Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

The Grand Inquisitor

9:09, 10:04, & 19:21 ; sounds SPOT ON to Billy’s Figment, right?? Makes me wonder why they didn’t decide on him for the ‘02 version.. but oh well. Still wouldn’t have changed how badly conceived that version was I’m afraid.. Lol

I honestly though for the longest time it was Billy Barty! Corey is fantastic! I would have no problem with him voicing Figment in a new ride.

Inspired Figment

I honestly though for the longest time it was Billy Barty! Corey is fantastic! I would have no problem with him voicing Figment in a new ride.
I agree, though I’d think he’d probably be most useful for a new Magic Eye Theatre show starring Figment (and Dreamfinder) or some new ImageWorks activities rather than another new ride….
The reason I say this would because I genuinely feel like the best way to go about this would be to go back to the original ride with Billy Barty’s original voice but update & enhance all the spfx, technology, AA figures, and add the stuff that was originally planned but cut due to budgetary limitations (aswell as tech) at the time.
Also, update the ImageWorks activities & tech accordingly aswell.
It never truly should’ve been closed back in ‘98 or changed the way it was in ‘99 nor in ‘02. It was thanks to an intentional dwindling of advertisement, focus, and exposure on the Journey Into Imagination ride in favor for ‘Honey, I Shrunk the Audience’ as the main attraction (completely reversed from the Magic Journeys & Captain EO way of doing things) that led to its artificial drop in attendance and eventually its closure… aswell as maintenance costs on the turntable being used as an excuse to change it…
It was wrong.. and I feel they need to truly correct the mistake they made and fix it the way they should’ve back then rather than risk needlessly screwing it up/fixing what wasn’t broken entirely again like they did with Your Imagination & With Figment.

Mickeynerd17

The jumping fountains are finally running again!

imagination-pavilion-fountains-4-1992765-1200x800.jpg

Inspired Figment

@marni1971 Are the sets/figures from the sealed off portions of the ride still in there intact?
“Sealed off” portions?? As in The upstairs ImageWorks (the post show after the ride)?? It’s my understanding that a lot of the things have been dismantled yet there are still a number of original signs & ‘partially’ dismantled activity equipment and such still up there. In regards to the actual ride though, ‘most’ of the original showrooms are intact, but simply stripped of all the original props, scenery, & AAs and have been replaced by the minimal lab equipment, charts, table and doors, & maybe 2-3 Figment AAs placed in the middle of them. That’s about it I’m afraid…

DreamfinderGuy

@marni1971 Are the sets/figures from the sealed off portions of the ride still in there intact?
You must be thinking of Spaceship Earth. Nothing from any of the original Imagination sets still exists there in it's original form. Some Dreamport artifacts are in the queue, that's it. No part of the original ride was ever "sealed off", either gutted for a new show scene or destroyed for more queue/downstairs Image Works space.

DoleWhipDrea

Does anyone have any knowledge of what happened to the Dreamfinder animatronics? I would hope at least a few made it into the archives as well.

Haymarket2008

SO, the Destination D event is coming up in November at WDW & D23 2022 next summer. In regards to Epcot, the only true heavy duty announcements left to make are whats going on with Imagination (and maybe The Seas). I'm puzzled as to why this project has remained so low key with barely any rumblings.

Any movement detected from our trusty insiders??

@marni1971
@Magic Feather
@MansionButler84

....... @Lee ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom