Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

The Empress Lilly

So i am currently listening to some EPCOT related music as i work today, and the 'Illuminations :RoE' Show soundtrack finale song 'We Go On' just played and i'm a emotional puddle right now.
This is the song as performed during the actual Show finale, not the more laid back 'aftershow' version ( which, technically, is referred to as 'Promise' )
When that big ol' Earth globe slowly opens up like a lotus blossom and that giant torch lights up.
Yeah, THAT version.
😌

I've listened to this soundtrack thousands of times over the last 20 years , and it STILL effects me every so often, but i totally did not expect it to hit me so hard during a unexpected moment, but wow.....

The lyrics, when taken into context of this being the final performance, take on a WHOLE new meaning.
Just listen for yourself ....here, at the 48:45 time point -

Gahh!

:cry:

Man...if i'm this much of a crybaby now, what kind of shape am i going to be in on THE NIGHT...when that finale hits, and that song is blasting all through EPCOT, with probably 20,000 people singing along...?
Oh my.....

For fans of this Show, this is going to be one heck of a emotional roller coaster of a day.
But, 'We Go On' ...!!

😊

-
I have never failed to be moved by We Go On. Such a beautiful finale. I've never not shed a tear during Illuminations. I still don't know how I'll cope with the last performance.

I have also never, ever listened to the Illuminations soundtrack. I've only heard the music at EPCOT. Except for Promise, the bits on my DGF's phone, and the parts they play at US customs...

I've deliberately never listened to the music elsewhere, to keep it fresh and to keep it EPCOT. The drawback is now becoming clear - how can I possible face up to listening to the music outside EPCOT now?

trainplane3

I had no idea Martin was a Crocs afficianado. Going on 10 years strong of being the only footwear I ever wear in the parks.
It's just one picture he shared on here that I poked at for a bit of fun so I don't know if it's what he wears into the parks all the time. But hey, anything for a little laugh 😁

Figments Friend

Original Poster
When I think of my day in Epcot with Martin, I am reminded of his fabulous black sleeveless shirt with a cool neon 'Epcot' design on it.
:)

I also remember the time we sat together in the first row, Vehicle 1 , at the Energy Pavilion and rolled into the Diorama with a blanket of fog along the floor to greet us.
It was a great moment, as they had the long dormant floor fog machines going the day of Epcot's 25th Anniversary.
Martin was filming the entire time, but I don't recall seeing that particular moment in one of his released videos.

Gosh I really miss the 'Universe of Energy' traveling theater experience.
Epcot just isn't the same without it......

-

bubbles1812

I just wished to say to anyone going for the last Illuminations this weekend... have fun. My trip from Fri-Sun this past weekend was booked mainly to say goodbye to my favorite show. I recognize after 20 years that it’s time for a change but I’ll miss it.

I watched Friday night from Italy and then had a perfect straight on center view standing at the rope in the fast pass zone for Saturday night. Im going to treasure my recordings from each performance. I stood next to a lady who had flown in from Tokyo to see it one last time!

KikoKea

Yeah, anywhere near the edge of the lagoon is going to be packed.
I may well just stand back on the walkaway between the lagoon and monorail beam to see things 'center stage' yet be away from the likely crush of people gathered in that area in particular.

Walking from there to the China bridge post-show to cheer the barge drivers as they depart backstage will probably feel like a salmon does trying to swim upsteam.
I may seek a alternative spot....
Will investigate in advance in person before the date.

Hmmm, i wonder how the elevated view is from the Imagination Garden...?
🤔

-
I'm wondering the same thing. I don't like being in insane crowds.

Surfin' Tuna

It probably is time for the show to end, but I just wish they would give us a worthy successor. Give us a show with depth and people will still be crowded around the lagoon crying in 20 years. I'm still hoping to see it a couple more times before it ends, but it gets tougher each darn time...

cosmicgirl

Epcot, here I come!

Okay, okay, this is the real one...

Figment82

I love the stories of those who flew in from out of state/country just to watch it one last time, watching with/in memory of loved ones - that’s what this show is all about!

Then there was my experience on Sunday, when a guy almost got into an altercation with a CM right when the show started because she politely asked him not to put his (much older) daughter on his shoulders. 🙄 We go on... 😂

Surfin' Tuna

I went over again tonight to watch, and it was not too busy. It was about like a normal night, so I think you'll have a great time. The last night is going to be the tough one both physically and emotionally. Tonight didn't get me too emotional, so I'm hoping to not cry too much on the 30th.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Almost went last night to Epcot to see the show, but I was completely wiped out after eight hours at Magic Kingdom.
Called it a early night to save my energy for today ( Tony Baxter presentation at Disney Springs ) and also to still be alive by Monday .

I have been hearing the 'Illuminations' finale pyro from my hotel room however, when trying to sleep.
Feel like such a old lady now....not being able to have the stamina to stay in the Parks later.
It's such a energy drainer dealing with a bad head cold the day you arrive.....grrrr.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom