Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Cmdr_Crimson

The way I see it is If an old man and a monkey can work..A man and his Imaginary Dragon has the same vibe going on...Surely the can add Dreamfinder to the S.E.A.
936099_10151625844537148_1731594164_n.jpg

Homemade Imagineering

They don’t need to force more things into SEA.
True, though you have to keep in mind, that it has its own fanbase, and said fanbase will only continue to grow overtime as S.E.A. is expanded. Plus, management is hellbent on theming everything around an already existing IP nowadays. Then again, with that said, I'd personally rather have an original series or movie dedicated to Imagination. Regardless, either scenario will help to convince the execs to greenlight the proper Imagination redo.

FigmentJedi

They don’t need to force more things into SEA.
As mentioned earlier, the third Figment comic was going to go in a SEA connection direction with Dreamfinder and Figment's mission to unravel the secrets of Spaceship Earth before Marvel pulled the plug on the whole Disney Kingdoms line. And honestly, with Journey into Imagination and the SEA lore both being descended from the Discovery Bay concept, it's not as huge a stretch to bring them together as you might think.

Sir_Cliff

My concern is that they're going to say, "oh okay we need to keep Figment around" and then make him exactly like the Figment in the current ride, which is not what people want. Figment without Dreamfinder is mostly pointless and doesn't really work.

I think I'd rather have something completely original without Figment at all than something without Dreamfinder that uses the image of Figment without the correct personality -- not that they're likely to build something original if it doesn't include Figment.
While I would like to see Figment and Dreamfinder back together again, I think Figment can stand on his own as a character. He probably could even act as the solo guide through some sort of Journey Into Imagination, IMO. The main thing is to restore his original personality, which is innocent and full of wonder rather than obnoxious and in your face.

It's really a testament to the original character design that they can still plaster the image of such an annoying character as the current iteration of Figment over so much merchandise and promotional materials.

Mickeynerd17

It's really a testament to the original character design that they can still plaster the image of such an annoying character as the current iteration of Figment over so much merchandise and promotional materials.
That, and the stuff flies off the shelves. I keep seeing a lot of people with figment hats and other merch around Epcot (even though they stopped selling them a while ago, I have one.)

If only somebody could read all the signs. Sadly there have been obvious signs from fans for the last 18 years and nothing has happened.

UNCgolf

While I would like to see Figment and Dreamfinder back together again, I think Figment can stand on his own as a character. He probably could even act as the solo guide through some sort of Journey Into Imagination, IMO. The main thing is to restore his original personality, which is innocent and full of wonder rather than obnoxious and in your face.

Oh, I'm sure he could. I just personally don't want that -- I think Figment (with his original character) works much better as a complement rather than the main focus/narrator; I think he's too childlike for that.

Mac Tonight

I prefer to think of Dreamfinder/Figment as Doctor Who and his companion. As awesome as most of the companions are (I'm only up to Peter Capaldi's seasons), the show wouldn't be what it is if it just starred them.

brb1006

Oh, I'm sure he could. I just personally don't want that -- I think Figment (with his original character) works much better as a complement rather than the main focus/narrator; I think he's too childlike for that.
Does that include the Epcot Educational Media films from 1988-1989?

Inspired Figment

Does that include the Epcot Educational Media films from 1988-1989?
From a storyline standpoint.. it makes sense to have the main ride have him be the learner of what Imagination is about with us guests so we’re able to better gain a connection with the concept at hand which pertain’s to the bigger picture ‘with’ him within the context of EPCOT Center.. and then have those shorts feature Figment with knowledge of what he’d learned from Dreamfinder in the ride along with us guests to then pass onto others. That’s how I see it anyway.

Last edited:

Rodj

Disney at the very least should fix up the Figment animatronics, the state of both of them are embarrassing. One is "Spastic Figment" while the other is "Crippled Figment"(Seriously though, sometimes his left arm doesn't have much motion and literally seems like it is being held/limited by an invisible arm cast). Take a look at this video back in 2003 of the same AA and you will see how much movement it use to have:

Mickeynerd17

Disney at the very least should fix up the Figment animatronics, the state of both of them are embarrassing. One is "Spastic Figment" while the other is "Crippled Figment"(Seriously though, sometimes his left arm doesn't have much motion and literally seems like it is being held/limited by an invisible arm cast). Take a look at this video back in 2003 of the same AA and you will see how much movement it use to have:

Well, that was 17 years ago, and that was an old animatronic anyway (I think it was reused from JII 1.0 but not quite sure).

The one that really looks sad is telephone figment. He looks so bad he could just fall apart before your eyes.

Homemade Imagineering

Yeah, they've seen better days. It seems like the pneumatic flow controls aren't regularly adjusted on the Figment AAs, and the attraction is generally always ridden with maintenance issues.

Inspired Figment

Maybe even fly.
Yeah, I personally think that’d be a neat effect to see in the opening scene, where Figment first pops out of the canister on the dreamcatching machine. I mean, don’t get me wrong, the original effect was effective too, but considering he’s a dragon with wings, it’d work well. Wouldn’t have to happen for the entire sequence.. but imagine, right when the canister opens he flies out and we see him flapping his wings up in delight as he exclaims “Dreamfinder, I’m just right!” and then after Dreamfinder gives him that dash of childlish delight, after he giggles with sparkles surrounding him. He settles back into the canister slightly, more in line with how we remember him in his OG AA form. Also I think it’d be fun to add him holding a telescope (sort of like he does on some promotional artwork seen on pendants, postcards, and the like)

RSoxNo1

They added a sweater, what more do you want?

NemoIncognito

So earlier this week after a ride on JIYI, I noticed a new ImaginationLand backdrop (from Inside Out) in Imageworks. So probably another meet and greet on the way to that space, to join Wreck-it Ralph.

Mickeynerd17

So earlier this week after a ride on JIYI, I noticed a new ImaginationLand backdrop (from Inside Out) in Imageworks. So probably another meet and greet on the way to that space, to join Wreck-it Ralph.
Well, that would be good to hear.

ImageWorks is a terrible disappointment right now. I understand with Covid you can't really do any of the exhibits, but its like a big fat empty room now. Nothing there.

Something should've been done about this a long time ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom