Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Magic Feather

SO, the Destination D event is coming up in November at WDW & D23 2022 next summer. In regards to Epcot, the only true heavy duty announcements left to make are whats going on with Imagination (and maybe The Seas). I'm puzzled as to why this project has remained so low key with barely any rumblings.

Any movement detected from our trusty insiders??

@marni1971
@Magic Feather
@MansionButler84

....... @Lee ?
Because this project barely exists at the moment

Rodj

The 2nd Figment animatronic at the Touch & Taste labs door is getting progressively worse, especially his left arm and his torso. This video explains itself:

SailorMercury

The 2nd Figment animatronic at the Touch & Taste labs door is getting progressively worse, especially his left arm and his torso. This video explains itself:

I do With Figment once per trip, and when I last went in March, the Touch and Taste one was okay, but the Sound Figment hurt to watch.

Inspired Figment

Well.. that’s what happens when Bob Chapek cuts back on maintenance budgets/costs. Then again, this attraction’s probably one of TDO’s lowest priorities to keep maintained since atleast 2011, possibly even a bit earlier than that.

Homemade Imagineering

Not surprised at all. His pneumatic flow controls are probably completely screwed up thus explaining his somewhat awkward sudden movement here and there. Things need to be adjusted but most of it isn’t a priority.

Mickeynerd17

Interesting new Dreamcatcher art I've never seen before on Zach's instagram post today. Probably nothing serious but interesting to say the least.

Here's the image by itself. Text on the left says "approximate cropping"

New Dreamcatcher art.PNG

Whatever this is/means, it was in here on purpose. They wouldn't accidentally include this.

Haymarket2008

Interesting new Dreamcatcher art I've never seen before on Zach's instagram post today. Probably nothing serious but interesting to say the least.

View attachment 569326

Whatever this is/means, it was in here on purpose. They wouldn't accidentally include this.

Agreed. Not to be sensationalist about all of these things, but he’s obviously goading the fans on with content like this. Let’s hope this eventually, down the line, leads somewhere.

Homemade Imagineering

If Zach REALLY wants to please hardcore EPCOT fans, he would find a way to convince the suits to bring back an all new (or the original) Journey into Imagination including both Dreamfinder and Figment!
I'm sure he already has. Like @FulcrumSolo said, it's not a matter of whether they're going to bring back something like the original attraction, but rather a matter of when. Now, anything can change between now and whenever something is announced (whenever that may be), but I'd say for now they have somewhat of an idea of what they want to do with the Pavilion. Until then I'm sure we'll have the current iteration to kick around for another 5 years.

SailorMercury

I'm sure he already has. Like @FulcrumSolo said, it's not a matter of whether they're going to bring back something like the original attraction, but rather a matter of when. Now, anything can change between now and whenever something is announced (whenever that may be), but I'd say for now they have somewhat of an idea of what they want to do with the Pavilion. Until then I'm sure we'll have the current iteration to kick around for another 5 years.
The current plan from what I’ve heard is a version that pays tribute to the original, but at the same time isn’t a modern-day version of 1.0.

The attraction could also be dead-on-arrival depending on how EPCOT’s construction goes, but I honestly think Zach is playing games and hinting that they have plans.

Inspired Figment

View attachment 569326

From what I understand, Randy Bright may have had large involvement with both American Adventure & the ‘original’ Journey Into Imagination pavilion. That may be the reason it’s showcased here. Btw, that’s not “new” concept art but actually ‘original’ concept art for the ride that we’ve seen before. I think if you watch the Undiscovered Disneyland panel Tony Baxter & Josh Shipley did at D23 before Tony’s Disney Legends award ceremony, it shows up there in the “recreation” of the original ride they showed in the opening ‘Flight to Imagination’ sequence. 👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

If Zach REALLY wants to please hardcore EPCOT fans, he would find a way to convince the suits to bring back an all new (or the original) Journey into Imagination including both Dreamfinder and Figment!
The problem is the current suites ‘cannot’ be convinced no matter which imagineer’s tried and they haven’t been able to be convinced ever since Iger’s been in charge for whatever nonsensical it is. (And it’s no surprise, the closest guy to Iger, Bob Chapek, is not doing any different.) (Possibly even going back to Eisner when they first screwed it up. It’s certainly felt like the late Eisner years with Pressler running the parks again? Doesn’t it? Just without the filter..) Iger genuinely believes “he” (despite it being Eisner at the time) greenlit the “fix” (some “fix” huh? Tiki Room: Under New Management with the character roles reversed. Make the old concept/fans/Tiki Room Birds/Figment the interference instead of the new/management/Iago/Nigel Channing) for it in ‘02.. when that clearly isn’t the case..
One thing I do know is Josh D’amaro, when asked about the subject he’d responded “Give us more time”.. leading me to believe that ‘he’ wants it to happen.. but that Chapek is the one stopping it and that it’ll require Chapek to be removed before they can greenlight it.

Personally, I feel like going back to the original ‘83 ride but with all upgraded tech, enhanced spfx, aswell as additions that were originally planned to be in the ride but cut due to budget & tech constraints back in ‘82, would be the best way to go. Think like how they updated the Lincoln show at Disneyland (probably the best example of an updated comeback of an attraction done right) or how they enhanced Disneyland’s Fantasyland rides & the American Adventure through the years (new AAs, better quality on the projections and audio, etc.).

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

From what I understand, Randy Bright may have had large involvement with both American Adventure & the ‘original’ Journey Into Imagination pavilion. That may be the reason it’s showcased here. Btw, that’s not “new” concept art but actually ‘original’ concept art for the ride that we’ve seen before. If you watch the Undiscovered Disneyland panel Tony Baxter & Josh Shipley did at D23 before Tony’s Disney Legends award ceremony, it shows up there in the “recreation” of the original ride they showed in the opening ‘Flight to Imagination’ sequence. 👍🏻👍🏻
Ah, ok, that's where its from. I personally had never seen it before so I thought it was new. Thanks for correcting me. 👍

Inspired Figment

Ah, ok, that's where its from. I personally had never seen it before so I thought it was new. Thanks for correcting me. 👍
No problem! Actually, if you own the Marvel Disney Kingdoms Figment comic series compilation. In the back of the book, it features concept art for both the original attraction & the comic series itself. The concept art in Zach’s post being this one drawn by Andrew Gaskill, for the opening ‘Flight to Imagination’ scene in the original ride.

Attachments

• 1F964863-39B5-418F-A3F6-17C430438954.jpeg
    1F964863-39B5-418F-A3F6-17C430438954.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom