much for your report, I'm glad to hear you and your husband did so well. I thought about you when I was running and thought that I might run into you at some point. I couldn't forget your posts about how worried you were about a couple of different things, mainly about getting "swept up" :lol:. I'm very happy for you and glad to hear that you guys are planning more runs in the future. Keep it going! Congrats again!!!!!! :sohappy:
Thanks very much! Hopefully we can get a large group from here together for a breakfast/lunch/dinner get together during Wine and Dine!

I get so much inspiration from this great group!

Disney Dawg88

Thanks very much! Hopefully we can get a large group from here together for a breakfast/lunch/dinner get together during Wine and Dine!

I get so much inspiration from this great group!

That would be great, if I'm able to run in the race I'll definitely be in for the breakfast/lunch/dinner get together! And if we can't put one together for the W&D maybe we can for next years marathon weekend.

TakeMeThere81

AWESOME race report!!! I don't even know you personally and I'm so proud of you! I remember your last report, I remember congratulating you on the weight loss. Wow, you are an inspiration!

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Thanks very much! It was like a dream running that race with my hubby! We cannot WAIT for Wine and Dine!!! We are doing a half in Mississippi in April.

Andrew54

Erin, Great Job! I too have made quite a transformation and have become a very active runner. I did not get to go to Disney this year, but a Disney marathon is on my to do list for sure. Congrats!

Texas84

I think WDWMagic should come up with some TEAM WDWMAGIC shirts for the races. I would even be willing to pay for it. I saw Team AllEars shirts during the January races. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom