Finally! A PIN code for me!

MissingDisney

At last, I believe they do exist. I finally got a PIN code e-mailed to me. It's for 20, 30, 40% off value, mods and deluxe resorts well into November, which is when we would like to go! Finally, I can get something other than free dining in the fall! :sohappy:

swimmom

I know how you feel!!! I got the same PIN code a few months back and we booked. I had been hoping for the three night free offer, but the PIN code actually was a better deal for us anyway.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

Great news for you!

I just booked 7 nights at All Star Movies, 7 day base tickets and the DDP and the sticker shock is still setting in (lol) HOPING like crazy to get one of those coveted pin codes...maybe free dining? Or room discount? Heck I'll take anything!!! :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

Woo hoo!! Congrats. I was thrilled when I got my first one, which actually led to the booking of my upcoming trip. Glad it worked out to be at a time you can use it.

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

Original Poster
How do you get a pin code?

Yes please share how one can get a pin code. I'd like to get a discount on our trip in June.

There is no method to this madness of PIN codes. Many Disney experts say there is no way to get on "the list" and they are randomly set out by the computer. Whatever the truth, I have no idea. I do know I have done everything possible to try to up my odds of getting one from what I read from others who get them routinely. I get the planning DVD every year, have been to Disney the last 2 years on other promos (other trips were rack rate) and done every survey I've ever been asked to do. I also have saved offers in my Disney vacation account for the time I'd like to go in different price ranges. I have a Disney Visa and buy often from Disney online. But from what I've read, there are several discounts that go out. Your friend may get one you want and vice-versa. Unfortunately, they can only be used by the person they are sent to. I would suggest doing all of the above to increase your chances. Good luck!!!!

Upvote 0

andrew870

Way random

Ive been to Disney World many many times and never received a pin code. My girlfriend booked one night at AKL and has received 2 pin codes in 2 months time.............I give up, maybe the less you reserve they will target that person to travel more instead of the ones they know they got.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

PIN codes are indeed random.

I've received about 6 in the past year. Last one I got was about a month ago. Apparently, Disney really wants me back. :shrug:

I wish I could actually use one of them... or give the discount to someone else who could.

I'm signed up on disney.com, and get the weekly Insider and monthly Disney Destinations emails sent to me. I also log into and price out vacation packages on occasion if I'm looking at a possible trip. Whether or not that has anything to do with it, I do not know. But I can't imagine it hurts.

Upvote 0

cowanfamily

Here's the tag that came with my pin code.

To ensure the delivery of emails concerning Disney Destinations, LLC, to your inbox, please take a moment to add vacation@registration.disneyworld.com to your email address

I used to never get them. A friend of mine told me to call and schedule a trip. Tell them you will pay the deposit within the week. Never pay the deposit, allow the week hold to expire. After doing this a couple of times I started receiving pin codes. Maybe it's a way to push people over the hump that are debating spending the money.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

PIN codes are indeed random.

It may seem that way, but it's not entirely accurate. I pretty much assumed this was the case since we go twice a year and had never received a pin. I spoke with a marketing CM doing a survey at the MK last month. Maybe she was wrong or just blowing smoke, but she confirmed it's not entirely random. There are sections of the process that are random, but there are certain groups who simply aren't ever going to be picked for a pin code. Wouldn't divulge any more than that.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

It may seem that way, but it's not entirely accurate. I pretty much assumed this was the case since we go twice a year and had never received a pin. I spoke with a marketing CM doing a survey at the MK last month. Maybe she was wrong or just blowing smoke, but she confirmed it's not entirely random. There are sections of the process that are random, but there are certain groups who simply aren't ever going to be picked for a pin code. Wouldn't divulge any more than that.

True. I over-generalized/simplified in what I said.

While Disney will factor into an offer a number of demographics (like your address/location, etc.), it isn't a case of someone going through a list and hitting the send button to a specific person.

There are no guarantees in how to get a pin code offer, and without knowing what specifically each pin code offer's marketing strategy is (which Disney obviously won't divulge), in that sense pin codes are indeed random.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom