Figment film in the works

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"A Disney film is in the works featuring the character Figment, a small purple dragon who serves as the mascot of Epcot’s Imagination Pavillion in Orlando. The feature hails from Seth Rogen’s Point Grey with Pokémon Detective Pikachu‘s Dan Hernandez and Benji Samit set to write, Deadline has learned."

Figments Friend

There has been talk about making a film for several years now.
Ever since the surprise success of the 'Figment' Marvel Comics series some time ago, there has been talk afoot about possibly making a film.

Tony Baxter had expressed publically back at that time a desire to see this happen.
Perhaps plans have moved forward in a more solidified direction.
We shall see.....eventually.

brb1006

Ever since I read the Figment Marvel comics, I've been hoping someone at Disney might someday turn Journey Into Imagination into a feature film. Really curious to see how this turns out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Seth Roger seems like a weird choice, but hey let’s get crazy.
Well to be clear it doesn't say how much that Seth will actually be involved or if he'll even be involved at all beyond just a producer credit, just that its being produced by his production company.

Also this won't be the first time that his production company has at least been involved with Disney for an animated film. Not sure if its still being developed, but his production company was also producing the Darkwing Duck reboot for D+.

EPCOT-O.G.

After the Box Office results for the recent Haunted Mansion Movie, I really hope the Figment Movie has actual effort put into it.
I loved Rogen’s version of Chip and Dale’s. I hope they deliver on the teaser hinted during the end credits within that universe. But I have no idea how broadly it was received. I still do have concerns re: Rogen’s involvement, but think they could do an inspired thing here.

Let’s be honest: even Rogen’s worst efforts are better than what they’ve done to Figment over the last two decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom