First cruise tips?

sweetpee_1993

Congrats! You'll have to take lots of pics to share with us since February will be after the Magic has her drydock overhaul this fall. ;)

Tips. There's so many! Browse the cruise FAQs here and don't be shy to ask questions. Questions are a very good thing!

Laughinplace

Original Poster
Kelly is so right about the pictures. I can't wait to see what she looks like after the overhaul! :)
Congrats! You'll have to take lots of pics to share with us since February will be after the Magic has her drydock overhaul this fall. ;)

Tips. There's so many! Browse the cruise FAQs here and don't be shy to ask questions. Questions are a very good thing!
I'm just getting a new camera so I'll post a trip report after the trip with the new upgrades :)

disneyfan1995

If you're prone to sea sickness make sure you take precaution (the ear patch or pick up some of the motion sickness pills they have outside of the medic office).

HollyAD

Bring along some Meclizine (my medicine of choice for seasickness!). We just cruised in early march and it was a little rough! But also bring along sweatshirts and jeans for night time enjoyment on the deck where it can get a little chilly. Have a great time : )

Laughinplace

Original Poster
Bring along some Meclizine (my medicine of choice for seasickness!). We just cruised in early march and it was a little rough! But also bring along sweatshirts and jeans for night time enjoyment on the deck where it can get a little chilly. Have a great time : )
Can we get Meclizine at the local pharmacy or does it have to be prescribed?

HollyAD

I was able to find it at Rite Aid. I was surprised to see it OTC but it wasn't a highly advertised motion sickness drug like dramamine. I bought a pack of 8 for about $3 so I figureed even if it didn't work then I didn't waste the $10 on dramamine, which I think has benedryl and makes me too tired. The meclizine didn't make me too tired to do things that day so I was happy I tried it. But I would talk to the pharmacist at the drug store about it before taking it, esp if you are on other meds or have any conditions. :)

Soarin2u

Oh, you'll love it! I adore the cruises! I don't know much about the magic sadly, even then it's Disney and they rarely fail to make and enjoyable experience!

! As everyone else said, bring the medications! Oh, my trip would have been miserable if my family had not had any form of medication! That is probably the #1 got to have... Other than clothes....

Bring extra clothes, this is a "no duh" for any vacation but trust me, you'll see why. Along with clothes, bring some warm stuff, jackets, maybe a sweater, etc. Febraury is certainly not warm and the breeze of the ocean can be quite cold, you'll want it.
Last but not least you will want to bring some fairly decent, nice clothes for the dinner. I am not aware of what the Magic requires for their nicer restaurants but, just in case, maybe bring that nice blouse.

Have fun getting use to a rocking boat! I know the ship is gigantic but that does not mean you can't feel the boat sway. When your off the ship, your walking will feel very bizarre. Just a heads up.

Depending on the length of the trip, don't attempt to get everything in at once! You'll get bored eventually if you already crammed everything in. Just relax, enjoy the time being away.

Meet people, it can make the trip more enjoyable. My parents meet a British Family once that made the trip so much more worthwhile. The only thing I must say is, this is certainly not a top priority, it is that I want you to be open to meeting people. If you have kids, encourage them too.

Late at night is a great time for a walk. No people, kids, or noise. Just you, the ship, ocean and the fresh air.

Be open. Try new things. It's Disney, there no reason to worry if it may kill you. Try interesting food and stepping out of your comfort zone.

Use Port Adventures (on ship) to plan anything you want to do at the ports. It ensures what you can do and trust while you're there. Things can get expensive though so watch out!

Beware the stairs! I remember I was on a 3 day trip to the Bahamas and twice, TWICE, I had to go from deck 2 to deck 11... 11! Since Magic has fewer floors, I wouldn't worry so much but, even then, it is tiresome. The only reason I had to go twice was because, they thought it'd be a great idea to check maintence of the elevators, twice, in 3 days. *Sigh*

Don't over pack. Take what you need, not what you want and think you need. You'll hate packing it all back together. Your room is small you'll want all the space you can get.

Pictures. You will want to remember these moments.

Don't over drink. A hangover is already no fun, do not let it ruin your vacation.

Trust you gut. When you feel that something is unsafe, it probably is. (This does not mean I don't want you to step out of your comfort zone!)

Last of all! Enjoy. Don't worry about the pets, or your home. Enjoy and relax! It's vacation, let Disney do it's job!

Good luck! My Mickey Friend!

Sumrdog

We brought a deck of cards along and I am glad we did. We asked in several of the lounges and they didn't have any to borrow...then I found the ones I brought. I am sure they sell them in the gift shop too. anyway we had a lovely time playing cards.

Also I brought about 12 clothes pins, which made it a lot easier to get everyone's bathing suits on the little clothesline in the shower together.

And I want to second the tip about not bringing too many clothes. We didn't bring a lot, I was able to do laundry twice, it was easy and painless the room key paid for everything in the laundry room. So you don't need quarters. We were lucky enough to be directly across the hall from the laundry room, so it was easy to check for an available machine.

Pack your own sunscreen and aloe or other sunburn relief stuff, because if its hot and sunny the gift shop will sell out.

Have lots and lots of fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom