Figment Refurb?

Flight Safety

I know this subject has been discussed ad nauseum and it would be too perfect and highly unlikely to see it restored to something comparable to its original state/version- but that would make me so happy. :D I found myself watching a YouTube vid of the original ride earlier this week and feeling so depressed with the reality of it all. :(

I watch the video on a regular basis. :( it really sucks that the whole imagination pavilion has suffered. I miss all of it and want it back badly.

The only thing I like about the new JII ride is the quote in my signature.

bluelobster

The last two times I was on the ride, either something didn't work (DJ figment in the sound room didn't pop up) or the ride got stuck....

As I learned the hard way, getting stuck in the skunk room for almost five minutes, I'm pretty sure, is in fact the seventh circle of hell.

Mechanically, the ride in it's current iteration is nearly 10 years old and in need of a refurb. And creatively, the attraction's been dead since the late 90s.

ayefour corp.

it has always seemed to me that Kodak was as dated a sponsor as the ride itself, and that the Whole Pavilion could use an overhaul. Dream sponsor in my opinion? Adobe.

HDS

Dreamfinder out of date??? Wha? You mean ah steam airship and a guy dress in late 1800's garb is out of date? With the Steampunk style still going strong at conventions I beg to differ.

david10225

The part of the original ride that still amazes me was when the ride cars seem t gather around a semi circle watching Dreamfinder riding some kind of contraption that creates Figment. I kind of felt like we were going around in a circle while we were standing still, but its been a long time and the memory fades. Epcot sure how so many new ride vehicles in one place.

Lee

Adventurer
Dreamfinder out of date??? Wha? You mean ah steam airship and a guy dress in late 1800's garb is out of date? With the Steampunk style still going strong at conventions I beg to differ.

Steampunk - not out of date. Still a current (and cool) design movement.

Dreamfinder - Steampunk-ish, seen through a late '70s lens. Out of date.

Now...if they want to go total steampunk with Dreamfinder, that would be cool....but might throw some people off...

Minnie1976

Steampunk - not out of date. Still a current (and cool) design movement.

Dreamfinder - Steampunk-ish, seen through a late '70s lens. Out of date.

Now...if they want to go total steampunk with Dreamfinder, that would be cool....but might throw some people off...
Whatever is done, they have to keep Figment? People didn't like it when they got rid of Figment. They had to bring Figment back.

Jasonflz

I think the biggest thing that needs to be done first is find a ready sponsor willing to pay off the debts of the pavilion.

I think Imagination is one of the luckiest pavilion is Future World, considering that it can be refurbed in phases. Captain EO isn't going anywhere for a while, and it still pulls crowds in so there would be no need to close it.

The upstairs Imageworks can simply be brought back while keeping the current ride open, while the ride's refurb could be done on it's own schedule.

Like The Land, just because a major attraction is undergoing refurb does not mean the entire pavilion needs to be closed.

MerlinTheGoat

Dreamfinder doesn't need much of a change to convert to steampunk style. Just a slight change in clothes style and color. His face, voice, and personality can stay the same (and i think that at least is pretty timeless). He's already wearing similar clothes to the style, just needs a change to a more realistic color or whatever. That's the only thing i really admit looks a tad outdated is the color of his clothes lol! He's aged well otherwise imo.:lol:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
lol, Disney should just revert it back to the 1980's! Considering they have Captain EO back, then bring the original ride back and place a new Imageworks upstairs!

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

aladdin2007

Whatever is done, they have to keep Figment? People didn't like it when they got rid of Figment. They had to bring Figment back.

I cant see them making that same mistake twice after the last revolt when that happened. They dont have to keep him, but they learned the hard way what happens when you take away something beloved to many.

TropicalFig8

I wouldn't really want Disney to change anything but to keep the classic look. The characters don't need any changes either. Look at Figment,he's the same except in 3D-ish in the ride. I'd say the technology needs to be updated if there's ever going to be a Imagination 4.0.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom