Fireworks Testing at EPCOT?

TimeTrip

Its a good move, just interested in why it was shot from the UK for so long, and now gets moved.
IMO the effect is much less dramatic when viewing from World Showcase Plaza. Since it's a head-on view, it actually doesn't have as much visual impact.

Rob562

IMO the effect is much less dramatic when viewing from World Showcase Plaza. Since it's a head-on view, it actually doesn't have as much visual impact.

Try watching the show from somewhere else. The move of the comet improved the view from my two favorite viewing locations.

-Rob

RunnerEd

Try watching the show from the Torri Gate in front of Japan. It's stunning with Spaceship Earth in the background and then you can take a leislurely stroll to the front of the park when the show is over.

TimeTrip

Try watching the show from the Torri Gate in front of Japan. It's stunning with Spaceship Earth in the background and then you can take a leislurely stroll to the front of the park when the show is over.

World showcase plaza is my new favorite spot because of the symmetry of the show, proximity to the pyro, and the sloped viewing area. I was thinking maybe that is the reason why that opening shot was originally shot from elsewhere since the show was designed to be viewed (?) from the plaza. I will certainly need to give Japan a whirl.. though I find that there are a bunch of trees around there making viewing tricky on a crowded evening:)

HamFam

What is the ALF?

I know this is a serious conversation, but doesn't someone have to point out that Alf is a lovable furry character from outer space that lives with the Tanners and seems to like eating cats? Easy joke but had to be said.

I actually love that show so much and it has so much sentimental value for me and my family that it freaks me out a bit everytime this discussion comes up!

Father Robinson

I find it odd that they are now rumoring a new show. They just replaced/upgraded at least 75% of the pyro. During the sequence of art, culture, and music the pyro is much more impressive just as one example. I realize the ALF is still out but with the rest of the pyro upgrades it's actually acceptable imo. So is it normal or even likely that they would be redoing the show after such a MAJOR upgrade? Again imo the upgrade/improvements were what i thought TDO responded with to the questions of upgrades to the show.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I find it odd that they are now rumoring a new show. They just replaced/upgraded at least 75% of the pyro. During the sequence of art, culture, and music the pyro is much more impressive just as one example. I realize the ALF is still out but with the rest of the pyro upgrades it's actually acceptable imo. So is it normal or even likely that they would be redoing the show after such a MAJOR upgrade? Again imo the upgrade/improvements were what i thought TDO responded with to the questions of upgrades to the show.
The pyro changes were due to supplier issues. So they were somewhat forced into doing this.

Father Robinson

However it came to be, they made HUGE improvements to that show. The fireworks were already mesmerizing but now they are unbelievable. Also did supplier issues also perfect the timing issues they were having?? Forgive me for saying, but if the pace of the show and the emotional factor that ROE has on people changes, I think the new show (if the rumors are indeed true) is going to fail, regardless of it's new effects. What goes on in ROE is something that most people don't even realize, the pacing. The music has it's ups and downs but what is not commonly known is that it keeps building and building very subtly, so that by the time the finale happens I've actually seen people start to cry just from being so emotionally overwhelmed! I'm all in favor of a few changes if they're needed..let me repeat, IF THEY'RE NEEDED, ROE could benefit from a few minor changes but revamping the whole show to a new concept is a bad idea plain and simple. At least now the current show emcompasses the whole park World Showcase and Futureworld in it's story, obviously WS with all it's cultural history and the finale with a look toward the future. What other show that DIsney has ever had done that?! It's the perfect show for a park like EPCOT, and they came as close to perfection when they created it that I don't see how you could replace it. Like I'm very fond of saying..if it ain't broke yet, be very careful with it!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
However it came to be, they made HUGE improvements to that show. The fireworks were already mesmerizing but now they are unbelievable. Also did supplier issues also perfect the timing issues they were having?? Forgive me for saying, but if the pace of the show and the emotional factor that ROE has on people changes, I think the new show (if the rumors are indeed true) is going to fail, regardless of it's new effects. What goes on in ROE is something that most people don't even realize, the pacing. The music has it's ups and downs but what is not commonly known is that it keeps building and building very subtly, so that by the time the finale happens I've actually seen people start to cry just from being so emotionally overwhelmed! I'm all in favor of a few changes if they're needed..let me repeat, IF THEY'RE NEEDED, ROE could benefit from a few minor changes but revamping the whole show to a new concept is a bad idea plain and simple. At least now the current show emcompasses the whole park World Showcase and Futureworld in it's story, obviously WS with all it's cultural history and the finale with a look toward the future. What other show that DIsney has ever had done that?! It's the perfect show for a park like EPCOT, and they came as close to perfection when they created it that I don't see how you could replace it. Like I'm very fond of saying..if it ain't broke yet, be very careful with it!
Yes the pyro changes were brought about because they original suppliers were not providing a quality product. There were timing and reliability issues, causing a lower quality show.

RoE was designed for a 10 year run. We are obviously quite a way over that now, and technology has moved on a long way. The fountains, lights, and lasers are largely unchanged from the 80s. Some of that gear is 20+ years old.

I agree that caution is needed in any change to the show. I'm one of the RoE's biggest fans, but I do feel that a new show is in order. 13 years of the same show running every night is too much.

Father Robinson

"13 years of the same show running every night is too much."

Very true, however, it's not like it's viewers have seen it every night for 13 years. Some of us have only seen it a few times since it premiered. Each time I'm there, I talk to a lot of people who have been to WDW plenty since 2000 and have never seen it. I guess this is a battle I'll never end up winning, but I would fight for at least elements of ROE to be left alone, such as first and foremost, the music, the pacing, the torches, the preshow music, and the overall emotional aspect that the show has. Also I would hope they would continue playing Promise and the TON music after as well. All I have to say is take out the torches and that lovely preshow music and replace it with ????? You see where I'm going with this? What could they replace all that great scenary with that could top it?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
"13 years of the same show running every night is too much."

Very true, however, it's not like it's viewers have seen it every night for 13 years. Some of us have only seen it a few times since it premiered. Each time I'm there, I talk to a lot of people who have been to WDW plenty since 2000 and have never seen it. I guess this is a battle I'll never end up winning, but I would fight for at least elements of ROE to be left alone, such as first and foremost, the music, the pacing, the torches, the preshow music, and the overall emotional aspect that the show has. Also I would hope they would continue playing Promise and the TON music after as well. All I have to say is take out the torches and that lovely preshow music and replace it with ????? You see where I'm going with this? What could they replace all that great scenary with that could top it?
I would expect in a new show for the torches to remain. The infrastructure is there, it would probably be costly to rip out.

I would expect the music to be changed. Any new show would have to have different music to differentiate itself from the previous show. I'm a big fan of the current score, so I would certainly miss it along with you.

Father Robinson

So how reliable is Screamscape? I mean is it possible there is nothing legitimate about this rumor? I remember a bunch of folks getting all upset about 5-6 years ago about Skydance and nothing ever happened with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom