Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

So... I’m guessing any update for imagination is going to occur at the earliest, maybe 2026 at this point? Just throwing my guess out there, that’s all. I at least hope we see something new this decade, and yes, I am aware that everything for Epcot’s overhaul is being re-evaluated.

Mickeynerd17

So... I’m guessing any update for imagination is going to occur at the earliest, maybe 2026 at this point? Just throwing my guess out there, that’s all. I at least hope we see something new this decade, and yes, I am aware that everything for Epcot’s overhaul is being re-evaluated.
2026, lordy that feels like 2 eternity's until MABYE something happens. Geeze

Homemade Imagineering

2026, lordy that feels like 2 eternity's until MABYE something happens. Geeze
I know, it’s incredibly sad. I would tag Martin here to see if he could tell us anything about it, and when an update may come, but I'm not going to because I’d assume it’s not even being considered right now, going off of what Martin has said in regards to the re-evaluation of plans for Epcot, and how he’d be surprised if imagination is updated anytime soon, or prioritized over something else. Plus, it wasn’t slated to go down until around 2025 according to him, which at this point seems a bit unlikely with the pandemic, thus the reason I guessed 2026 as a possible time for an update.

DoleWhipDrea

2026 does feel like a long time from now, especially when 2020 has already felt like several years on its own. Honestly with so many plans in flux it’s anyone’s guess right now. IMHO, once we see what Disney’s full modified plans are in regards to EPCOT’s overhaul and what they plan on doing for WDW’s 50th, we’ll have a better idea of what direction Disney is going to go in. That will tell us what demographic they’re focusing on. They’ve prioritized long-distance travelers over locals, but that’s not working out for them presently. Either they stay the course or acknowledge that the world is different and need locals to help sustain them. And key demographics are what really dictate new investments in the parks.

With all of the changes over the past several months in leadership, I’m curious whether D’Amaro is a Figment and Dreamfinder fan. If he is, that could actually significantly help any future plans for the Imagination Pavilion. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Disney has been adding more new Figment merchandise recently, which definitely looks to be a good sign.

Homemade Imagineering

2026 does feel like a long time from now, especially when 2020 has already felt like several years on its own. Honestly with so many plans in flux it’s anyone’s guess right now. IMHO, once we see what Disney’s full modified plans are in regards to EPCOT’s overhaul and what they plan on doing for WDW’s 50th, we’ll have a better idea of what direction Disney is going to go in. That will tell us what demographic they’re focusing on. They’ve prioritized long-distance travelers over locals, but that’s not working out for them presently. Either they stay the course or acknowledge that the world is different and need locals to help sustain them. And key demographics are what really dictate new investments in the parks.

With all of the changes over the past several months in leadership, I’m curious whether D’Amaro is a Figment and Dreamfinder fan. If he is, that could actually significantly help any future plans for the Imagination Pavilion. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Disney has been adding more new Figment merchandise recently, which definitely looks to be a good sign.
You brought up some great points here, and although it’s extremely unlikely, just like you said, everything is being looked at for re-evaluations, and if they finally come to their senses some how, maybe, just maybe we might see a new attraction come sooner than previously announced projects like Poppins or the Festival Center on legs. Then again, don’t take my word for it because I’m not too sure if they’re allowed to take funding from those two projects, and just put it towards anything else without having to design an all new attraction for imagination, during a time when spending is at an all time low for the parks excluding projects that need to be completed, even though those two projects have seemingly been put on the back burner.

FigmentJedi

I don’t know how to get a screenshot off disney plus but theres at least one normal looking figment model in that episode too
I took some just print screening.
StudioLabFigment2.jpg

StudioLabFigment1.jpg

trainplane3

team.JPG

(first one is on the left, the "reviewed" one is on the right)
I assume the team that reviewed it is the same team that approved the TL and Innoventions repaints too. Might want to check their vision at some point. Just saying. Please.

I wouldn't read too much into this. It's most likely just some toying around with the tech. I hope.

brb1006

View attachment 495176
(first one is on the left, the "reviewed" one is on the right)
I assume the team that reviewed it is the same team that approved the TL and Innoventions repaints too. Might want to check their vision at some point. Just saying. Please.

I wouldn't read too much into this. It's most likely just some toying around with the tech. I hope.
Getting Moomin vibes from those Figment figures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom