Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Surferboy567

The problem is, it isn't apart of World Celebration. As a matter of fact, it's not really a part of anything right now. Look at this image:
View attachment 528844
Imagination sits akwardly between world nature and celebration.
If the posters are anything to go by, it isn’t part of nature because World Nature prints where just released and Imagination isn’t among them. I realize they are just posters but I think they would know what neighborhood each attraction is apart of.

DaGoof00

With the EPCOT overhaul announcement that we got over 2 years ago, I’ve always wondered when Figment will finally get his time to shine once again, with maybe a new original attraction or a upgrade to the original’s concept. Do y’all think Figment will get to return with his faithful companion, Dreamfinder? Or do you think some “emotional” characters may be making a new home out of the pavilion? Let’s talk about it!
This is neither rumor nor news.... and has been beaten to death at this point...

Mickeynerd17

If the posters are anything to go by, it isn’t part of nature because World Nature prints where just released and Imagination isn’t among them. I realize they are just posters but I think they would know what neighborhood each attraction is apart of.
Once again, even Imagination's poster doesn't reference any of the neighborhoods and is quite vague about what it entails besides dreamfinders ship, the current pavilion paint scheme, and a lack of Imagination Institute references.

Brer Panther

Hints (sort of) like this give me hope, while at the same time probably don't mean a thing. It is however promising that there hasn't been any acknowledgment of the Imagination Institute so far in any of the Epcot renovation material, merch etc... and the only references to Imagination include both Figment and usually a reference to Dreamfinder as well. I think it's pretty obvious that they're not proud of the pavilion's current state, and they are using Figment and Dreamfinder for representation, possibly because they're aware of what already has worked, and may work for them again in the future. Just a thought. If they really feel inclined to shoehorn IP into the pavilion, there are ways to include both Figment and Dreamfinder in those projects, since they're flexible in terms of where they can be used.
I mean, has Dr. Nigel Channing EVER been a particularly merchandised character? I'm guessing no, if for no other reason than because they'd have to pay Eric Idle royalty feeds...

trainplane3

???

I don't remember this being clarified.
Celebration overlaps the Odyssey and Imagination. I wouldn't overthink an artsy graphic.
epcot-neighborhood-art.jpg

Last edited:

Mickeynerd17

Attraction entrances (and statements from WDI) mean more than a highlighted map. WDI stated that Imagination is a part of World Celebration when they announced the EPCOT changes at the last D23 Expo.

It is in that image but it is officially in the world celebration neighborhood
Ok, that makes sense, thanks for clearing that up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom