Fire breaks out Enchanted Tiki Room

This is a great time to do a full update to the Tiki Room. Drop the old Poly theme and create zombie flowers that come back from the dead. The birds could sing some modern rap tunes and send text messages to the audience members. I'm looking forward to the improvements.

Yeah, and the tiki gods could be divided into two sides with one blue and one red and have heated political debates while jose and his cronies squawk in thick Jersey Shore accents. And then, Rosita could drop from the ceiling wearing Sarah Palin glasses, and singing a Justin Bieber song. And for the finale, the tiki gods could get mad because none of the guests facebooked them during the show and rain down an electronic twitter storm upon the unwitting guests. And don't forget to see pictures of the whole thing projected on the partners statue later in the evening.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah, and the tiki gods could be divided into two sides with one blue and one red and have heated political debates while jose and his cronies squawk in thick Jersey Shore accents. And then, Rosita could drop from the ceiling wearing Sarah Palin glasses, and singing a Justin Bieber song. And for the finale, the tiki gods could get mad because none of the guests facebooked them during the show and rain down an electronic twitter storm upon the unwitting guests. And don't forget to see pictures of the whole thing projected on the partners statue later in the evening.

I agree. We would be in the same outdated boat in two/three years as we are now.

Clever Name

You all know that in the GMR you can have a different story (i.e. either cowboy or gangster) depending upon the vehicle in which you are seated. I think that a similar deal could be built into the Tiki Room. They could program the characters to sing different songs and have a different story line for each performance. They could program about 25 or 30 different shows and have them play on a random basis just like an MP3 player. Each show could be themed around a particular musical style. You could have a rock and roll show, a country show, a classical show, a big band show, a rhythm and blues show, a jazz show, a rap show and other styles. Some of the shows could be scary rather than the usual boring tiki, tacky boring stuff.

T-1MILLION

You all know that in the GMR you can have a different story (i.e. either cowboy or gangster) depending upon the vehicle in which you are seated. I think that a similar deal could be built into the Tiki Room. They could program the characters to sing different songs and have a different story line for each performance. They could program about 25 or 30 different shows and have them play on a random basis just like an MP3 player. Each show could be themed around a particular musical style. You could have a rock and roll show, a country show, a classical show, a big band show, a rhythm and blues show, a jazz show, a rap show and other styles. Some of the shows could be scary rather than the usual boring tiki, tacky boring stuff.

I was wondering this to an extent. I don't think I am for that specific of music styles but I could be for the more variety especially if they are original music pieces with some traditional tiki polynesian/island flare. After all, that is the overlaying theme.

I seriously think the Enchanted Tiki Room is one of the attractions that could get away with benefiting from the Nextgen personal attraction situation systems where it would not be overly tacky, but could be more subtle and switch things up for entertainment.

pax_65

You could have a rock and roll show, a country show, a classical show, a big band show, a rhythm and blues show, a jazz show, a rap show and other styles. Some of the shows could be scary rather than the usual boring tiki, tacky boring stuff.

Cool idea. Would be even cooler if you could make it interactive - allow the audience a say in what show they get to see. Something like that would go a long way toward pushing some return guests. The way the attraction was, once you saw it you didn't need to see it again for a decade or so...

You could also program special shows for holidays, special events, etc. Opens up a lot of possibilities...

flavious27

Agreed, they could have different shows programed in though I don't think it would based on different styles; that sounds like a richard cheese shtick that only cosmic ray's could do.

pax_65

Agreed, they could have different shows programed in though I don't think it would based on different styles; that sounds like a richard cheese shtick that only cosmic ray's could do.

The sad thing is that I think I prefer Sonny Eclipse's entertainment to the Tiki Birds. But then again, I'm usually eating food while listening to him, so maybe I'm not being objective. :)

flavious27

The sad thing is that I think I prefer Sonny Eclipse's entertainment to the Tiki Birds. But then again, I'm usually eating food while listening to him, so maybe I'm not being objective. :)

Well it is like comparing today's vegas singer to a lounge singer in the 50's and 60's.

T-1MILLION

Well it is like comparing today's vegas singer to a lounge singer in the 50's and 60's.

Agreed. The difference is definitely that Sonny Eclipse fits his atmosphere what they themed that resturant and location to just fine.

The movie birds tossed into the Tiki room..not so much.

flavious27

Agreed. The difference is definitely that Sonny Eclipse fits his atmosphere what they themed that resturant and location to just fine.

The movie birds tossed into the Tiki room..not so much.

I hope that Disney works with Kal David to record more songs for Cosmic Ray's.

As for the Tiki Birds not fitting in, they are tropical birds in a tiki hut. The style of music would work more if it matched the jazz style of the singers. I think changing it at wdw to be more jazzy would work.

Ignohippo

I saw The Country Bears last week (same day as the Tiki fire) and thought how cool it would be of they turned the Bears and the Tiki room into dinner shows (kinda like a combination of Sonny and what they're doing at Be Our Guest).

The restaurants would have much larger capacities than the current shows and I'd bet would be two of the most popular restaurants in MK.:shrug:

flavious27

I saw The Country Bears last week (same day as the Tiki fire) and thought how cool it would be of they turned the Bears and the Tiki room into dinner shows (kinda like a combination of Sonny and what they're doing at Be Our Guest).

The restaurants would have much larger capacities than the current shows and I'd bet would be two of the most popular restaurants in MK.:shrug:

It matters how they could pull it off, if they are just going to put a QSR stall or they are going to actually put some thought into it. Also if it will be a food and show for the whole day or just at the end of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom