Trip Report *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 2 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 3 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 4 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 5 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 6 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 7 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 8 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 9 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 10 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 11 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 12 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 13 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 14 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 15 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Hello!

First off my thank you's to people will be held at the very end of my report. So if you feel like you should be thanked for something, or shown my appreciation for something...you're going to have to wait a while. Nobody cares about you anyway.

Secondly, I used the up-loader on this site for my pictures and it kind of did a number on them. Once I get everything situated with a photo hosting site this will continue. Thing that sucks is all those sites are blocked through my work computer so I am going to have to actually do this on my on time and not works time.

*Warning*

What you’re about to read are my thoughts and feelings from my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. A lot of sarcasm and pointing out the moronic things other humans do…along with their rudeness and pure oblivious behavior to others around them will be written here.

If you put kids on your shoulders to watch fireworks, leave messy food trays at tables or other places other than a trash can for someone else to clean, take flash pictures on or in “dark attractions”, stop in the middle of rows to sit down, talk during shows, pull that metal latch on the hotel door so it stops your door from closing and you continue to open your hotel door and let it slam shut 20 times in a row at 7am and other dumb inconsiderate things…you MIGHT not want to read this.

If you enjoy sarcasm, “decent” photography, food ography, side stories, pictures of people dressed “special”, and most of all ME!!! Then you are in the right place.

Swear words might be abbreviated. I may think that things YOU do are ignorant and inconsiderate to others around you. Please don’t be offended. LEARN from it. Don’t cry about it. I am not going to argue with you or justify why you should be beat with wet dish rags because you like to hang out and talk with other guests in your party in doorways leading to the entrance/exit of an attraction or the middle of stairs. There is just no hope for you.

This report is made to be funny. It is also made to be serious and informative as well. I don’t have ANY behind the scenes knowledge but I do feel like I have a pretty good grasp on how to have a pretty great time in Disney World and where you should eat delicious food.

I take a TON of photographs and I work rather hard to get good photographs not only for myself but for all of you to hopefully enjoy as well. I pride myself in taking awesome food photographs. I like to feel someone responsible for the big “boom” on this around here.

When I first started planning Disney Trips on my own I always wanted to see what the food looked like before I arrived. There was really NOWHERE to find it. So, I said to myself “Take pictures of EVERYTHING you eat and see and post them to help other people in the same boat as you.” I am a picky eater, which is why this was important to me. I hope along the way I have helped some people out. I hope this report does too. I took 3,444 photographs on just MY camera alone!

This trip is two years, well it WAS two years in the making.

The cast of this trip my fiancée Colleen and me.

Here I am...

ALS_01.jpg

Here is Colleen, she is so hood.

ALS_03.jpg

Also an "Artist"

ALS_04.jpg

...and the much needed couple post...

ALS_02.jpg

We knew we were going to, and when we were going to go but we booked it for real in April. That was the deadline so that we could do our 180+10 dining reservation thing.

We booked All Star Sports Resort arriving on October 9th and departing October 23rd! I missed the big turf field and being able to go out there and throw football after a long day of Typhoon Lagooning, Dining and Park Hopping. But that plan would soon crumble just like most of our plans this trip.

After calling and speaking to Disney World for what feels like 80 times checking for further discounts on the Cast Member plan never ever never once did they mention to me “Oh by the way, the food court at All Star Sports will be closed during your stay.” I had to accidentally find out about it on here.

So now we are faced with our first “White People Problems” of the trip.

Stay at All Star Sports and use Movies and or Music Food Courts?

Or…

Try for Art of Animation or Pop Century which we both hated on a previous trip?

We ended up at Pop because Art of Animation was booked solid. We figured we could walk across The Generation Gap Bridge and eat at AoA because that was really the only thing that appealed to us about staying at AoA in the first place. So here we are now at a hotel we both really did not want to stay at. We are 3 months out and we are already switching things around that we really did not want to switch at all. We almost considered spending more money and staying at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach. It just did not make sense because we do not spend a lot of time at the resort, or so we thought…

About a month our from our arrival date I got an email asking if I wanted to participate in testing for Magic Bands. Umm, of course I do. You just made me feel really important by sending me this email. So we selected our colors and a day later we got these via UPS!

ALS_1377.JPG

ALS_1379.JPG

A few days later our Magical Express packet came.

Now all that is left is our trip. No more ADR’s, no more waiting for things in the mail…the next big step is near.

ALS_1380.jpg

Day 1 10/9/2013

Finally…The day has come. Up at 3am, well alarm is set for 3am. We don’t have to leave until 4am. I think we dragged ourselves…yes we still had to drag ourselves out of bed knowing what was waiting for us a few short hours away. I think we left the house at like 4:15am for the 25-30 min right to Pittsburgh International Airport. Pretty weird that it’s 25 minutes from Pittsburgh though. Oh well.

We got to the airport checked our bags got through security all less than 10 minutes. Our gate for Air Tran was as far away as possible. I never have been that far back in the airport. The funniest thing I noticed at the airport is that it was 5:20am and Quaker Steak and Lube was about to open up. (Skip ahead 15 days) We passed it again when we returned home at 9:50pm and they were closed. That is pretty weird.

(Back to present time)

It is now time to board our flight. Our flight was pretty full. Normally our plane is half full but there were not too many seats open on our plane. AWESOME flight though. No bumps or dips at all. We arrived at MCO in about 1 hour and 50 minutes. 25 minutes earlier than posted. Sorry no airplane pictures. It was dark the whole time and then nothing but clouds. We came out of the clouds and landed 5 minutes after.

I know where I am going once we get off the “monorail” at MCO but it always strikes me as odd that they have pretty much zero signs saying where to go to check in for The Magical Express. Oh well…good thing I am not new at this. This is really all the help you get, but it is down on the bottom floor when you should pretty much already know where you are going!

DSC_0022.JPG

Then at the 2 mile point we saw this...

DSC_0024.JPG

To be continued...

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 1 10/9/2013 Continued...

Up next is Haunted Mansion. My favorite attraction in all of Disney World. Not the best, but it’s easily my favorite! Except now it's all screwed up because of FP+ and the front of it looks like absolute rubbish now. Whatever though.

DSC_0281.JPG

DSC_0282.JPG

DSC_0283.JPG

DSC_0284.JPG

DSC_0285.JPG

DSC_0294.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0302.JPG

DSC_0303.JPG

DSC_0305.JPG

The ghost effects in the mirrors were not working right when we went through at the end. Oh well. We will be back!

To be continued!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

We wanted to see the new bathrooms that everyone has been raving about. So after Haunted Mansion and before Wishes we thought we would stop and check out the area!

DSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0317.JPG
DSC_0318.JPG

DSC_0319.JPG

Pretty cool area. The bathrooms were pretty trashed though.

While cutting through Tomorrowland to get to Main Street for Wishes, The Castle show started. I completely forgot they still did that. We got out to Main Street and I have never seen anything like what I saw. There was barely any street space to watch. There would be no setting up my tripod and getting Wishes pictures. None.

We actually did manage to squeeze into Main Street thanks to people leaving after the Castle show. The music started and the horns blared. The lights when out and Jiminy began. Stars were shooting, and Tink flew across the sky. This might be my favorite Disney attraction. The music just matches it perfectly. I could watch this every single night.

After Wishes it was a stampede to get out. Since we were close to the exit it was not that bad. We got to our bus stop…THE LAST BUS STOP there were not that many people waiting. In fact I think we made first bus. We stood. But we could have sat. We just stood because there was a lot of little kids and old folks so rather than sit down just to get up…we just stayed up.

Back at Pop I wanted to eat again so I tried the Peperoni Bread...

DSC_0323.JPG

It was not bad at all. The salad was kind of weak though. I was happy to finally get a chocolate cake as well.

We got back to the room and unpacked. Put our clothes and toiletries away, showered and went to sleep in our legit King bed. I said legit cause at home our 25 pound boxer sleeps in our king bed and somehow hogs the whole thing. Good night everybody!

That is all for the first day. I need to get these photos on a photo hosting site. This uploader on here is killing my pictures. Only thing is, all the photo sites at work are blocked!!! So now I have to actually do this at home, on my own time? Ughhh!!! I'll figure it out though!

Thanks for coming by everyone. I hope you have enjoyed what you saw/read so far. There is a TON more to come and as always...

To be continued...

Kev1417

I'm really interested on your opinion of POP after staying there for a 2nd time. My wife and i stayed there last Jan. and HATED it. The walls were paper thin, food court was CRAZY, and don't get me started on the buses. The wait for the buses is longer than some of the rides. You don't have to be told what it was like going FROM the parks to the resort. This was during the "slow" season as well. Don't think we'll ever stay there again.

PS.....I think you need to start a thread of crazy pictures of things you've seen in Disney. Or show us your Tom Bricker tattoos

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm really interested on your opinion of POP after staying there for a 2nd time. My wife and i stayed there last Jan. and HATED it. The walls were paper thin, food court was CRAZY, and don't get me started on the buses. The wait for the buses is longer than some of the rides. You don't have to be told what it was like going FROM the parks to the resort. This was during the "slow" season as well. Don't think we'll ever stay there again.

PS.....I think you need to start a thread of crazy pictures of things you've seen in Disney. Or show us your Tom Bricker tattoos

Rather than make you wait till the end of this thing...god knows when that will be...

We really really enjoyed Pop this time around.

Everything we hated about it was completely different this time. It sort of looks like you had all the same problems we did. I guess it is just a hit or miss resort. You do hear quite a bit outside your doors but we RARELY (Unless it was SCREAMING kids) heard anything through the walls.

I can't start a thread for those people who are "different". It is already mean enough that I post them in my own private little report...I don't want to even try and start something like that. If you want to do it I will contribute...but I aint starting it! Hahaha

bmarkelon

I wanted to head down to The Contemporary Café to see if they had Strawberry Cupcakes. Of course not. So I took some pictures of what they had…

Red Velvet Cupcake

View attachment 38762

Worms in Dirt Cupcake

View attachment 38763

Monster Cupcake

View attachment 38764

Root Beer Float Cupcake

View attachment 38765

View attachment 38766

and we are off to The Monorail to go to Magic Kingdom!

It was a freaking zoo before we even got through the gates. Between Magic Bands not working, and idiots just having no clue why they even have a Magic Band on. Inside the park was just insane. More on that in a minute. I want to walk in and see The Castle and smell The Confectionery. That view, coming around that corner regardless if you enter from the right side or the left is not describable with any words or typing. Even though all of you reading this know exactly what I mean, and how that feeling is…you can’t describe it and do it any sort of justice. Especially when they sky is pink from the sun setting right before dark. Man…

Anyways, Main Street was a complete zoo. The sidewalks were LOADED with people waiting for Main Street Electrical Parade. That was almost refreshing because I knew it was a mad house but with everyone waiting for the parade I figured ride wait times would be manageable. Wuuuhh Wuuuuh!!! NOT! Haunted Mansion STEADILY had a 35 minute wait. I NEVER in my life saw it go past 10 minutes. Pirates was the lowest with….TWENTY MINUTE WAIT!!! We waited it was more like 15 minutes. During our wait this lady in front of us had this “awesome” tattoo of her crazy son…

View attachment 38767

This thing looked nothing like him. In fact this tattoo is creepy and I would pay money to see it when she is 60. She would have been better off with a Tom Bricker ( @WDWFigment ) in his Elf costume tattoo. Pirates was pretty much left in the same shape it was in when we visited in 2011. No projection of Black Beard. The mermaid thing would have been cool if it did not look like someone took a flash picture of the water next to you. The mermaid song was cool and creepy. Pretty fitting for that section of the ride.

To be continued...

Digging the title, how can you not hop on this party train.
I agree on that mermaid thing, was hoping for more but digged the creepy tune. I don't know what to do at Cali Grill now. I have always ordered the Pork and assumed I would have to check out the updated version but I would do dirty things with that filet, looks pretty magical.

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I agree on that mermaid thing, was hoping for more but digged the creepy tune. I don't know what to do at Cali Grill now. I have always ordered the Pork and assumed I would have to check out the updated version but I would do dirty things with that filet, looks pretty magical.

Get the filet. Dooooooo ittttttt!!!!!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

Get the filet. Dooooooo ittttttt!!!!!!

I can vouch for the CG filet, too. Out of this world. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom