Fireworks return to DLP

TTA94

I remember reading somewhere it is because of the Festival of Fantasy floats, particularly Mickey's airship. It was bought from Tokyo, where there are virtually no horizontal obstructions on the parade route.

FestivalofFantasyParade-265.jpg

Im sure that float is a issue but is that the only one? If so they could have just swapped it out during the holiday time. I guess where there’s a will there’s a way. There just wasn’t/isn’t a will to save something wonderful and special like the garland. Not much of a will to do many things now a days.

Anyway, moving on lol.

cjkeating

I remember reading somewhere it is because of the Festival of Fantasy floats, particularly Mickey's airship. It was bought from Tokyo, where there are virtually no horizontal obstructions on the parade route.

FestivalofFantasyParade-265.jpg
I remember back in the day lots of theoretical calculations being made... because DLP's Stars on Parade uses old Tokyo floats and I think the Toy Story float is as tall? Or the Peter Pan one? I can't remember.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I remember back in the day lots of theoretical calculations being made... because DLP's Stars on Parade uses old Tokyo floats and I think the Toy Story float is as tall? Or the Peter Pan one? I can't remember.
In Paris the support cables run beyond the rooflines to steel support towers on the rooftops. Counterweights keep them taut and the towers height are far higher than the rooftops to allow float clearance.

I often wonder why Orlando didn’t go to the same effort.

Animaniac93-98

In Paris the support cables run beyond the rooflines to steel support towers on the rooftops. Counterweights keep them taut and the towers height are far higher than the rooftops to allow float clearance.

I often wonder why Orlando didn’t go to the same effort.

You'd think they'd just duplicate them, as the MS buildings are largely the same anyway.

TTA94

So is Disney Illuminations expected to last into the 30th? Or is there a new show planned? If so what’s the odds it’ll be a copy from Shanghai again? Lol.

walt-e

There are rumours about a new show inspired from an existing show from another park so my guess is that it could definitely be a copy of illuminate from shanghai or a copy of cherish the memories from Hong Kong since the whole anniversary celebrations seems to be based on nostalgia and the memories from the 30 past years. This is just my guess.

wtyy21

There are rumours about a new show inspired from an existing show from another park so my guess is that it could definitely be a copy of illuminate from shanghai or a copy of cherish the memories from Hong Kong since the whole anniversary celebrations seems to be based on nostalgia and the memories from the 30 past years. This is just my guess.
I think it sounds more like Remember Dreams Come True, Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland, and EPCOT Forever, which also celebrating their respective parks. Unfortunately, these shows should actually inspired MK fireworks show in pre-pandemic plan, where the plan were ditched and replaced by Disney Enchantment, another clip show.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
If so what’s the odds it’ll be a copy from Shanghai again? Lol.
I think it was @cjkeating who mentioned here that there will be a new show for the 30th, and it's most likely going to be based on Shanghai's new fireworks. Illuminate is better than Ignite the Dream, but there's no feels rush like MK's Happily Ever After (may it rest in peace, or you know, cross the pond).

I think it sounds more like Remember Dreams Come True, Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland, and EPCOT Forever, which also celebrating their respective parks. Unfortunately, these shows should actually inspired MK fireworks show in pre-pandemic plan, where the plan were ditched and replaced by Disney Enchantment, another clip show.
Personally, I think it's too early for a show like those you've listed for Paris, but I suppose they want to try something new after having clip shows for years (Fantasy in the Sky '92, Wishes '05, Dreams '12, Illuminations '17). I'd argue though, a show like that should've been done for the 25th.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Disney Illuminations indeed will return on 21 December. The new 30th show actually not yet tested. The 30th show was supposed to featuring more searchlights than any other nighttime spectacular previously seen at DLP.
Maybe Illuminations will be substantially-changed/plussed a la Disney Dreams of Christmas/World of Color: Winter Dreams 2.0? Both shows went under the knife between their premiere and Year 2 versions.

wdrive

French government has banned fireworks on New Years Eve. Will be interesting to see what happens at DLP considering Illuminations is scheduled to return tomorrow.

wtyy21

It appears that some rooftop pyro at Disney Illuminations have been cut or reworked, although not drastically as Disneyland in California does in 2019 and WDW this year. Flames also had been cut as well.

I wonder why some pyro had been cut, whether due to effect of castle's refurbishment like DL does in 2019 or budget cuts/fireworks supply issues due to COVID-19 like WDW does this year?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom