Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Well hello there friends!
:)

With the final performance of fan favorite 'Illuminations : Reflections of Earth' now almost a month away, i have been thinking recently that with all of the folks likely making plans to attend we should try to organize a 'fan meet up' of sorts.
Any interest ?

I will be there, as it is a bit of a 'must' for me.
Love this show, and it has been my absolute favorite night time spectacle next to Disneyland's original 50th Anniversary version of 'Remember...Dreams Come True'.

Under a fortunate set of circumstances, i am now able to make the trip down to Florida to be present during what is likely to be a very festive ( and possibly VERY packed ) Epcot that night.
So if you live locally in Orlando, or happen to be visiting the Walt Disney World Resort during that time, considering joining the throngs of Epcot fans that will be there to witness this Grande Finale!

So who here is planning on being there that night?
Let's get this going... and send the Show off in style!

The final performance for 'Illuminations : Reflections of Earth' will be Monday, September 30th at 9pm.

I am thinking perhaps it would be fun to meet up somewhere to say hello, and then perhaps wander off and do a few activities together in the Park.
I am open to suggestions for a meeting spot, and a time.

It is theorized that the Park will be very crowded that night with so many people coming in to see the last showing and share in the moment.
So it might be a good idea to get there well before showtime to be sure you will able to get in.
I have heard some people comment that Epcot may reach capacity that night, so keep this in mind when planning your day.

Hope to see ya there!
Even if you can't make it, feel free to share your memories, photos, and video productions of the Show here.

-

Updated with meet up location info:

Alrighty kids -

I have decided on the meet up spot for anyone interested in getting together on the day of the Final Showing for 'Illuminations : Reflections of Earth'.

The impromptu meet up will take place at -

The IMAGINATION PAVILION
Monday, September 30th from 2:00pm to 3:00pm

I will be hanging out during that full hour in the area behind the 'Upside Down Fountain', in the former Magic Gardens area.
This is home to the famous 'Leap Frog Fountains', and is also the EXIT area outside of the Magic Eye Theater.
This is a area very few Guests tend to linger in once exiting the theater, but back in the day it was lively and had a lot of topiary and visual delights.
Today, it is a great meeting spot that everyone can find and features seating, shade, and some nice views of Future World.

I plan on bringing some fun things with me to give away to anyone who happens to show up and say hello.....
A couple of cool postcards featuring my artwork that include a pair of personalities everyone here will likely know, and some stickers! -

Hope to see some folks there!

Photo reference of the meeting spot -

-

Last edited:

Bocabear

I feel like I haver seen that show so many times...in it's original complete state to the current shorter run... I am happy to see something fresh and hopeful it will be amazing... I don't feel like I need to see it again...especially to have my last memory of it with overcrowded walkways, limited viewing areas and throngs of people...

KevinPage

Will be there but didn’t consider it would be crazy crowds wise. Hard to predict these things. Certainly can see more people there but I’d be shocked if there was any capacity issues at all.

I also prefer watching show from dead center, so plan is to grab a FP 😎

techgeek

Will be there but didn’t consider it would be crazy crowds wise. Hard to predict these things. Certainly can see more people there but I’d be shocked if there was any capacity issues at all.

I can believe a decent level 9-10 crowd, but the idea that it’s going to be NYE crazy crowded is just a little out there for me. It’s a Monday night in September. Maybe a parking lot closure in the early evening as locals show up after work? I could see that happening, as well as roads gridlocked in the area, but phased closings at EPCOT... something that to my knowledge has only possibly happened on 12/31/99?

I haven’t been in EPCOT in years, but I always said this would be the thing that would bring me back. Planning to help blow out the torches one last time...

trainplane3

I can believe a decent level 9-10 crowd, but the idea that it’s going to be NYE crazy crowded is just a little out there for me. It’s a Monday night in September. Maybe a parking lot closure in the early evening as locals show up after work? I could see that happening, as well as roads gridlocked in the area, but phased closings at EPCOT... something that to my knowledge has only possibly happened on 12/31/99?

I haven’t been in EPCOT in years, but I always said this would be the thing that would bring me back. Planning to help blow out the torches one last time...
I believe the final showing of Wishes put capacity restrictions into effect for MK. I doubt phased closings will happen at Epcot. NYE doesn't even close the park down. Epcot has insane capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom