Trip Report First 6 pack Vaca!

Who: Top to bottom, left to right.
1E2669B7-6319-4609-9FE7-11AB5D0A091F.jpeg
Me (Dolly Parton made a song of my name 😜), Hubby, Bear(8), Handsome (5),Ninja (8) and Jet (10).
What: We were supposed to go on a 40th birthday extravaganza for me back in March both of our extended families were set to join the festivities. When COVID hit we changed locations to Arizona however I still wanted my Disney fix. So we are surprising the kids on their last day of school and heading to WDW. This will be our first family vacation without any extended family (no grandparents, cousins etc). We are excited to spend quality time with our kiddos.
A few pictures from my 40th celebration.
D91AC148-34D5-4232-B728-E13159FA2E11.jpeg
3966BC93-72BF-425B-A3B5-555A45A3B4E2.jpeg
5F6DADAE-EDA1-4A72-B9E6-BADC6D3884E0.jpeg
7719F41A-B202-4D0D-BCC2-FFA8A666CC8B.jpeg
Where: AOA Cars family suite. The girls love AOA for the Ariel rooms however since we don’t have the grandparents to bunk up with we are trying out the Cars suites. Handsome adores Cars so it was a no brainer when choosing theming.
When: May 27-June 1st, 5 day tickets with Park Hopper. I totally goofed on Park reservations. I booked a lot of DHS in the beginning to make sure we had a chance at ROTR. Our younger 3 haven’t been to WDW since 2017 since our last trip was to DLR. Well long story short by the time I went in to change them every park was booked up! So there will be a lot of park hopping this trip.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The suites at AoA are really nice. The beds are so super comfy.

Honestly park hopping is where it's at anyway, especially since your kids are older. Aside from MK none of the other parks are fun for a full day. It's nice to do some things at one park and then some things at another park. Keeps it fresh.

Good luck with the virtual queue. Try not to stress out to much about it!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Handsome is now 5😭!
BF077BFC-1B5F-42EB-958C-B4BB4CBB48A8.jpeg

I can’t believe he is off to Kindergarten in the fall. It happened so quick!!! Our plan was to go no stroller this trip. Now that park hopping is going to be required I’m double guessing. Any thoughts from fellow magicians? We are typically park open to close people so we will definitely do a lot of walking!!
Our current plans:
May 27th- our flight does not land until 11pm so late night arrival.
May 28th- DHS reservation. We have lunch at Mama Melrose and dinner at Beaches and Cream. I plan to cancel one of those I just can’t decide which one. We plan to spend this whole day at DHS with an afternoon break for swim time. Can’t wait for our first rides in the skyliner!

May 29th- MK! We haven’t been to MK since 2017 and my heart can’t take another day away. I fully expect there to be some tears!! Lunch will be at Tony’s. May park hop over to Epcot for a little bit this day but want to end at MK since it will be our only evening there.

May 30th- DHS morning, pool break, park hop to DAK, Sanaa dinner after park close. This was suppose to be our full AK day until I messed everything up!

May 31st- DHS again! Early lunch at Sci fi then park hopping to Epcot. Dinner at Via Napoli.

June 1- Our flight leaves at 4 so we will have a few hours at MK that morning. An early lunch at Plaza and then we are off😢.

I know this trip is going to fly by but I can’t wait to spend a few days in the bubble with this crew.
A5537B28-B430-4A54-AB8E-95A999BC8321.jpeg

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
The suites at AoA are really nice. The beds are so super comfy.

Honestly park hopping is where it's at anyway, especially since your kids are older. Aside from MK none of the other parks are fun for a full day. It's nice to do some things at one park and then some things at another park. Keeps it fresh.

Good luck with the virtual queue. Try not to stress out to much about it!
It was hard to park hop when they were little so I am hoping with age comes wisdom and no whining😜. Would you go stroller or no stroller?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
It was hard to park hop when they were little so I am hoping with age comes wisdom and no whining😜. Would you go stroller or no stroller?

I'd likely park hop that first day instead of spending the whole day at DHS but I like the breakdown you've got going on. Everyone always complains about how much of a time suck park hopping is, but I haven't found it to be that bad. Especially if you're taking pool breaks, and do one park in the morning and a different one in the afternoon. That's what we do a lot.

krause

Yay to the stroller. Took my daughter at 4 and a half and she did walk quite a bit but it was nice to have the stroller for when she got whiny and we like open to close so by the end of the day she definitely needed it. Also good if you’re in a rush to get somewhere, to hold all your stuff, and if he’s doing good you can always park it in a more central location and pick it up after you’ve done a few attractions.

John Dulmage

Who: Top to bottom, left to right. View attachment 557035Me (Dolly Parton made a song of my name 😜), Hubby, Bear(8), Handsome (5),Ninja (8) and Jet (10).
What: We were supposed to go on a 40th birthday extravaganza for me back in March both of our extended families were set to join the festivities. When COVID hit we changed locations to Arizona however I still wanted my Disney fix. So we are surprising the kids on their last day of school and heading to WDW. This will be our first family vacation without any extended family (no grandparents, cousins etc). We are excited to spend quality time with our kiddos.
A few pictures from my 40th celebration. View attachment 557188View attachment 557189View attachment 557190View attachment 557191Where: AOA Cars family suite. The girls love AOA for the Ariel rooms however since we don’t have the grandparents to bunk up with we are trying out the Cars suites. Handsome adores Cars so it was a no brainer when choosing theming.
When: May 27-June 1st, 5 day tickets with Park Hopper. I totally goofed on Park reservations. I booked a lot of DHS in the beginning to make sure we had a chance at ROTR. Our younger 3 haven’t been to WDW since 2017 since our last trip was to DLR. Well long story short by the time I went in to change them every park was booked up! So there will be a lot of park hopping this trip.
Love the family photo of O-H-I-O!
We’ll be down close to that time across the pond at POP. Checking in on the 31st. Hope you have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom