Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

AJDMB05

To all you going for the last show:

Assuming you’re allowed, please try and be at the China drawbridge for when they start to bring the hardware back to the marina afterwards.

The crew would really appreciate it.
Going back a couple weeks rereading through this thread and this made me cry the most. I think I recall Martin has said that the crew still truly cares about this show and they're a big reason why it has gone on as long as it has. I'm so thankful to have been in orbit at the same time as such a meaningful show.

3 more shows. For those of you lucky enough to be there, enjoy it. If I cant be there, I want nothing more than the diehards here who love this show as much as I do to be there for every moment.

hpyhnt 1000

Going back a couple weeks rereading through this thread and this made me cry the most. I think I recall Martin has said that the crew still truly cares about this show and they're a big reason why it has gone on as long as it has. I'm so thankful to have been in orbit at the same time as such a meaningful show.

That wouldn’t surprise me at all. Despite being 20 years old, the show has gotten quite a few updates over the years: different pre-show music, upgraded earth globe screens, new laser units, pyro updates, new lighting effects/sequences - even the post show lighting has been updated over the years. It’s great to know the team is still so passionate about the show after all these years.

Mikey73181

Work overnight tonight, sleep in the morning and head down there tomorrow night. Now wishing I had decided to go straight from work to the airport in the morning, tried to sleep on the plane instead, and get one extra show in tomorrow night, but oh well, will still be there for the finale Monday.

Mark P.

7AM flight today. Final RoE tonight and tomorrow, first EF on 10/1. Still can’t wrap my head around the fact that it’s ending nor that we made the spontaneous decision to add this trip when they announced the final date earlier this spring. From what I’m gathering in this thread, at least we’ll be in good company.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I was over at Epcot last night to see 'Illuminations', having specifically come over in the evening just to see the performance.
Figured this was my last chance to try to get a close viewing spot as Monday will likely be nuts.
Found a great spot right up front between one of the center area shops and the right hand side 'Friendship' boat dock.

I arrive about 20 minutes before 9:00, and there was a good sized crowd already camped out along the lagoon.
Silly me though, as I forgot the Park closed at 10 on a Saturday.
So I then realized I had to sit for another hour....but that 'mistake' ended up being a blessing in disguise, as when the time came to stand up I had a prime viewing spot.

Even though I've lost count of how many times I have seen 'Illuminations', the show still impresses and moves me.
Last night close view was fantastic, and everything seemed to be firing off perfectly.
I am really going to miss those patterned laser effects....although I'm sure the new shows will use the lasers in a similar way.
So glad I went last night.
Monday will be epic!

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Quick observation from last night regarding the raising of the bridge between China and The Outpost -

As others have said, the bridge raises post- show around the 10:30pm mark....just after the conclusion of the post-show 'Tapestry of Nations' music.
I made the effort to get over there last night to see the process again, and right on queue, as the music ends a announcement in those two areas comes on about a 'temporary pause in your world travels' as the walkway gates are closed.

Of special note to photographers, videographers, or folks just wanting one last really close up view of the Earth Barge and other equipment -
You MUST be on The Outpost side of the drawbridge to be able to get the best view.
Standing on the China side is okay if you are stationed near the jagged edged stone wall, but the PRIME viewing spot is on the opposite side.
Why?
If you are standing by the gate on the China side, the drawbridge itself when raised blocks your view entirely.

It was nice watching the Earth Barge coast back into its backstage cove.
Impressive how something so huge can be moved so effortlessly across water.

-

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I really hope WDI is able to archive this magnificent piece of artistry in some way. It would be a tragedy if the entire structure is sent to a scrap yard.

Agree, although it would probably to a challenge to keep and store something that large.
Perhaps leave it on display backstage somewhere, or better yet, reuse it during specific shows.

-

trainplane3

Why hello there fellow weird Disney people...

Mark P.

The guy from Resort TV1 is scouting for locations. He looked disappointed that the front row is already taken here.
Japan rail and upstairs outside Tokyo Dining were surprisingly not packed when I went by an hour ago, but I doubt that’s still the case now.

Tom Morrow

I’m not overly concerned about getting a great view tomorrow night because I have actually seen it five times in the least month, with some great views. That also will help soften the emotional blow tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom