Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
Here’s something they should try. In one section of the Play Pavilion, they reconstruct a revitalized version of the original Imagination attraction through a VR setup, so that way they could test guest satisfaction levels, if they truly feel it’s necessary before moving ahead with anything in say... 5 years from now. It’ll give them a while to wager both character’s popularity with children nowadays, and maybe even parents who are familiar with the original attraction. It’s also not out of the realm of possibility. I mean, that Figment “redesign” thing was indeed for a VR project according to Drew Taylor on Twitter, so I’m sure we’ll see something almost like this come to fruition, probably sans Dreamfinder unfortunately.
I feel like PLAY! should be almost a modern DisneyQuest, and a proving ground to find what can work at a smaller scale, and what can't.

Inspired Figment

Here’s something they should try. In one section of the Play Pavilion, they reconstruct a revitalized version of the original Imagination attraction through a VR setup, so that way they could test guest satisfaction levels, if they truly feel it’s necessary before moving ahead with anything in say... 5 years from now. It’ll give them a while to wager both character’s popularity with children nowadays, and maybe even parents who are familiar with the original attraction. It’s also not out of the realm of possibility. I mean, that Figment “redesign” thing was indeed for a VR project according to Drew Taylor on Twitter, so I’m sure we’ll see something almost like this come to fruition, probably sans Dreamfinder unfortunately.
You make a good point.. but I honestly feel like recent merchandise sales & festival appearances have already well proven that both Figment (and Dreamfinder to a certain extent) are still completely viable characters, along with the Disney Kingdoms comic series which is being rereleased yet again in March. Now granted, I certainly wouldn’t put it out of the realm of possibility for that Figment VR related project to have a place in the Play Pavilion if it indeed continues construction as initially planned. He is an EPCOT character after all.. but at the same time, wouldn’t it make more sense to have a Figment VR thing in the ImageWorks if it were updated? Those are just my thoughts on the matter atleast.

Homemade Imagineering

but I honestly feel like recent merchandise sales & festival appearances have already well proven that both Figment (and Dreamfinder to a certain extent) are still completely viable characters.
Yes of course, though I’m not sure the blind execs truly understand this enough to move ahead with anything significant. They’re so hellbent on everything being tied to the same few IP properties, mostly consisting of Marvel and Pixar, because they’re too afraid to take the smallest risk, when the solution is right in front of them. Baffling, I know, but it seems that’s the current state of things. If Figment has a more prominent role in Play whenever that opens up, I’ll feel much more confident in something being greenlit, but until then I can’t help but feel pessimistic about the future of Imagination.

DreamfinderGuy

Basically a higher budget/more high tech version of Journey Into Your Imagination. Which again, wouldn’t have fixed the drastically inferior narrative & overall theme. It just would’ve had possibly higher quality special effects & illusions really.
Exactly this. No Figment/Dreamfinder, just JIYI with a proper budget and maybe a slightly different setup.

Movielover

Personally I think had they instead maybe built it as another seperate attraction, maybe on the side of Journey Into Imagination. Like how/where Great Movie Ride was initially planned and had ‘that’ be a backstage ride tour through the Institute. The backlash wouldn’t have been as huge. Granted, the IP & theme would’ve been considered instantly outdated, but still..

IMO the Imagination Institute, tie ins with the Shrunk franchise, and HISTA are a great theme and setting... just not for the Imagination pavilion. The Institute would have worked so much better as the update to the CommuniCore buildings. They could have rethemed the buildings to the Institute allowing them to keep using the space to show off new technology. A new theater could have been built within to hold HISTA, and there would be space to add more over the years, maybe even a Flubber based attraction with Robin Williams. Then the imagination pavilion could have stayed the more, lack-of-a-better-term, fantastical with Dreamfinder and Figment.

It's just a shame that the best thing about the current Imagination Pavilion is this...

journey-into-imagination-with-figment-7215.JPG

And that we still have One Little Spark, albeit in a truncated form.

FigmentFan82

So this was just randomly uploaded for some reason. I find it funny they don’t acknowledge the current state of the attraction aside from briefly mentioning its current name... also, they’ve gotta stop taunting us 😭

wow, that video is comically bad.
"Figment and Dreamfinder used to exist! KTHANXBAI!!"

it's the 60sec social edit of an ultimate tribute video

Homemade Imagineering

At times it almost as if Disney wants to make the general public think the original attraction is still in existence, when that's obviously not the case. They avoid almost anything that has to do with HISTA like the plague, along with the characters from HISTA whenever they're referencing the Imagination pavilion nowadays in various forms of media because they're ashamed of the attraction's many blunders.

Inspired Figment

At times it almost as if Disney wants to make the general public think the original attraction is still in existence, when that's obviously not the case. They avoid almost anything that has to do with HISTA like the plague, along with the characters from HISTA whenever they're referencing the Imagination pavilion nowadays in various forms of media because they're ashamed of the attraction's many blunders.
Yeah, I’ve definitely noticed that.. can’t say I blame them either, but to be fair.. they do show b-roll footage of the current ride there and the question was on the ‘history of Dreamfinder & Figment’, so they took on the question more literally as the history of development for the characters within the ride, rather than the actual ride/attraction itself.

Mickeynerd17

IMO the Imagination Institute, tie ins with the Shrunk franchise, and HISTA are a great theme and setting... just not for the Imagination pavilion. The Institute would have worked so much better as the update to the CommuniCore buildings. They could have rethemed the buildings to the Institute allowing them to keep using the space to show off new technology. A new theater could have been built within to hold HISTA, and there would be space to add more over the years, maybe even a Flubber based attraction with Robin Williams. Then the imagination pavilion could have stayed the more, lack-of-a-better-term, fantastical with Dreamfinder and Figment.
This is actually a really interesting idea! It probably would've ended like Innoventions, but one can imagine.

DoleWhipDrea

So this was just randomly uploaded for some reason. I find it funny they don’t acknowledge the current state of the attraction aside from briefly mentioning its current name... also, they’ve gotta stop taunting us 😭

My recommendation to each and every one of you is to comment on that video expressing that you want to see these two again in an update of the attraction. Nothing is an accident. They will be watching how that video does.

Homemade Imagineering

I wouldn't be surprised if they just swap out all of the Eric Idle scenes with a CG Dreamfinder and change the script a bit.
Honestly though, this would be a nice placeholder for something greater in the future, since Imagination isn’t projected to change for another 5 or so years. I’d also want them to make Figment’s character less annoying, maybe replace the skunk scent with a Rose scent with an animation, etc...

luke.franklin07

I would love to see the dreamfinder come back since I never got to see the original attraction. But, I don´t think that will happen, as Disney is pretty focused on having their attractions based off of movies. If the dreamfider did come back, I would want him and Figment to have an even better ride then their previous one.

Homemade Imagineering

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom