Fine Dining At Disney

themarchhare

Hey guys - I'm going to the world in February. Lately, my dad and I have gone to disney every february for a long weekend because we enjoy the nice weather and the smaller crowds. Last February though (my first time to the world in years - since I was like 8), we encountered a big problem. We weren't given the memo that you practically NEED ADR's at most of the good restaurants. My question is where would you guys suggest I make ADRs for fine (even pricey) dining experiences at parks/resorts/anywhere.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
That's real difficult to say as there are over 100 restaurants in WDW covering all sorts of taste and ambiance.
Generally, Epcot has a number of nice international themed restaurants, one very popular is Le Cellier in Canada which is generally a steak house. The other broad category are the restaurants at the deluxe hotels including but not limited to Yachtsman Steakhouse, California Grille, Artist Point, Citrico's, Narcoossee's, Boma, Jiko and at the top of the list Victoria and Albert's.

Then there are more themed or entertainment meals like O'hana, 50's Prime Time, Hoop de do Review, Spirit of Aloha, Sci Fi Drive In.

Nicer restaurants in the parks include Brown Derby, Tony's, Liberty Tree Tavern, Cinderella's Castle. Only AK doesn't have an upscale restaurant yet.

There is much offered at DTD.

To get a good idea of the offerings of these various locations as well as many more, check out the following great reference:

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

Good luck!

Upvote 0

sleepybear

There are so many, and everyone has an opinion. Here are my favorites:

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge -- Nice, relaxed atmosphere, great food (Try the salmon!) and excellent wine from the Pacific Northwest.

Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge -- Amazing decor, very upscale and it has some of the best dishes at WDW. I can't go there without having their kalamata flatbread and their braised short rib. Wines are from South Africa and cast members love to make suggestions on what to pair with your food.

Le Cellier at Epcot -- Lots of steak. The beer and cheese soup, breadsticks and a Moosehead Pale Ale make a great lunch.

Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney/MGM Studios -- The Cobb salad is amazing. So is the grapefruit cake for dessert.

California Grille at the Contemporary Resort -- Incredible view, excellent food. They have an outdoor viewing area to watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, but reservations for that time fill up fast.

I believe you can make reservations up to 180 days before your trip. Although not necessary, it's highly recommended. Even in February.

Upvote 0

Chape19714

My favorites:

Crystal Palace (character)-Magic Kingdom
Chefs de France-Epcot
Narcoosee's-Grand Floridian
Coral Reef-Epcot
Sci Fi Drive in -MGM
Mama Melrose Restoriante Italiano-MGM
Hollywood and Vine (character for some meals)-MGM
50s Prime Time Cafe -MGM
Le Celliar-Epcot
Earl of Sandwich (no ADR, quick service but good!)-Downtown Disney Marketplace
Hoop De Do Musical Review -Fort Wilderness (dinner show, $$)
and of coarse who can forget everyone's favorite restraunt:

McDonald's! -Downtown Disney Marketplace...:lookaroun

Upvote 0

themarchhare

Original Poster
I appreciate all the help!

I know we were able to get into Artist's Point last year (we stayed at the WL for the first time - I grew up in the Grand Floridian). It was very good!

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Le Cellier - a definite!
Victoria & Alberts - if it's in your price range
Jiko - I've heard great things about it, but personally, I'd rather go to Boma where I can sample a little bit of evertyhing! :slurp:
Chefs de France - we were very impressed with the quality of food! I have been to Paris twice and the food was actually very comparable.
Bistro - probably even better than Chefs de France (we have not dined there yet).
California Grill - amazing

I'm going to say, with all respect to the prior posters, some of the suggestions made are not at all "fine dining." Included in that are: 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi Drive In, Mama Melrose Restoriante Italiano-MGM, Hollywood and Vine (character for some meals)-MGM, Tony's, Liberty Tree Tavern, Cinderella's Castle.
A lot of these places may be enjoyable - but as fas as food quality goes - I can cook a better meal - especially at places like LTT and 50s Prime Time Cafe. :shrug:

Upvote 0

sleepybear

Bistro de Paris was an awesome meal. One of the best I've had anywhere. The downside was that it took a long time. We had the seven-course tasting menu. Three hours later, we finally emerged from the restaurant completely stuffed. It was great experience, but it took up practically all of our only night at Epcot. if we go again, we're going to make sure that's all we have planned for that evening.

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Bistro de Paris was an awesome meal. One of the best I've had anywhere. The downside was that it took a long time. We had the seven-course tasting menu. Three hours later, we finally emerged from the restaurant completely stuffed. It was great experience, but it took up practically all of our only night at Epcot. if we go again, we're going to make sure that's all we have planned for that evening.
Exactly how a dinner in Paris would be. :eek:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Hey guys - I'm going to the world in February. Lately, my dad and I have gone to disney every february for a long weekend because we enjoy the nice weather and the smaller crowds. Last February though (my first time to the world in years - since I was like 8), we encountered a big problem. We weren't given the memo that you practically NEED ADR's at most of the good restaurants. My question is where would you guys suggest I make ADRs for fine (even pricey) dining experiences at parks/resorts/anywhere.
Are you looking for fine dining, character dining or just good table service dining (or maybe some of each)?:veryconfu

Upvote 0

bhg469

We loved Jiko very good and flavorful food. le cellier is good and we never miss it ,but its definitely not the best steak ever. Any steakhouse will produce the same quality. I really enjoy coral reef just cause the dining room is so neat the food is good too but the lobster bisque is amazing.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Coming to a TGI Friday's near you:

From allearsnet.com

All Ears® bids a fond farewell to Chef Anette Grecchi Gray!
Anette will be leaving Animal Kingdom Lodge's Jiko in mid-July. She will relocate to Texas for a new opportunity with Carlson Restaurants World Wide and their TGi Friday's Restaurants.
Anette has been instrumental over the years in bringing excellence to a number of Walt Disney World dining experiences including Narcoossee's, Artist Point and most recently, Jiko.
We wish her all the best in her new adventure!

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

Remember that some of the "Fine Dinning" restaurants at the Resorts have a "business casual" dress code. And V&A's has a more formal dress code. We've seen a guy being asked to put a polo shirt (with a collar, that the restaurant had )over his silk "t-shirt".

Upvote 0

Chezman1399

Flying Fish is an Amazing Restaurant at the Boardwalk. They have a different menu every night. Some of the best Chefs on property. Everything is always fresh, if it's more than 48 hours old they throw it out I believe. It is also many of the Disney executives favorite restaurant. They have fish, but they also have Steak, it runs around the same price as Yachtsman which is around $40-60, and possibly a little more per person.

Upvote 0

sleepybear

Coming to a TGI Friday's near you:

From allearsnet.com

All Ears® bids a fond farewell to Chef Anette Grecchi Gray!
Anette will be leaving Animal Kingdom Lodge's Jiko in mid-July. She will relocate to Texas for a new opportunity with Carlson Restaurants World Wide and their TGi Friday's Restaurants.
Anette has been instrumental over the years in bringing excellence to a number of Walt Disney World dining experiences including Narcoossee's, Artist Point and most recently, Jiko.
We wish her all the best in her new adventure!

Oh, no! I hope this doesn't change the menu too much.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom