Films to watch in World Showcase.

forevermickey

Original Poster
I am headed back to the World in Sept. with my Husb. and 4 year old daugh.

This has will be her 3rd trip to WDW and she has been the perfect traveler, thus far. We have gone to Epcot and spent a good amount of time there but have yet to see the movies presented by some of the countries. I haven't seen them in about 15 years and would love to see them again. In order, which do you feel are the best to see if I had to choose?

Thanks for your input:)

drossjr

O'Canada seems to be the best, the overall beauty and entry into the O'Canada film is pretty awesome as well.

Relections of China, again a great film and the presentation is great as well, the building that houses the film is pretty awesome as well.

Impressions de France--I have never seen this film and from what I hear it needs a refurb, bad quality.

The film in Canada and China have recently been redone within the past few years so the quality is good

forevermickey

Original Poster
O'Canada seems to be the best, the overall beauty and entry into the O'Canada film is pretty awesome as well.

Relections of China, again a great film and the presentation is great as well, the building that houses the film is pretty awesome as well.

Impressions de France--I have never seen this film and from what I hear it needs a refurb, bad quality.

The film in Canada and China have recently been redone within the past few years so the quality is good
Thank you so much for your input!

Dave Disney

Oh Canada! is great defiinitely recommend it!

The China film is good as well but I didn't like the French one just didn't hold my interest.

klineski96

If you haven't seen them in awhile you should try to see them all!
Each one is spectacular in it's own unique way.

Canada - very entertaining, breath taking views, recently refurbed and they did a great job.

China - always a favorite of mine. Like the film in Canada it offers some amazing scenery shots.

France - sure the picture quality could use a refurb but the music is beautiful. Still a great film imo... and it has seats.

Norway - if you have the time, stop and watch this film. It's a little outdated and often overlooked, but it's still something you should see if you haven't lately.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
My favorites are

1.) France - The scenery and music is breathtaking
2.) China - More incredible music and shows a lot of this HUGE country
3.) Canada - Fun, but not as good as the others IMO
4.) Norway - yawn

erasure fan1

Canada was good for the first few minutes until the circle vision made me want to hurl.:hurl: All the circle vision movies make my wife, mother-inlaw and myself extremely motion sick. But if thats not an issue for you, see them all!:lol:

stlbobby

O Canada! wins hands down. The cinematography is awesome, it is informative, and the host is hilarious.

Norway is good too.

Eyorefan

Canada is the best, by far. If you only see one... see Canada.

China's is also good, but if you don't have time for the film at least walk thorugh the building. Its pretty neat to see.

France has really nice music. Its a great place to sit down and rest.

Skip the Norway film. Its just weird. It makes Norway look like its stuck in a 1980s time warp.

And on the subject of Norway, does anyone know what happened to the F/V Northwestern merch they used to sell in the the Hanson section of the gift shop? I looked for it on our trip this earlier this month and didn't see any of it.

MickeyTraveler

With Martin Short hosting "O Canada" now, you'll laugh out loud during some of it! It was spectacular. I would see them all, why not? You are there anyways ;)

David S.

I think they are all worth seeing! My faves, in order of preference:

1) Impressions De France - This is, IMO, nothing less than a sublime masterpiece. The combination of French classical music with the gorgeous scenery is perfection. A major highlight is the combination of Debussy's sublime "Clair De Lune" with scenery of the French Alps, which gives me goosebumps. Revel, Satie, Offenbach, and of course, Saint-Saens are all well-represented in the musical score of this stunning film. Disney musical legend Buddy Baker always seemed to pick exactly the right music to go with each scene in this film.

2) Reflections Of China - Also has gorgeous scenery and a great score written by noted Disney park composer Richard Bellis that features nice Oriental motifs. This film really captures nicely the atmosphere of China's famous landmarks, gorgeous scenery, and bustling cities.

3) O, Canada - recently redone with a more comedic approach featuring Martin Short. This version has grown on me some, and I do enjoy it now about as much as the original version. I do miss the slightly longer runtime of the original, in which some of the scenery shots lasted longer and were not as quickly edited. Still, the current version does capture the beauty of the Canadian outdoors as well as its cities.

4) Spirit Of Norway - this is also a well done film with some nice views of Norway. Due to it's short run-time, it is not as in-depth as it could be, but what IS there is very well-done, and IMO deserves to be seen. I think the film compliments the ride nicely. While the ride focuses more on the fun fantasy of trolls and the cute Nordic wildlife of puffins and polar bears, the film is a nice, short travelogue depicting the people and places of Norway. Taken together, both give a better appreaciation of the nation and its history than just doing one or the other. I don't get the people who are in such a hurry to get out of the ride that they skip the movie. Look at it like this: even if the film were the ONLY attraction in Norway, that's STILL one more attraction than what can be found in Germany, Italy, Japan, Morocco, and the UK!

wolf359

I think they're all worth the time. The updated films in Canada and China are really spectacular, especially if Circle-Vision doesn't make you sick, but I really like France and Norway's films as well. Yes, Norway's film is a bit of a giggle-inducing time warp, but it's still very much worth your time.

In lieu of any other major attractions, I wish Morocco, Italy, Germany, Japan, and the UK at least had a film to broaden the experience there. I know most, if not all of the attraction-less pavilions did have some kind of ride planned that got cut for various reasons, but it would have been nice for a film to be a cheaper "plan-B" fallback position.

JohnLocke

I think my favorite is Impressions de France, it has nice visuals, music, and seats.

The two circlevisions films are really good as well, though I still need to see the new O Canada, but you're going to have to either stand or sit on the floor during them.

marypoppins68

If it's been 15 years then you really should make an effort to see them all. France is my favorite, then China. I also like Norway's film. Norway's film is only 5 minutes and you get to sit down. I don't understand the people who hurry to skip this one either. Slow down a bit. :) But definitely try to see them all. Then you'll be able to make your own impressions.

David S.

In lieu of any other major attractions, I wish Morocco, Italy, Germany, Japan, and the UK at least had a film to broaden the experience there. I know most, if not all of the attraction-less pavilions did have some kind of ride planned that got cut for various reasons, but it would have been nice for a film to be a cheaper "plan-B" fallback position.

I completely agree! Think of how stunning a "Visions Of Italy" type of film could be, with the beautiful Italian scenery combined with, say, the music of composers such as Puccini! What a missed opportunity!

For me, British Invasion is kind of the attraction in the UK, especially when they play late-period Beatles, but I would certainly welcome a film as well.

Of course, dark rides or any other type of rides in any of these countries would make me a happy camper!

Not all showcase nations are created equally, and this is especially noticable when starting clockwise with Mexico. The first three nations have attractions (the first two of which are boat rides) and also do well in the art gallery and live music catagories (although unfortunately Spellmann's Gledje in Norway was the victim of budget cuts, but at least the pavillion has the ride, film, and Viking exhibit). But then you hit the "back wall" of WS, and those 4 countries that surround America seem really lacking in comparison.

I do enjoy the attraction-less countries for what they have to offer - the architecture, music loops, gardens, live music (where applicable) and art galleries (where applicable), but it's a shame Disney has gone so long without giving these countries a bona-fide attraction, which IMO would make the back of World Showcase feel more complete and more comparable to the nations that are closer to Future World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom