Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

FigmentForver96

Won’t be able to make the visit for the final showing but did pop in to see it one more time. To enjoy the music, message and inspiration that ROE has provided for 20 amazing years. While promise was playing, you could hear MANY people around me singing along to the words and it felt like a united experience, something Epcot was always intended to be. I know I enjoyed their story that night: Reflections of Earth.

cosmicgirl

I'm still on the fence: 3 nights of RoE or 2 nights of RoE and the first Epcot Forever. I'll get to see the new show in November so the real question is if the atmosphere on the first night will be worth it to skip a night of RoE. Probably not, right?

The crew is leaving the lagoon right now btw.

techgeek

I love the stories of those who flew in from out of state/country just to watch it one last time, watching with/in memory of loved ones - that’s what this show is all about!

We had the opportunity to see the show twice this week. Tuesday from the FP viewing area where we talked to a family that had come down from NC for the final shows, changing their vacation week to accommodate because it was a such a part of their family. They had seen it dozens of times over the years and were just excited to share those memories and their spirit with anyone that would listen. They were already trying, like us all, to figure out a plan for Monday... but the show was home for them, and they were just glad to be with their entire Epcot family seeing it again.

The next night, across the lagoon on an amazingly un-crowded Italian Isola, we had a family of four come up beside us literally during the opening narration. It was such a quiet night, there was plenty of space next to us on the rail for their two younger kids. It was clearly everyone's first time seeing the show. The inferno barge quickly captured their attention and their eyes got fantastically large seeing the Earth barge float out onto stage and start doing its thing. They reacted to every cue. Every lighting change. Every beat, attention unwavering. Jaws dropped when the Earth itself opened for the finale... and hand were held high in the triumph of 'we go on'. As the echos died away, the older kid turned to us and shouted 'That was LIT!' Yes. Yes it was.

Memories continue for one family... and lifelong memories made for another. That's what this show has always been about. It was amazing already being a part of that passion, and seeing it both old and new. Monday will be quite the day.

cosmicgirl

The globe started to move around 10:32 tonight and from what I could see it reached the bridge around 10:35. By that time it was definitely quiet enough to go upstream towards the bridge. Like clockwork Tapestry of Nations ended and the torches were off.

The Empress Lilly

^ From tonight's performance.

With the exceptions of SSE and Motion no structure changes colour finer during Illuminations than the Torii Gate. It takes on a million shades of red in the reflection of RoE. (Almost as many shades of red as my DGF's rosy lips!)

Meanwhile through the thick smoke, on the shore across, the same red glare of the fireworks bursting in air gives proof that SSE is still there.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
The globe started to move around 10:32 tonight and from what I could see it reached the bridge around 10:35. By that time it was definitely quiet enough to go upstream towards the bridge. Like clockwork Tapestry of Nations ended and the torches were off.

Thank you for this info!
I will be making my way over to Epcot today for tonight's showing.
Have to see this more then once this visit before the final night.

Kinda blows my mind, but we are two shows away from the Grand Finale.
Only three performances to go!

-

Figment82

From what I gathered no FPs from the 27th to the 3rd. The first people were in the area about two hours before showtime last night.

Then I’m impressed I had been able to get FP for the 26th! We got there only 10 minutes before the show started (thanks Skyliner...) but still had a pretty good spot. The back middle area was filled with tripods - I can only imagine how it’ll look on Monday! We’re still planning to watch the final show from Crescent Lake. Thursday was my final in-park farewell - and I totally blame the smoke for my eyes tearing up. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom