Finally found Rosita in the new BTMR queue

Cmdr_Crimson

the tiki room has asked what happened to rosita for 50 years and disney has put her cage in the new BTMR queue right by the auto-canary machines saw it monday and i flipped

worthless.gif

billDozer

Original Poster
the tiki room in disneyland and now again in wdw have the same line and disneyland is celebrating the tiki rooms 50th anniversary this year so that is probably why they added alittle nod to it in the new BTMR queue i didnt have the time for a picture with the line moving but its right by the new autocanary machines there are a bunch of bird cages hanging from the ceiling and one of them clearly says rosita on it next time any of you are there go check it out for yourself its a fairly large white cage

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Warning: Five Year Thread Bump!!!
I listen to Sorcerer Radio all. the. time. and hear Enchanted Tiki Room soundtrack played a lot and the line "I wonder what ever happened to Rosita." I have always been curious if this is some inside joke (or a removed joke but they did not remove the line from the script). I have tried to track down the answer (including searching threads here) and can't find it, but did find this thread.

So, to any visitors to Magic Kingdom (and to any who know, or think they know what happened) your tasks for today/coming days:
1. FINALLY post a picture here of BTMR that is the reference to Rosita (I bet you @Cmdr_Crimson has probably forgot about this;) or confirm it is not there.
2. What DID happen to Rosita? (or your plausible theory.)

Bairstow

I listen to Sorcerer Radio all. the. time. and hear Enchanted Tiki Room soundtrack played a lot and the line "I wonder what ever happened to Rosita." I have always been curious if this is some inside joke (or a removed joke but they did not remove the line from the script). I have tried to track down the answer (including searching threads here) and can't find it, but did find this thread.

It's actually a bit of stereotypical humor.
Pierre, the "French" bird, is excitedly calling out all the fancy female birds on the birdmobile, all of whom seem to also have dainty-sounding French names (Collete, Joséphine, Gigi, etc.) Afterwards, Jose, the "Mexican" parrot (voiced by a decidedly non-Mexican Wally Boag), wonders where "Rosita" is, the joke being that there's apparently one oddball female bird with a stereotypically Mexican-sounding name and that's the one the "Mexican" parrot is interested in.
The joke hasn't aged particularly well so it's just as well that people aren't "getting" it these days.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Yeah, I have read that explanation and, while it might be just because it is old humor, it doesn't strike me as it.
"What ever happened to" implies that she was there previously but long gone (trying to remember). Said another way, he is remembering her but not why she left or where she went.

Cmdr_Crimson

So, to any visitors to Magic Kingdom (and to any who know, or think they know what happened) your tasks for today/coming days:
1. FINALLY post a picture here of BTMR that is the reference to Rosita (I bet you @Cmdr_Crimson has probably forgot about this;) or confirm it is not there.
2. What DID happen to Rosita? (or your plausible theory.)

Ah Ha Think again! I decided to do a little digging on the interwebs since people are just lazy :hilarious:....And lo and BEHOLD! Inside The Magic Has The Proof!!
From Inside the Magic
https:///wp-content/uploads/2015/05/big-thunder-mountain-railroad-2014-07-27-9864be.jpg

Cmdr Crimson Strikes Again!!!
giphy.webp

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Ah Ha Think again! I decided to do a little digging on the interwebs since people are just lazy :hilarious:....And lo and BEHOLD! Inside The Magic Has The Proof!!
From Inside the Magic
https:///wp-content/uploads/2015/05/big-thunder-mountain-railroad-2014-07-27-9864be.jpg

Cmdr Crimson Strikes Again!!!
giphy.webp
BUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT, shouldn't you have posted it here back in 2013;)

Bairstow

Yeah, I have read that explanation and, while it might be just because it is old humor, it doesn't strike me as it.
"What ever happened to" implies that she was there previously but long gone (trying to remember). Said another way, he is remembering her but not why she left or where she went.
It really is just a throwaway line meant to get a chuckle by juxtaposing different "foreign-sounding" names and Wally Boag's broad "Mexican" accent. It actually sounds like something Boag may have ad-libbed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom