Finally phasing out Night of Joy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Next Big Thing

If Disney does fully phase it out, it'll just go on the list of things Disney has done that has helped out Universal (Rock the Universe would get a huge bump... that i'm not sure it can handle).

asianway

Original Poster
Is NOJ 100% Disney or is there a promoter behind the scenes covering a park buy and doing the talent searches?

NMBC1993

I believe you answered your own question.

Pretty sure he didn't. As someone who's been to NoJ I can tell you that I've never seen more polite guests in all my time at the Magic Kingdom. While standing in Tomorrowland, I had the sweetest old lady ask me where the bathroom was located. After explaining the location, she looked at me and said "Thank you young man, god bless you for being so helpful". I didn't have the heart to tell her I'm agnostic, but that's beside the point.

What I'm trying to get at is I'd rather have an entire theme park full of people like that when compared to what we get the rest of the year.

and don't forget about Epcot's Beer and Wine/Flowing Brews and After-Thought Garden Festival. Gotta love those drunks...

Last edited:

Magic Feather

Is NOJ 100% Disney or is there a promoter behind the scenes covering a park buy and doing the talent searches?
I believe that it is either run by, or sponsored by Z88.3 a local Christian music radio station. I always see them on the billboards.

GymLeaderPhil

Night of Joy is primarily attended by teenagers who are sparsely supervised. Imagine the park operating with only the Brazillian tour groups in it. It is by far the worst time to be working at the parks followed by New Year's Eve after they give out all the noise makers.

For example Grad Nights, at least in my experience, was pleasant as they used a TSA-style entrance complete with clear bags for belongings only and a pat down. This was coupled with School specific punishment for trouble. With Night of Joy, you have no repercussions (short of divine intervention) and the ratio of child to adult is a lot larger.

They also close many attractions not as a cost savings measure, but for safety reasons. In preparation for the event they also sweep the park for any freestanding objects that are not bolted down. In fact, the park has to increase the number of security working as well as have additional OCPD on hand.

By moving the concerts to the Sports Complex, Disney doesn't have as much bad press as if they cancelled it outright and it allows them to add more time to the shows. Disney will also win because now the NOJ ticket holders will presumably be at the park with normal Guests. This will cut down significantly on the obnoxious behavior and group mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom