Trip Report *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 2 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 3 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 4 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 5 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 6 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 7 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 8 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 9 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 10 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 11 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 12 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 13 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 14 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 15 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Hello!

First off my thank you's to people will be held at the very end of my report. So if you feel like you should be thanked for something, or shown my appreciation for something...you're going to have to wait a while. Nobody cares about you anyway.

Secondly, I used the up-loader on this site for my pictures and it kind of did a number on them. Once I get everything situated with a photo hosting site this will continue. Thing that sucks is all those sites are blocked through my work computer so I am going to have to actually do this on my on time and not works time.

*Warning*

What you’re about to read are my thoughts and feelings from my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. A lot of sarcasm and pointing out the moronic things other humans do…along with their rudeness and pure oblivious behavior to others around them will be written here.

If you put kids on your shoulders to watch fireworks, leave messy food trays at tables or other places other than a trash can for someone else to clean, take flash pictures on or in “dark attractions”, stop in the middle of rows to sit down, talk during shows, pull that metal latch on the hotel door so it stops your door from closing and you continue to open your hotel door and let it slam shut 20 times in a row at 7am and other dumb inconsiderate things…you MIGHT not want to read this.

If you enjoy sarcasm, “decent” photography, food ography, side stories, pictures of people dressed “special”, and most of all ME!!! Then you are in the right place.

Swear words might be abbreviated. I may think that things YOU do are ignorant and inconsiderate to others around you. Please don’t be offended. LEARN from it. Don’t cry about it. I am not going to argue with you or justify why you should be beat with wet dish rags because you like to hang out and talk with other guests in your party in doorways leading to the entrance/exit of an attraction or the middle of stairs. There is just no hope for you.

This report is made to be funny. It is also made to be serious and informative as well. I don’t have ANY behind the scenes knowledge but I do feel like I have a pretty good grasp on how to have a pretty great time in Disney World and where you should eat delicious food.

I take a TON of photographs and I work rather hard to get good photographs not only for myself but for all of you to hopefully enjoy as well. I pride myself in taking awesome food photographs. I like to feel someone responsible for the big “boom” on this around here.

When I first started planning Disney Trips on my own I always wanted to see what the food looked like before I arrived. There was really NOWHERE to find it. So, I said to myself “Take pictures of EVERYTHING you eat and see and post them to help other people in the same boat as you.” I am a picky eater, which is why this was important to me. I hope along the way I have helped some people out. I hope this report does too. I took 3,444 photographs on just MY camera alone!

This trip is two years, well it WAS two years in the making.

The cast of this trip my fiancée Colleen and me.

Here I am...

ALS_01.jpg

Here is Colleen, she is so hood.

ALS_03.jpg

Also an "Artist"

ALS_04.jpg

...and the much needed couple post...

ALS_02.jpg

We knew we were going to, and when we were going to go but we booked it for real in April. That was the deadline so that we could do our 180+10 dining reservation thing.

We booked All Star Sports Resort arriving on October 9th and departing October 23rd! I missed the big turf field and being able to go out there and throw football after a long day of Typhoon Lagooning, Dining and Park Hopping. But that plan would soon crumble just like most of our plans this trip.

After calling and speaking to Disney World for what feels like 80 times checking for further discounts on the Cast Member plan never ever never once did they mention to me “Oh by the way, the food court at All Star Sports will be closed during your stay.” I had to accidentally find out about it on here.

So now we are faced with our first “White People Problems” of the trip.

Stay at All Star Sports and use Movies and or Music Food Courts?

Or…

Try for Art of Animation or Pop Century which we both hated on a previous trip?

We ended up at Pop because Art of Animation was booked solid. We figured we could walk across The Generation Gap Bridge and eat at AoA because that was really the only thing that appealed to us about staying at AoA in the first place. So here we are now at a hotel we both really did not want to stay at. We are 3 months out and we are already switching things around that we really did not want to switch at all. We almost considered spending more money and staying at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach. It just did not make sense because we do not spend a lot of time at the resort, or so we thought…

About a month our from our arrival date I got an email asking if I wanted to participate in testing for Magic Bands. Umm, of course I do. You just made me feel really important by sending me this email. So we selected our colors and a day later we got these via UPS!

ALS_1377.JPG

ALS_1379.JPG

A few days later our Magical Express packet came.

Now all that is left is our trip. No more ADR’s, no more waiting for things in the mail…the next big step is near.

ALS_1380.jpg

Day 1 10/9/2013

Finally…The day has come. Up at 3am, well alarm is set for 3am. We don’t have to leave until 4am. I think we dragged ourselves…yes we still had to drag ourselves out of bed knowing what was waiting for us a few short hours away. I think we left the house at like 4:15am for the 25-30 min right to Pittsburgh International Airport. Pretty weird that it’s 25 minutes from Pittsburgh though. Oh well.

We got to the airport checked our bags got through security all less than 10 minutes. Our gate for Air Tran was as far away as possible. I never have been that far back in the airport. The funniest thing I noticed at the airport is that it was 5:20am and Quaker Steak and Lube was about to open up. (Skip ahead 15 days) We passed it again when we returned home at 9:50pm and they were closed. That is pretty weird.

(Back to present time)

It is now time to board our flight. Our flight was pretty full. Normally our plane is half full but there were not too many seats open on our plane. AWESOME flight though. No bumps or dips at all. We arrived at MCO in about 1 hour and 50 minutes. 25 minutes earlier than posted. Sorry no airplane pictures. It was dark the whole time and then nothing but clouds. We came out of the clouds and landed 5 minutes after.

I know where I am going once we get off the “monorail” at MCO but it always strikes me as odd that they have pretty much zero signs saying where to go to check in for The Magical Express. Oh well…good thing I am not new at this. This is really all the help you get, but it is down on the bottom floor when you should pretty much already know where you are going!

DSC_0022.JPG

Then at the 2 mile point we saw this...

DSC_0024.JPG

To be continued...

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Great pics continue, John. You're rockin' 'em.

I read name tags, too. But how many times do you read one, mention the location, then hear "Oh I'm not from there. This isn't my name tag. I lost mine." Not sure if this is code for "I don't want to talk to you" or what but we've come across that many times. Never hurts to strike up conversation, tho. We struck up conversation with a sweet CPer working in the gift shop at POFQ a few years ago. Found out she was the daughter of one of the guys who owned the engineering firm we both worked for a few years earlier in Louisiana. Her dad was due in to visit within the hour. She arranged for us to meet up with him when he arrived. It was a pretty big company but he remembered us because after Katrina we were the crazy couple who commuted 100+ miles each way to work. It was really great to reconnect so randomly with our lives back in Louisiana. So keep lookin' at boo..err..reading name tags. Never know who you'll find.

Oh! And color me thoroughly impressed that you return to 50s Prime AND still have the ability to order the chicken. I could never do it again! LOL!

Man that is cool. I have struck many conversations with people from reading name tags. It's just most of the time I do not comment on it so it seems weird.

The chicken is too good to pass up and it probably happens more times than people think. I'll never stop eating there!!!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 4 10/12/2013

Magic Kingdom day!

The skies were just amazing again. The crowds were awful but it was a very beautiful day to say the least.

DSC_0806.jpg

DSC_0807.jpg

DSC_0808.jpg

We did a walk through of The Confectionery…
DSC_0812.jpg

Colleen wanted Starbucks so she went there and I told her I would meet her at CoP so I could take some pictures while she was getting her daily dose of crack.
DSC_0813.jpg

DSC_0817.jpg

DSC_0819.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

DSC_0826.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 4 10/12/2013 Continued...

More photos while I wait…
DSC_0827.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0829.jpg

Carousel of Progress became a staple this trip. I do love this show and could easily do it two or three times a day. This trip it was almost a given we would do that because it’s pretty much the only attraction besides Living with the Land that did not have a wait.

Here are the photos from inside CoP…

"I'm just doin me, son."
DSC_0831.jpg

DSC_0833.jpg

DSC_0834.jpg

DSC_0835.jpg

DSC_0836.jpg

DSC_0837.jpg

DSC_0838.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Moving along with the progress theme…

DSC_0841.jpg

John just has the look here like someone is about to get it for back talking him. I hope all of you reading this are familiar with Chappelle’s Show and understand this quote…

“Is Wayne Brady gonna have to smack a bit$#?”
DSC_0842.jpg

Okay…
DSC_0844.jpg

DSC_0845.jpg

DSC_0846.jpg

DSC_0847.jpg

“Give him a left ya big lug!”
DSC_0848.jpg

Jimmy using Patty’s portrait to make his Jack O’ Lantern…
DSC_0849.jpg

DSC_0850.jpg

DSC_0851.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

It’s getting close to our lunch ADR at Be Our Guest so we headed over that way.

The line outside…are these people CRAZY? They looked so miserable and hot just standing there. I mean they give out ice water and umbrellas to people because it is so hot outside. I am sorry and I am getting ahead of myself here but our lunch was good. But it aint THAT good to put myself through that to eat a freaking sandwich and a cupcake.
Once inside which was instantly after I gave my name it was very nice. I will say that. The theme and decorations were pretty awesome. The high up ceilings were fantastic. I LOVE high ceilings.

We were seated in Ballroom.

Colleen had The Tuna Nicoise Salad…

DSC_0855.jpg

I probably should have done a better job with that photo but we were both starving and just wanted to eat.

I had The Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich…
DSC_0856.jpg

DSC_0863.jpg

Very good. No complaints. I will admit it was nice to have something different than my usual burger or dog while eating QSM’s in Magic Kingdom.

Now for dessert Colleen had The Triple Chocolate Cupcake…
DSC_0860.jpg

You all know I had the Strawberry “Cream Cheese” Cupcake…
DSC_0864.jpg

DSC_0865.jpg

Cream Cheese in quotations because I promised I would order two if they gave me regular butter cream icing instead of cream cheese. They obliged and I had ZERO issues with holding up my end of the bargain as well. Those were some really good cupcakes.

After we ate I wanted to check out The West Wing and get a picture of The Rose. Man, with the way this is projected it is really tough to get a clear shot of this thing. After about 12 photos this was the best one…
DSC_0868.jpg

The cool photo that hangs and changes when there is lightning…
DSC_0869.jpg

Ready for my close up…
DSC_0871.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

After lunch we made our way over to see Mickey’s PhilharMagic. This is probably the most underrated attraction in Disney. Not many people list this as a favorite or a “Must Do” but I absolutely LOVE this show. Not one part of it is boring, and it never gets old. I seriously fall in love with it more and more with every time I see it.

After PhilharMagic we had to head back over to Tomorrowland for our Space Mountain FP’s.

After Space Mountain we headed BACK over to Liberty Square to see Hall of Presidents. Another favorite of mine. I am not a historian; I am not political in any way. I really would not consider myself the least bit patriotic either but I LOVE this show. It’s really the only time I feel any of those feelings above.

Now it is over to Frontierland for our FP+ on Big Thunder Mountain.
Man, would you believe that enough time has passed that it’s time to head to dinner? Actually we have a while but it was so crowded and we had no FP+ left till AFTER dinner. So we just decided to get the monorail and hang out in The Grand Floridian…at least pretend like we are guests there…no joke...I took my shoes and laid on a couch.

DSC_0879.jpg

DSC_0880.jpg

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0891.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

The second set of complete idiots that we encountered on our trip. In case you missed butt girl and her oblivious friend from the other day. They were set number 1.
While we were waiting to be seated a couple walks in with their 2 kids. The wife goes to the podium and says…

“We have a reservation at 5pm for 4 guests.”

Hostess: “I am sorry Miss I see your reservation is for 5:45pm.”

Idiot: “Well I called and spoke with someone yesterday and they made me a reservation for 5pm. This is just ridiculous. We got ready in a hurry to get here for 5 and now you’re telling me that my reservation is for 5:45?

Hostess: “I am sorry. I do not know where you called but we do not even open until 5:30pm.”

Idiot: “Well I guess we have to wait now, unbelievable.”

It seriously took every bit of human strength that I have in me not to say something to this idiot. I mean she is crying and moaning her ADR was for 5 when the place does not open until 5:30 and ONTOP of all of that THEY WERE LATE for what they tried to lie about in their 5pm ADR. It's 5:20 now!!! I swear to god people like this should be drowned in front of their kids on Christmas Eve. Look, I get people stretch the truth in Disney to have a better/nicer experience. But to be rude about, and then be “late” for your made up time is just insane. What is REALLY sad here is that had Narcoossee’s actually opened at 5…they would have sat these moron’s. They sat on the couches next to me and I just got up and went outside to take pictures because I had no interest at all in being around people like that.

DSC_0933.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0946.jpg

Time for dinner now…

Small loaf of bread and the salted butter. VERY VERY VERY good!
DSC_0948.jpg

DSC_0949.jpg

For dinner Colleen had The House-made Lobster and Shrimp Fettuccine…
DSC_0950.jpg

I had The Butter-poached Maine Lobster Tail with Grilled Filet Mignon…
DSC_0952.jpg

DSC_0953.jpg

DSC_0957.jpg

I don’t know why I always have such a time getting a good picture of this dish. There are no lighting issues in this place at all. I guess this plate is just my arch enemy.
Anyhow…they changed it up a bit from how they used to do things with this dish here. They used to give you two filet medallions. Now they don’t slice it in half and it is MUCH better this way. The seasonings are different as well. It was good before, but it is much better now.

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Moving to dessert Colleen got the Artisanal Cheese Selection…

DSC_0962.jpg

DSC_0963.jpg

DSC_0965.jpg

I had The Strawberry Angel Cake…
DSC_0968.jpg

This was by no means ANYTHING close to The Shortcake or The Tart I have had here. Not even in the same galaxy. Pretty ed off about this one.
Oh, by the way…if you eat here…request that Amir be your server. He has waited on us our last 2 trips here and he is EXCELLENT. Tell him John and Colleen sent you!

After dinner we roamed around a bit more and I took some photos…
DSC_0976.jpg

DSC_0979.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

DSC_0982.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg

DSC_0986.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

While waiting for the monorails we realized how fast they were speeding by. It took a while but we jumped on one…I mean look at this thing you can barely see it!

DSC_0990.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh back to The Kingdom of Magic!!!!!

DSC_0991.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_0999.jpg

The evening will begin with a bunch of Pirates!
DSC_1007.jpg

DSC_1008.jpg

DSC_1010.jpg

DSC_1017.jpg

Then we did Jungle Cruise. There was a kid sitting next to our skipper who thought everything was real. The kid was either super frightened or super excited. Needless to say our skipper was laughing so hard the whole time she could barely talk and this made for a pretty fun and unique ride.

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Here are a few pictures from The Jungle Cruise area…

DSC_1020.jpg

DSC_1022.jpg

DSC_1024.jpg

DSC_1026.jpg

After Jungle Cruise we were going to make our way to Main Street but wanted to check the wait time at Haunted Mansion first. 45 minutes?!?!?!? No thanks. Quick bathroom stop…
DSC_1027.jpg

Well Main Street was an absolute ZOO again so no photographs of the Castle Show or Wishes.
After the shows we headed back to Frontierland to check out wait times for Splash and Big Thunder. Both were over 60 minutes so we just kinda hung around and I took some pictures…
DSC_1063.jpg

DSC_1073.jpg

DSC_1075.jpg

DSC_1079.jpg

DSC_1086.jpg

To be continued...

Last edited:

Tidbit

Haha no date yet. We enjoy buying stuff for our house and going on vacation so it probably won't be for a while unless we hit the lottery.

there is nothing wrong with waiting! I have been with my guy almost 18yrs, and engaged for 3 of those......we also have no clue "when" we plan to "make it happen!" LOL

bmarkelon

I love Day 4! Grand Floridian is one of my favorite resorts to just soak in the breath-taking atmosphere. LOVE all of your pictures, I can just feel the luxurious vibe. We always hit Philharmagic, it's a big hit in our fam. I tell all of my guests not to miss it and they all thank me for that. I also LOVE Narcoossee's, I got the filet and asked for crab legs instead of the lobster tail....omg. That's the way I'll swing foreva. I have pics of those meals somewhere, I'll have to send them to you. They also treated us to their to die for almond crusted cheese cake, licked that gangsta plate clean. Keep it comin dog, I'm loving it!

flynnibus

Premium Member
This thread is such a let down... no photos of name tags or more shorts. I talked to someone yesterday and they told me there would be some of that here! Unbelievable

Surf and turf at Disney... you be must be a pimp :) And I agree on chappelle :)

fractal

People are idiots! Place doesn't open until 5:30 and they flip out because "somebody" took a 5pm reservation. Actually they're double idiots for first lying about the reservation to try to get in earlier, then not being smart enough to check their "story" with the time the places opens.

Enjoying the pictures ( nice job with the parade! ) and commentary!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
People are idiots! Place doesn't open until 5:30 and they flip out because "somebody" took a 5pm reservation. Actually they're double idiots for first lying about the reservation to try to get in earlier, then not being smart enough to check their "story" with the time the places opens.

Enjoying the pictures ( nice job with the parade! ) and commentary!

It just really added the icing when they were LATE for their supposed 5pm ADR. Idiots.

Kev1417

Try Citricos next trip. We went in sept and just sat at the bar and had a bunch apptz and dessert. DELICIOUS.

Also really enjoying the report. Sounds like you and colleen are exactly like my wife and i when traveling to the the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom