Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DoleWhipDrea

I'm sorry but... what?

It's a story with multiple tweets, reactions etc...the best breakdown can be found here.

The shortened version is he referred to some fans asking him questions about JIIwF as "morons" and called Figment an "animated little f***er." He's since deleted some of those tweets...I wonder if Disney PR reached out to him because it caused quite a stir, but who knows.

A short time later when everyone was talking about them, Eric Idle joked about buying one of the Figment popcorn buckets to resell for a million dollars.

Rodj

Quite an odd model they used for Figment in the PLAY! AR(Photo isn't mine)
1658961504169.png

Rodj

Get ready to be Disappointed folks! Here's what they Figment Statue does when you wave to it..It plays some whimsical music..That's it..No new voice soundbytes..

This person only tried once. From the website that shall not be named, a demonstration back in May shown that each statue has a few different interactions(The Figment statue wasn't enabled yet when they were doing these). Some may play music for one interaction but a voice clip for the next interaction.

Cmdr_Crimson

This person only tried once. From the website that shall not be named, a demonstration back in May shown that each statue has a few different interactions(The Figment statue wasn't enabled yet when they were doing these). Some may play music for one interaction but a voice clip for the next interaction.
I have seen two versions so far of the Rocket statue..One plays a dynamic score and the other one on the video sounding like a Jackson Five medley. I still think we're not going to expect anything except music..

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Some very rare behind the scenes footage of the Dreamfinders show in this video at 13:12. It confirms pretty much everything was ready to go before being scrapped (props, costumes, sets, etc).

There has to have been a pilot filmed for this..Figment looked more like a character done by the the same studio who did Pooh Corner and Dumbo's Circus.

DoleWhipDrea

Someone give a Disney exec a copy of the comic run. Before you know it, after they see the Marvel logo, Dreamfinder will be back in the pavilion.

Iger knew of the comic's existence and success (and was surprised that it did well)...it didn't change anything, unfortunately.

Interesting point about Marvel and Figment, though - Kevin Feige is a fan of our beloved purple dragon. I can't remember where I saw it from, but I saw him talk about Figment in a featurette and the excitement and joy on his face was truly delightful and earnest. I wonder if he's thought about doing more with him in the MCU past his inclusion in Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, though he probably recognizes that it's a tall order to truly get right.

If I can be completely honest, while there were lots of things that I liked about the comic, I would not want to see a new attraction solely based off of it. A few bits to inspire and add in a few nods? Sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom