Figment Question

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
PurpleDragon said:
There were!! I had a figment key chain, stuffed animal, and a magnet. There were lots of other products too. They had everything from coloring books to t-shirts to backpacks. Some of them even featured Dreamfinder as well.

I have never heard of a sponsor owning the rights to a theme park character! They are sponsors, meaning they give money to help with the upkeep of the ride, in return they get a large amount of advertising on the ride and in the pavilion. I never remember hearing anything about getting the rights to a Disney character just for sponsoring a ride. If that was the case you would have seen figment trying to sell Kodak film to you on TV at some point.

I really do not recall seeing Figment marketed outside of the WDW park channels.

I will wait to see if anyone else can confirm or deny the ownership rights to the character.

PurpleDragon

You are correct they did not have them outside the parks. Although I DO remember seeing a Figment once in the Disney Store they had here in Atlanta. Might have been part of a WDW promotion.

I would be curious to find out if Kodak really did/does own rights to Figment. if they did/do that would pretty much suck.

wardrobeguy

I did see a Figment figurine for sale at the new World of Disney store here in New York.... but the store is run by Walt Disney World's merchandising arm so....

Figments Friend

I think we can pretty much guess that Disney does not own total rights to Figment....as if they did, i'm sure he would have had a direct-to-video movie out by now...

.....and a sequel to boot!!!

FigmentJedi

If only Disney could buy total rights to Figment and Dreamfinder, then it would be a better world.
DREAMFINDER-FIGMENT 2004!

Figments Friend

Wish they would hurry and do so...Lord knows we need Dreamfinder back BADLY!!

Hey, maybe they are waiting for the 25th Anniversary of Epcot Center in 2006?? I can see it now.....JIYI is TOTALLY redone and upgraded in a stunning way and Dreamy makes his big comeback after all this time.

Wow!! Talk about a awesome marketing move!!

I for one would book my next trip at THAT news.....i did it for Figment's 2002 return ...so why not Dreamfinder??

They really need to be back at the parks....Fig and Dre were to Epcot Center what Mickey and Donald are to MK in my mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom